2015/16 Home Kit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can't believe it has been done without fan consultation. If jim Phipps and selahattin baki are the men of the people that some blades buy they would have asked what we wanted x

Exactly - and if they had have asked the fans - it wouldn't have happened.

UTB

Another positive I have about the shirt is that it's £40 as opposed to this seasons £45.

Here's the collar and the material

View attachment 11059 View attachment 11060

put them together and get

View attachment 11061

Course it's not generic. Sigh
Apart from the fact that the sleeves, the stripes on the sleeves and the collar are different, you're right. Exactly the same. Oh, and the number of pinstripes. EXACTLY the same. Apart from those four things. The sleeves, the stripes on the sleeves, the collar and the number of pinstripes. In the sense that it's a shirt made by a company called Adidas and will be worn by a football team, it's just a generic shirt. Boo! Sack the pinstripes!

If you ask the fans you'll never get an agreement on anything.
You take a vote of designs like before or a yes/no about the mostly white kit
It has just come out of the blue and the people who think this board has been open because they are on Twitter have been proved wrong in my opinion x

If you ask the fans you'll never get an agreement on anything.

Absolutely. However, the fans have been consulted in the past with a shortlist of designs to choose form and the "majority" won the pineapple

The fans are expected to buy the shirt, the fans should have a say in the clubs kit design. Or as I said on page 3, is that too much to ask?

Its garbage, and its only you that thinks I am speaking for all fans

So you're not speaking for all the fans?

but...

yes, it is him putting two fingers to the Fans

you are speaking for the fans?

I'm confused. :confused:

I don't like it does not equate to The fans don't like it, no matter how much you don't like it.

I love it ;)

UTB

Make of the following as you wish:

"Sheffield Steelers anyone?
This kit is just Jim Phipps and the owner testing the waters on a complete rebranding of Sheffield United. I was speaking to someone at the club and senior staff have been asked to gage the feelings on this, it is not so much the pin striped shirt the real tester was the red shorts and socks, they see our future in a all red kit, name change and badge change with a hook up with a MLS side, this could be a few years down the line but trust me that is the plan. We are losing and will lose our identity because of a yank who knows the square root of feck all about football but is a very talented corporate lawyer who sees growing commercially and is planning on a whole rebrand. So while all the drips are sucking his c@ck on twitter just remember you were a part in losing out history by telling him everything was rosey just to be his friend on twitter. You should be ashamed of yourselves, if it was just McCabe in charge of the club with what is going on, on and off the pitch he would be getting slaughtered big some clueless yank is getting praised even though his plan is to rebrand all while not putting a single penny into the club but hoping to build a business/brand for his employer the prince to sell. Some are that thick they don't even realise that is his job. Speaks to us on twitter though blah blah. Remember you were told, if we don't chase Phipps and co from our club there will not be a club for us anymore, us proper Blades. A steelers style franchise, you have been warned."

:D

Not a home kit were familiar with but still like and will most likely buy it at some point. I think this style would make a good away top but in yellow and red.

It would be nice to get back to the days of unique kit designs but unfortunately nearly every kit these days is based on a template.

This kit is just Jim Phipps and the owner testing the waters on a complete rebranding of Sheffield United. I was speaking to someone at the club and senior staff have been asked to gage the feelings on this, it is not so much the pin striped shirt the real tester was the red shorts and socks, they see our future in a all red kit, name change and badge change with a hook up with a MLS side, this could be a few years down the line but trust me that is the plan. We are losing and will lose our identity because of a yank who knows the square root of feck all about football but is a very talented corporate lawyer who sees growing commercially and is planning on a whole rebrand. So while all the drips are sucking his c@ck on twitter just remember you were a part in losing out history by telling him everything was rosey just to be his friend on twitter. You should be ashamed of yourselves, if it was just McCabe in charge of the club with what is going on, on and off the pitch he would be getting slaughtered big some clueless yank is getting praised even though his plan is to rebrand all while not putting a single penny into the club but hoping to build a business/brand for his employer the prince to sell. Some are that thick they don't even realise that is his job. Speaks to us on twitter though blah blah. Remember you were told, if we don't chase Phipps and co from our club there will not be a club for us anymore, us proper Blades. A steelers style franchise, you have been warned."

This is brilliant. If people like this didn't exist, we'd have to invent them.

Building the brand for the American market...

They love a bit of third division hoofball stateside don't they? Stick a red kit on it and it's a licence to print money.

How did we not see this coming?

Few comments about the new strip looking almost white from parts of the ground, is it just me that thinks (cynical I know) the " John Holland " logo looks more prominent like this.

I can't believe so many people are falling for yet more bullshit from the club this is clearly a marketing exercise by Addidas to get shut of a load of white material with a red pinstripe that clearly no one else wants, 125yr anniversary my arse that was last year not next year it is clearly a re hash of the Aberdeen and Forest away kits with a collar added. And changing the badge dear God what are they thinking our badge is renowned for being a modern design classic a item of simplistic beauty our corporate logo which the whole country instantly recognise, changing it would be like taking the four rings from an Audi or the prancing horse from a Ferrari what next change red to the green of the Saudi flag ffs.If this is the best Addidas can come up with it is time to fook em off lets go back to Umbro who made the classic United shirts. As for our board letting this abortion of a kit to be our home kit well they need dry arse raping it looks awful from the stands, it looks awful on TV it has nothing at all to do with SUFC and will certainly go down in history as an all time worst along with the diamonds kit when Basset was manager ................. traditional my arse.

Just for the conspiracy theorists regarding the "125 year excuse", it's been planned for quite some time, but unfortunately, as the anniversary sneaked up out of nowhere to some, it wasn't possible to do it in time for the original plan. It's now here, later than planned.

Those moaning about the logo change, it's temporary, and if you were that much of a stickler (I really like our badge) with an attention to detail, it's changed in recent years anyway.

Just for the conspiracy theorists regarding the "125 year excuse", it's been planned for quite some time, but unfortunately, as the anniversary sneaked up out of nowhere to some, it wasn't possible to do it in time for the original plan. It's now here, later than planned.

I think if Adidas had dropped that on us last year as their first Sheffield United home kit, the fans would have gone into meltdown.

I like it as a one off. Should have been this season's kit though, and it is much nicer than this seasons kit too. The pinstripes should be slightly wider though. Am I allowed to say I like it with the red shorts too?

as the anniversary sneaked up out of nowhere to some.
Yes it's not like you can anticipate fixed dates from 125 years ago :)

If the badge is a one off, fair enough - it still seems absolutely daft to do it now the 125 has been and gone though.

The shirt just looks too white from the stands, you cannot tell we have any stripes on there, it just looks like a white kit with red shorts (Stevenage). The pinstripes on the big version on the BL lower had only 3 pinstripes and they were much thicker in proportion to the shirt, so if it was actually that design it may look like we've got some semblance of stripes from a distance.

The other thing is the red shorts (which have nothing to do with the original kit), I reckon with black shorts it might help with the first impression I had was that 'I'm not watching Sheffield United'

By the way for all those saying 'it's football not a fashion parade'. Why should we be precluded from having an opinion on how the tradition and brand of our club is portrayed? Other teams have done this sort of stuff and all have switched back. Southampton had their experiment with all red, hardly anyone liked it and they're back to their proper red and white striped kit.

I must say we've had decent looking kits over the last few years, since they stopped messing with the colour of the shorts in the early 2000s, so I suppose it was time for a shocker, people always want to mess about after a few years of the same thing.

I just think red and white stripes, black shorts is what we play in, and it's a classic look, and this sort of thing is an unnecessary gimmick.

This should have been this season's away kit. I'm pretty sure the mammoth thread debating the new Adidas kits last summer included many suggestions that something like this would be a great away kit for the 125 anniversary season.

I'll put up with it for a season mostly because, ignoring the fact that it's a Blades home kit, I really like it.

We should definitely return to proper red and white stripes, black shorts and white socks the following season. If there is any truth in this 'HRH and Phipps rebranding the club' business then they have picked the wrong club. I can't think of another club with such a strong identity and fans who wouldn't stand for such nonsense. I'd rather watch MY club in the Conference than watch A club that happened to be the closest to me geographically in the Premier League. If I wanted to watch a soulless brand in the Premier League I'd move to Manchester.

Those moaning about the logo change, it's temporary, and if you were that much of a stickler (I really like our badge) with an attention to detail, it's changed in recent years anyway.
Surely anyone who doesn't like the badge can just make their own kit, like everyone did this season? might have to dig that thread out...

Back
Top Bottom