2015/16 Home Kit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

its our heritage , its us its white with red stripes with sufc on the badge , its all we are

You know that isn't the case for 99% of the clubs history and its pretty empty celebrating your 125th anniversary in your 127th season, especially when they sold replica shirts of the pinstriped shirt all season for the anniversary. The nod to history is frankly a load of old b*******s - but swallow that line if you must.

We are where we are for a reason. And if we scrape our way into the playoffs and up, so be it. If we play ugly football,and get a result - so be it.Arsenal and Leeds won a championship like that. We are in League 1 - we are not Los Galacticos.

Absolutely agree. We are getting palmed off with a second hand, slightly modified old Forest away kit and are being told its something special. Its a generic kit - go on the adidas kitbuilder and you can design the same thing. A third rate kit for a third division team - adidas' assessment of our club's standing. With the red shorts we look like Walsall in the 60's. Hang your heads in shame whichever moron at the Lane agreed this shirt as a home shirt.

Wow, if this is the reaction to this, wait until the away kit is released!

Bet that has blue on it. - Fenerbache kit maybe.

I wasn't speaking for you

Its a Blades Shirt ................... the fuckin worst ever, but a Blades Shirt all the same

Apparently, if you hold it up to a Total Eclipse of the Sun, an image appears of McCabe putting up two fingers to the Fans ...

Not to me it's not.

Again you are appearing to decide your opinion is the same as all fans.

Can you not accept that plenty like it and unfortunately you don't but, hey well, it will only be for a season. And blaming McCabe because something he may have had little input in is against your personal taste?

As I said unnecessary nonesense.

Generic rubbish it's the same template as west brom and all the other Adidas shirts. The nod to our heritage is a good excuse for having this seasons template of Adidas next season which isn't even the 125th year. It just has nothing that resembles a United shirt. The badge is wrong and the colour of the shorts and socks are wrong. Just like the red shorts when warnock was in charge x

Not to me it's not.

Again you are appearing to decide your opinion is the same as all fans.
Its garbage, and its only you that thinks I am speaking for all fans

and McCabe does still run the Club. so yes, it is him putting two fingers to the Fans

Just like the Black version he brought out with his name on it ................ not the names of the Original Blades Committee Members

Just him and his mates

The only changes I would make would be to add our current badge and increase thickness of the pinstripes. Other than that I think it's class and does a good job of celebrating our history and I cant wait to see it more.

Its garbage, and its only you that thinks I am speaking for all fans

and McCabe does still run the Club. so yes, it is him putting two fingers to the Fans

Just like the Black version he brought out with his name on it ................ not the names of the Original Blades Committee Members

Just him and his mates

It's not whether I think your speaking for all fans or not. By you saying the shirt is McCabe sticking two fingers up to the fans then it is what you are doing.

How can it be sticking two fingers up to the fans if lots of fans like it?

The only changes I would make would be to add our current badge and increase thickness of the pinstripes. Other than that I think it's class and does a good job of celebrating our history and I cant wait to see it more.

This ^^ absolutely bob on mate. We play in stripes not lines. Something between the 2 and our current blades badge.

It's coming to something when we generate ten pages of postings talking about a bloody shirt. As far as I'm concerned they can play in their pyjamas provided it's decent football and we win.

So when are they going to start offloading the current ones with more than 2% of red on the cheap?

It's coming to something when we generate ten pages of postings talking about a bloody shirt. As far as I'm concerned they can play in their pyjamas provided it's decent football and we win.

and when we DON'T win it's about holding on to the comfort of tradition of our Red and White stripes and black shorts

It's about tradition, and this shirt is not now and never will be our tradition.

It's crap.

UTB

The shirt is ok and I like the badge, don't know what the red shorts and socks are about though. We should have had this kit last year, i was hoping for a proper striped shirt with a bit of black trim for next season.

With all the ex Derby lads it's probably not a bad idea to play in white :p

Come on you, is there a bloody red stripe there somewhere, too small for me eyes, need me readers, need a pair of bloody binoculars more like and white wizards!!!

We are going to suffer a quadrupole whammy next season.

League one football.
Clough still in charge.
Another Mid table finish (at best)
Terrible Kit.

lets try it we were going nowhere in current strip , it worked for southampton and its not for life
and it is the original kit we wore , the thick stripes are the later one

Diabastrous NB Red and white striped shirt Proper stripes Black shorts Red socks with white top PLEASE
As far as I am aware, the original shirt was not sullied with the advertising of some plank or other.

If the club wanted reaction, they've certainly got it! First off, people don't like change so we were always going to get comments like we're getting. Second, yes the 'stripes' are not discernible from the sidelines and the shirts look all-white. I've no problems with this. Two teams who play in blue/maroonish shirts - Barca and Palace - look purple.

Am I happy at this complete change from the red white & black? Not at all, but McCabe didn't want to have wasted his money on the 'Sheffield's Red & White' banners. ;)

If we were going for such a radical change, I think more consultation - rather than the fait accompli we've been presented with - would have been more appropriate. But what I can never, ever agree with is the change of badge.

The standard circular badge we've had for so long is a fucking design classic! Right up there with the Austin Mini and red telephone box. It's simple, clean, symmetrical design was awesome. This 'shield' is a tacky effort - very similar to the pigs' badge. Where the fuck did the lion come from? Are we Villa? Has one escaped from Norton Zoo?

upload_2015-3-22_6-12-4.png or
a6937d3e08dc7f74d13fa978e6e2604b.jpg
You decide...

I quite like it and will be buying one, because of how it looks not because of the the rest of the bullshit.

It's a kit at the end of the day, nothing more, nothing less. It doesn't really matter what we play in (providing it isn't Blue of course)

When I go on my jollies this year and someone in a bar asks who I support, when I say Sheffield United they're not going to say "oh, that's them lads that play in that white shirt with the pinstripe and red shorts. There kit is bloody awful, it should be red and white".

They're much more likely to say "oh, that team who have been stuck in the third division for 5 years and are rubbish at playoffs, you're a decent cup team though." (unless we do win them this year!)

The kit we play in doesn't create history or make United who they are, it's what we do on the pitch that does that.

Why don't they commemorate the past 124 years of us wearing red and white and wear red and White. It has nothing to do with history just the kit Adidas wanted us to have and the heritage element is a spin to get people on side. Why even bother with a badge seen as it was just a plain white top at first and no sponsors.
Can't believe it has been done without fan consultation. If jim Phipps and selahattin baki are the men of the people that some blades buy they would have asked what we wanted x

Back
Top Bottom