2015/16 Home Kit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Love the kit. The badge and that collar oozes class. Don't even mind the red shorts.

I'd happily adopt an adaptation of that crest as well. Reckon our badge needs a bit of freshening up.

Thats from Shoot towards the end of the D4 season

Richardson, Matthews, Conroy, Houston, Waugh, MacPhail, Hatton
McSeveney, Trusson. Charles, Wiggan, Kenworthy, Tibbott, Coldwell
Garner, Casey, Morris, Porterfield, King, Neville, Edwards.
Should have known no Terry Cu** on the pic

sorry but this is gash.
perhaps we should change to blue .. i hear it is lucky in the Middle East or something .. we could use Cardiffs old shirts

Thatt's the 83-84 season

Henderson, Brazil. McHale, Waugh, Kenworthy (with shiner!), Charles, Garner
West, Trusson, Stan, Bolton, Atkins
McSeveney, Morris, Porterfield, Edwards, Dixon
Thatt's the 83-84 season

Henderson, Brazil. McHale, Waugh, Kenworthy (with shiner!), Charles, Garner
West, Trusson, Stan, Bolton, Atkins
McSeveney, Morris, Porterfield, Edwards, Dixon

I was in the car park watching the photo call that day. Edwards brought a monster mask and wore it when the photos were being taken. I remember the larger group had Philliskirk on the far left back row and Brian Smith sitting on the ground

Setting aside the pros and cons of the stripes etc. Like I said earlier, if you set out deliberately to divide supporters you introduce a radical new strip without consultation. For whatever reason it is something supporters feel strongly about. This response was entirely predictable.
So why for Christ's sake would you do it? Especially now?? Why Jim?

Setting aside the pros and cons of the stripes etc. Like I said earlier, if you set out deliberately to divide supporters you introduce a radical new strip without consultation. For whatever reason it is something supporters feel strongly about. This response was entirely predictable.
So why for Christ's sake would you do it? Especially now?? Why Jim?
It does divert the fans attention from the shit boardroom, management and team performances this season so if that is the reason it has been a spectacular success. While the vitriol is directed at the new kit the fans are leaving the bit that is vital for the clubs future alone.

I was in the car park watching the photo call that day. Edwards brought a monster mask and wore it when the photos were being taken. I remember the larger group had Philliskirk on the far left back row and Brian Smith sitting on the ground

That bigger photo is in the 1983-4 "club yearbook" they brought out in Octoberb 83ish. For some reason I recall the youth team goalie Darren Dennison was on it. I have the thing at home in any event.

and black.
Correct - has the club forgotten this too?

A lot of the issues with the new shirt could have been IMMEDIATELY resolved if on Saturday we had played in black shorts.
For Jim Phipps or Baki to come out AFTERWARDS and say......oh we will play next year in red and black shorts is pathetic.

If we are to have this 125 year shirt, then it MUST be Black shorts and probably red socks and that is how it should have been presented (IN TOTAL) on Saturday.

Whilst disliking the shirt, my disgust on Saturday was with red shorts and red socks........where's the black FFS?
Could be really nice, Black shorts with the 3 red Adidas stripes down the side and the socks being red with the letters SUFC in them instead of the plain ones with no Blades insignia we have had to endure this season.

UTW

Love it as a one off. It's a throw back to our early shirts, what's the problem with that? The badge is good, the john Holland logo is better than this years.
However, we're forgetting the more important factor which is support the team!

52249762.jpg

4th div

What a team that was....Colin Morris was my hero....I can name them all apart from the guy in the middle row next to Rambo...(not Big Stan of course) ?

Correct - has the club forgotten this too?

A lot of the issues with the new shirt could have been IMMEDIATELY resolved if on Saturday we had played in black shorts.
For Jim Phipps or Baki to come out AFTERWARDS and say......oh we will play next year in red and black shorts is pathetic.

If we are to have this 125 year shirt, then it MUST be Black shorts and probably red socks and that is how it should have been presented (IN TOTAL) on Saturday.

Whilst disliking the shirt, my disgust on Saturday was with red shorts and red socks........where's the black FFS?
Could be really nice, Black shorts with the 3 red Adidas stripes down the side and the socks being red with the letters SUFC in them instead of the plain ones with no Blades insignia we have had to endure this season.

UTW

Clough decision, everyone knows he doesnt like Black........ :rolleyes:

The thought of not seeing us play in red & white stripes for a full season is just wrong. I think this shirt is superb and will definitely be buying it but going to The Lane and seeing us play in something other than red & white stripes? That just doesn't seem right.

It's too late now to get a new red & white shirt so I reckon we should keep this seasons shirt, put the new John Holland logo on it, and have this absolute beauty of a shirt as our away kit, although we need to have black shorts & socks with it, not red.

Also, re the badge, a) are we going to have this badge on the away shirt and b) is this the badge that all the media are going to use for us?

I think the new shirt has some smart attributes. I like the collar for example.

Pity the stripes weren't a bit wider so visible from a distance and our superb current logo not incorporated somehow. I would have thought a cluster of smaller badges from the past with the current badge would have looked good, a bit like a scout shirt. :cool:

I wish you could buy the shirt without the advertising logo. This should be optional.

I agree, black shorts are a must and can not see us playing in white shorts at all with this shirt.

It is clear to me that the shirt is just a compote of other adidas offerings.

HH

I think the new shirt has some smart attributes. I like the collar for example.

Pity the stripes weren't a bit wider so visible from a distance and our superb current logo not incorporated somehow. I would have thought a cluster of smaller badges from the past with the current badge would have looked good, a bit like a scout shirt. :cool:

I wish you could buy the shirt without the advertising logo. This should be optional.

I agree, black shorts are a must and can not see us playing in white shorts at all with this shirt.

It is clear to me that the shirt is just a compote of other adidas offerings.

HH
I think the sponsor looks really good. Neat logo and it's not on a big patch so it's very minimal.

It does appear to be a mix of a few templates but it's not a bog standard template so it is still a one off design.

It does divert the fans attention from the shit boardroom, management and team performances this season so if that is the reason it has been a spectacular success. While the vitriol is directed at the new kit the fans are leaving the bit that is vital for the clubs future alone.

It's just another example of treating the supporters with contempt. On the one hand, they drive through this kit and awful badge in the name of 'tradition'. On the other, they deface one of the stands with the name of a publicity-hungry runner who has no ties to the club whatsoever.

On the other, they deface one of the stands with the name of a publicity-hungry runner who has no ties to the club whatsoever.
that's not entirely fair. she seemed pretty embarrassed about the whole thing, and the club came off looking like the ones seeking the publicity. she, on the other hand, had just won olympic gold and had all the attention she could handle.

This from Jim's FB
The time between announcing Adidas as our kit sponsor and starting sales of new kit was too short to do something one-off for the start of our year-long 125 celebration. Production cycles are just too long. E.g., design work on 16-17 kit design is already done & dusted. (Any apparel industry types to back me up?) So to do a history and heritage replica in connection utb the 125 celebration, as many fans had suggested, we had to wait and make the replica kit the final and crowning piece of the celebration.
So let me get this straight: Our current home kit is bespoke, and not just a reused template? And the largest sports equipment manufacturer in the world can't come up with another unique design within 12 months? And the kit we'll be using the season after next has already been designed and can't be changed?
Sorry Jim, but that's bollocks. If adidas are that inflexible maybe we should go the Southampton route and manufacture our own kit?

On the other, they deface one of the stands with the name of a publicity-hungry runner who has no ties to the club whatsoever.

I think you will find it was McCabe that went chasing her and was after some cheap publicity
Jess Ennis doesnt need the publicity (shes a heptathlete not a runner) unlike another female who courted the media with regard to the Ched affair

Our current home kit is bespoke, and not just a reused template? And the largest sports equipment manufacturer in the world can't come up with another unique design within 12 months?

If you go on the mi adidas kitbuilder site you can design the kit in 10 minutes and get delivery in 45 days.Perhaps I should send Jim the url.:p

The original badge had a lion on top. Its an updated version of that badge. The shirt is an updated version of that shirt.

Here's the original badge...

View attachment 11075

Also...

Etc....

Nice Googling! I think the evolution of the BMW and Vauxhall badges proves my point - gradual, subtle changes over the years without losing sight of how the badges came about in the first place.

Not a total demolition of a fine badge that we've had for many years.

[QUOTE="Not a total demolition of a fine badge that we've had for many years.[/QUOTE]

You do know this is only for 1 season don't you?

Etc....

Nice Googling! I think the evolution of the BMW and Vauxhall badges proves my point - gradual, subtle changes over the years without losing sight of how the badges came about in the first place.

Not a total demolition of a fine badge that we've had for many years.

I don't want to sound like an echo but... ITS FOR ONE SEASON!!!"

its a remake of an old badge used before the current classic. I agree, the current badge is one of, if not the best in the country.

I doubt the badge will appear on the 2nd and 3rd kits

Back
Top Bottom