2-1 masacre

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

But we didn't, and hung on.

I'm confident we will be promoted. Just making an accurate and honest assessment that we were poor today.

Good sign that even when we are well below par we still win.

Ok, you could say we weren’t great second half, but to say they were on top for most of it and we were poor on the whole is sure sign you have taken leave of your senses.
Be right. We murdered them the first, and they barely got out of their own 18 yd box for the first 30 minutes of the second.
We tired, we expended a huge amount of energy with the first 11, and as soon as Duff, and then Sharp went off we weren’t as effective at restricting them. Plus the lad they brought on got in pockets and started running at us. He improved them, we tired and Brooks simply isn’t anywhere near as good a striker others without the ball.

Think Duffy has Magnet’s in his boots.

Like watching the Matrix, the ball just sticks, the game slowed down as he dictated which way the play was going to go...oppo too slow to react...

Wonderful to watch.
UTB!

Utterly disappointed, after their 7.5mill striker went off we allowed a shot on target and conceded. Only dominated last seasons play-off finalists for 75mins.
Wilder out.

Ok, you could say we weren’t great second half, but to say they were on top for most of it and we were poor on the whole is sure sign you have taken leave of your senses.
Be right. We murdered them the first, and they barely got out of their own 18 yd box for the first 30 minutes of the second.
We tired, we expended a huge amount of energy with the first 11, and as soon as Duff, and then Sharp went off we weren’t as effective at restricting them. Plus the lad they brought on got in pockets and started running at us. He improved them, we tired and Brooks simply isn’t anywhere near as good a striker others without the ball.

I meant we were poor second half, we were decent first half after Coutts goal.

I don't think there is anything wrong with rationally analyzing the game and having the opinion we were poor in the 2nd half. We've set high standards, when we drop below them, its easy to see we were below our standards. Just because we are new to the league, or have had a shit couple of years prior to last season, doesn't mean we need to set our standards lower than the teams capabilities.

I'm not throwing around careless criticism, slagging off individual players, the manager etc. Just saying, by our standards we were poor 2nd half. If we want to get promotion and beat the teams in the top 6 we will need to learn from the 2nd half and improve on it. Thats all. And I'm sure Wilder and Knill will agree behind closed doors.

On a different note - we've now played 13 of the teams in this division - I've only seen one team that is better than us and thats Wolves (when I've watched some of their other games, not the game vs us), and we beat them. Cardiff deservedly beat us, but I don't see them having enough quality to stay in the top 2.

The Top 2 should be a serious consideration. I just haven't seen another team yet that play as effectively as us in the final 3rd, defend the box as good as us on a consistent basis and press as well. If we can keep our midfield 3 fit and healthy then we have a very strong chance of promotion.

Fair enough Borbokisfreekick

I still feel that the levels dropped due to tiredness more than anything. And let’s not forget they changed style and plan several times to try and get something from the game, which on balance of the match would have nee totally unjustified. The kid they brought on Swift looked useful, and changed the dynamic of their side. He was free to run from areas we weren’t covering as well due to fatigue.

If I were to be critical, I would say that we really should have put more goals away with the chances we had. Sharps header and JOC’s follow up...Clarke’s one on one...Brooks through on goal....we could easily have had 5 and it wouldn’t have flattered us.

I’m just loving the way this side isn’t playing. Since we settled down, no team has really sussed how to contain us. The team just knows what they are doing and when to do it. If we really find that star striker then promotion is on if you ask me.

Clarke by the way....I doubt he’s worked this hard at any club he’s ever played at. Superb.

nothing wrong with criticism but we were still the better side well into the second half, even when they had there spell in the last 15 we had a couple of chances to finish it. So to say we were poor 2nd half is frankly a load of rubbish.

100% agree pal, bar the last 10 minutes (which Wilder will work on) we controlled their arse with ease.

where is this rubbish 2nd half come from, we dominated the game for 75 mins out of 90. They didn't deserve anything else from the game. They had the last 15 , even then we nearly scored on the break twice. What about that fantastic save there keeper pulled off which would have made it 3 nil and game over? Some people on here just carnt wait to have a go.
Billy should have buried that chance tbh..

Not really, only clear chances we had was the Sharp header and Clarke 1 on 1, and maybe Brooke's that he fluffed.. We played okay for for 25 min in 1st half and opening 10 mins of 2nd half. Other than that it was a very poor performance by our standards in the 2nd half with a lower chance creation than normal.

On to the next game.
Great post :confused:

So 2 goals and 3 clear chances then ?

Honestly, better composure / bit of luck, we get 5 today.

Over 90 Mins, score flatters em. If I was Wilder, I’d seriously reconsider consistently taking Duffy off.

Handed them a lifeline, which credit to Reading, they took.

But don’t let’s kid anyone we were not by far the better side.

UTB

It was a joke how comfortable most of that game was, as it has been on more than one occasion this season.

Teams can't match our organisation, teamwork and work rate. Just about all of them look half arsed compared to us.

Teams can't get the better of our system either. We regularly outnumber teams all over the pitch, when attacking and defending. Add to that the way our players work so hard to cover for each other and this is what makes us look so comfortable so often.

And as one (of many I think) who doesn't like Reading it gave me great satisfaction to see us so comfortable against them.

It changed when Duffy went off but they still didn't deserve to score. 2-1 was a great scoreline for them.

It's impossible to dominate a game for 90 minutes, unless it's pre-season and Stocksbridge Park Steels. It's well-nigh impossible to dominate any game for 75 minutes, again... assuming you're up against a team in the same division. So...... to dominate this game for 75 minutes has to be regarded as amazing. Criticism after that is churlish, and unrealistic. Let's be realistic guys and gals, and leave the world of make-believe, deluded thinking, re-invention of history and re-modelling of facts to sad people like Carlos and his merry band of over-paid superstars and their seriously exploited fan base.

I meant we were poor second half, we were decent first half after Coutts goal.

I don't think there is anything wrong with rationally analyzing the game and having the opinion we were poor in the 2nd half. We've set high standards, when we drop below them, its easy to see we were below our standards. Just because we are new to the league, or have had a shit couple of years prior to last season, doesn't mean we need to set our standards lower than the teams capabilities.

I'm not throwing around careless criticism, slagging off individual players, the manager etc. Just saying, by our standards we were poor 2nd half. If we want to get promotion and beat the teams in the top 6 we will need to learn from the 2nd half and improve on it. Thats all. And I'm sure Wilder and Knill will agree behind closed doors.

On a different note - we've now played 13 of the teams in this division - I've only seen one team that is better than us and thats Wolves (when I've watched some of their other games, not the game vs us), and we beat them. Cardiff deservedly beat us, but I don't see them having enough quality to stay in the top 2.

The Top 2 should be a serious consideration. I just haven't seen another team yet that play as effectively as us in the final 3rd, defend the box as good as us on a consistent basis and press as well. If we can keep our midfield 3 fit and healthy then we have a very strong chance of promotion.

Think I was watching a different match.

Reading were OK for the first 10 minutes then we took over.
Reminded me of many of the games from last season in league 1, it was really one sided.
One of the best/ most dominant we’ve played in the 1st half.

Second half we took our foot off the pedal but it was still incredibly comfortable with Blackman not having to make a single save.
We coasted/ grew tired as the 2nd half wore on and didn’t press as well.
As expected Reading came into it and it was a much more even contest.
Reading pulled a goal back out of the blue then it the final 5 minutes plus injury time we sat back and defended in numbers.
Those final few minutes were the only time Reading looked decent, for much of the game we made Reading look poor.

It’s been a pattern in many home games where for the final 5 minutes we seem to decide to shut up shop and defend the lead. It makes the final few minutes nervy in what was generally a really comfortable match.

Does anyone else get pissed off with one goal wins. Do you realise if the game yesterday had been the last game of the season, that late goal we needlessly coceeded would have made the difference between auto and the play-offs, THAT is how important it is to be more clinical and get some goals on the score line.

Does anyone else get pissed off with one goal wins. Do you realise if the game yesterday had been the last game of the season, that late goal we needlessly coceeded would have made the difference between auto and the play-offs, THAT is how important it is to be more clinical and get some goals on the score line.

Not necessarily. Would depend on the result of Blades v Cardiff at The Lane.

What's puzzling me is why has Duffy been subbed 7 times in eleven starts?

He’s 31 and playing possibly the most physically demanding on the pitch, with an excellent young player on the bench who can run teams ragged late in games. It’s nothing new either - a frequent CW tactic last season.

Does anyone else get pissed off with one goal wins?

No, honestly no. It’s the defeats that trouble me.

As to your hypothesis, it applies to all clubs in all leagues. If my Aunt Edith had a pair of bollocks she'd be my Uncle Edwin.

He’s 31 and playing possibly the most physically demanding on the pitch, with an excellent young player on the bench who can run teams ragged late in games. It’s nothing new either - a frequent CW tactic last season.

Yes, you’ve said. :)

No, honestly no. It’s the defeats that trouble me.

As to your hypothesis, it applies to all clubs in all leagues. If my Aunt Edith had a pair of bollocks she'd be my Uncle Edwin.
Please read and digest the whole context of the post, that late sloppy giveaway goal gives us a worse GD than Cardiff, if that had been the last game of the season, it would have meant we were in the play -offs instead of auto promo. Try and be glib about that fucking disaster.

Please read and digest the whole context of the post, that late sloppy giveaway goal gives us a worse GD than Cardiff, if that had been the last game of the season, it would have meant we were in the play -offs instead of auto promo. Try and be glib about that fucking disaster.

Read and digested. No change. The ‘if’ is so remote and so speculative as to render the point meaningless.

i thought it was a good sweat at the end and thoroughly enjoyed it. They did seem to get better and better as the second half wore on. By the 80th minute it was like we were playing a different team. Onto Friday

Swift completely transformed them when when he came on against our tiring (which is no suprise after the sheer graft they all put in) legs. He’s an excellent player and one i would like us to try and sign in January. Would fit in to our team superbly

They got a lift of that dirty git McShane coming on, foul after foul by him to break our rhythm up. Swift looked quality, one to keep an eye on.

Taking Duffy off for the last 15 minutes is getting a bit predictable now and maybe that is what they were waiting far? We also need a pacey striker under 30 please....

Back
Top Bottom