11 years ago today...Keeeeeeef!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Naughty boy.........3mins 11 seconds into video..

I was at that, frustrating game. A lot of time has been spent on Warnock and his contract issues, but Gillespie seemed to overnight switch from one of our best players to reckless money-grabber over that contract issue. Think he mentions in his book that it was around the time he had gambling troubles?

Also, Wally Fucking Downes. Yet another one to interpret Warnock’s “he went in with his studs, ref” dramatic reinactment as a “look, Warnock is telling his players to break opponents legs” fabrication.

Agree about Downes. Tosser. I may be wrong but I think Vinnie Jones got sent off at a kick-off. And Gillespie's is certainly the fastest sending off for a substitute - ever. He probably had a big bet on it.

I choose to remember KEEF for his goal vs Man Utd at the lane in 06/07. Although we lost, as someone who grew up knowing them as the "ultimate" football club, it was nice to see us ahead of them at the lane for a brief while.

There was also his late goal against Charlton (?) in the same season.

Agree about Downes. Tosser. I may be wrong but I think Vinnie Jones got sent off at a kick-off. And Gillespie's is certainly the fastest sending off for a substitute - ever. He probably had a big bet on it.

Jones went though someone straight after kick off didn't he?

Naughty boy.........3mins 11 seconds into video..

Well the defending for the first goal is absolute comedy gold, circus defending. Second goal was a lovely move. Keeeef was stupid but to be fair Hunt is a complete and utter dick head just wished Keef had knocked him out then it would have been worth the red card.

So was I. He was outpaced by Peter Reid. Peter Fucking Reid.
I remember that. Reid looked like someone’s grandad and ran like it wasn’t as easy as it used to be but pulled away from Vinny with ease. My only visit to Maine Road.

Back
Top Bottom