“Sheffield United - a class apart

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FATTYFOULKE

Reaction score
We’d better be careful. Carry on like we are and the rest of the Championship might cotton on, our element of surprise might be gone....

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-things-learned-reading-fcs-13795709

Sheffield United are a class apart

The Blades are arguably the best side Royals have come up against this season and their results so far back that up.

Although they do not have any so-called 'stars', they are a hard-working, organised team with each member knowing what to do.

We’d better be careful. Carry on like we are and the rest of the Championship might cotton on, our element of surprise might be gone....

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-things-learned-reading-fcs-13795709

Sheffield United are a class apart

The Blades are arguably the best side Royals have come up against this season and their results so far back that up.

Although they do not have any so-called 'stars', they are a hard-working, organised team with each member knowing what to do.
I disagree. We have 11 'stars'.

I disagree. We have 11 'stars'.
We’re beginning to be recognised as more than a team with a bit of momentum now, well by anybody with a bit of knowledge that is.

Phill Brown and the Porkside, that means you!

We’re beginning to be recognised as more than a team with a bit of momentum now, well by anybody with a bit of knowledge that is.

Phill Brown and the Porkside, that means you!

What has Phil Brown said out of interest?

He was, but then he mentioned momentum and was therefore consigned to the seemingly endless list of wankers who are out to get us.

We definitely do not have momentum. Got it?
Yes he was complimentary but seemed to put it all down to momentum rather than shock horror, actually having a bit more about us than that and actually being a very good team.

He was, but then he mentioned momentum and was therefore consigned to the seemingly endless list of wankers who are out to get us.

We definitely do not have momentum. Got it?

I think it’s more to do with him insinuating that we’re only doing so well because of the momentum we’ve got from last season, rather than it being because we’re a good team

i'm happy for Brown to perpetuate the myth.. 'momentum' and it's running mate.. 'pashun'.. i'm more worried that we might have been rumbled actually

But that followed him saying complimentary things about us. We just seem to be incredibly sensitive.

It’s not being sensitive, it’s calling out so called ‘pundits’ who literally don’t watch the league to a high degree to have a valid opinion on it.

Phil Brown rambled through his answer and Just kept saying momentum...bollocks Phil!!

To be fair Colin Murray asked about united in general and in contrast to Millwall and Bolton. He was complimentary and I don't think the momentum comments were a put down. He was very complimentary about CW.

"Momentum" is the new "Pashun"

Long may people think we are just a 90mph up and at em set.

Dunno, think I read today we are second in the bad boys league too, with bookings points. Suggests we are useful at getting a foot in. Though in my opinion it’s more to do with some very soft refereeing in the championship coupled with the gamesmanship of clubs trying to get opponents booked.

But that followed him saying complimentary things about us. We just seem to be incredibly sensitive.
Not really.
I felt the same, he started out complimentary but then somehow implied that we were playing well not because we're actually a very good team, but because of the 'momentum' carrying over from last season.
I'm not especially sensitive but it did seem a case of damning with faint praise :mad:

Phil Brown's "Momentum" comment is about as patronising as the rest of condescending cunts.
They sat there salivating over the Woofs, a team we comfortably put to the sword.
Why can't they just say we're a very good footballing team?

Colin Murray has been complimentary about us every week and so have most of the pundits. To me there is also no doubt that we have kept the moementum from last year. The winning habit and mentality has been the same. What has been crucial is Wilder's various statements of intent that we are going to go for it in matches and not change our way of playing. In the last week we have had two teams who have altered their usual way of playing to try and stop us. Didn't work for either. I should think Leeds will be wondering what to do now.

Did Phil Brown say we were a good side or not?

I’m pretty sure he never said it?

Therefore why not?

Is it because he knows fuckall about us and the league we’re now plying our trade in, even though he’s getting paid to be doing punditry on the Championship?

Did Phil Brown say we were a good side or not?

I’m pretty sure he never said it?

Therefore why not?

Is it because he knows fuckall about us and the league we’re now plying our trade in, even though he’s getting paid to be doing punditry on the Championship?

Couldn't give a shit what pundits or anyone says right now, we do our talking on the pitch.

What exactly IS this so called momentum? It’s not like we’re a three ton ball being shoved down a hill. We’re a football team. One that lost a couple of games near the start of the season. So if it is down to “momentum” from last season how come it didn’t stop then? Good players, good manager, fantastic tactics, great support, self belief and a never say die attitude is what it’s about.

At any point did he actually say that we’re a good team? I don’t think he did. He was asked a question about how good we are and then started rambling on about us, Millwall and Bolton, adding that we were up at the top because we’d got momentum from last season.

He was complimentary to Wilder but thats obvious to anyone who has seen what Wilder has achieved these last few seasons.

Why do I get the impression that, if a footballing pundit said " Bramall Lane is the Valhalla of football, Chris Wilder is Jesus Christ reincarnated an Paul Coutts is better than Maradonna and Zidane rolled into one" there are those on here who would be outraged about the fact that, once again, we were being under appreciated.

For fuck's sake, we're 3 rd. in the Championship, playing well and receiving compliments from many different sources on a scale I can't remember in my lifetime.

Please just ENJOY IT while you can and stop fucking nitpicking !

Sheffield utd are everything I wish we were.

Just seen this on Reading Forum. Hopefully not to many people will cotton on to the fact that we’re winning because we actually have a fantastic group of players with a manager who knows his stuff!

Why do I get the impression that, if a footballing pundit said " Bramall Lane is the Valhalla of football, Chris Wilder is Jesus Christ reincarnated an Paul Coutts is better than Maradonna and Zidane rolled into one" there are those on here who would be outraged about the fact that, once again, we were being under appreciated.

For fuck's sake, we're 3 rd. in the Championship, playing well and receiving compliments from many different sources on a scale I can't remember in my lifetime.

Please just ENJOY IT while you can and stop fucking nitpicking !

Phil Brown was doing OK until Colin asked him the direct question on how good we are and he clearly expected a more coherent answer than he got. Brown really did waffle on about Millwall and Bolton as an MP would if they were trying to avoid the question because they didn't have a proper answer.

Yes it is nitpicking really but he did make himself look a bit of a tit.

Back
Top Bottom