“and that’s my fault”

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bongleblade

Reaction score
One line from Jurgen Klopp’s post-defeat interview that really stood out.

has Wilder once said something along these lines this season?

It feels like it’s always been about the league, the opposition, the players.

Could be viewed as a major flaw in a manager, self-reflection is a huge part of the job

I did think that also, but after a 68 match unbeaten home run it’s easy to hold your hands up and accept the blame I suppose.

You’d think Wilder had enough credit in the bank to do something similar earlier in the season but now it’s too late, he’d be admitting he’s balls up all season and failed to recognise it until half the season had been played.

They could have lost at home to one of the other teams except they pick one that affects us. Typical Klopp sticking it to CW and not even knowing it :)

Could have done with our lot hearing the same thing about 10 games ago.

Klopp makes a great point about the difference in ability being decision making. Stick a ball at Ravel Morrison's feet and he could provide some dazzling skills but making the right decision on and off the field is something he doesn't learn from and is why he doesn't have a club.

That's all it is for us, bad decision making and most importantly learning from the mistakes which we just don't do. Does the convoluted system we play empower decision making off their own back or do the players simply follow orders and when it goes wrong just turn around and say "I was doing as I was told", when they might not be getting told to do the right thing in the first place from the manager.

That also being from a manager who it appears is unable to instill any confidence in his team, another thing Klopp said was his responsibility. Our team of "League One and Championship" footballers clearly have none of that. Some of the public dressing downs might be water under the bridge as far as Wilder is concerned but the players won't have forgotten some of this.

If Klopp and Wilder weren't on such bad terms, they could do worse than have him come in and speak to them, he's achieved more than any of our lot will.

Klopp is a mardy cunt, and long overdue he humbled himself a bit.
But yes, would've been nice to see Chris hold his hands up at times this season rather than blaming 'individual errors'. We know you aren't the individual in question Chris, no manager is, but you are the one who selected the individuals.

There's a few obvious ones, but one stands out above all else for me. He should 100% have held his hands up with the Jags sub against Man United. Absolutely killed us when we were winning at the time.

Klopp is a mardy cunt, and long overdue he humbled himself a bit.
But yes, would've been nice to see Chris hold his hands up at times this season rather than blaming 'individual errors'. We know you aren't the individual in question Chris, no manager is, but you are the one who selected the individuals.

There's a few obvious ones, but one stands out above all else for me. He should 100% have held his hands up with the Jags sub against Man United. Absolutely killed us when we were winning at the time.

All good points. For me, CW is and always has had something of a bombastic personality. Great when you are winning and successful, not so great when things are going sideways.

I've criticised Klopp for his attitude and interviews this season but I think that's good management.

If you lay into players after that it can be counterproductive after such a good run.

Demanding high standards is fine but you can't lay into people every time it's not forthcoming.

I've criticised Klopp for his attitude and interviews this season but I think that's good management.

If you lay into players after that it can be counterproductive after such a good run.

Demanding high standards is fine but you can't lay into people every time it's not forthcoming.
I think Chris has laid into the lads a bit too often to be honest. It's alright for us to be pissed off and angry as fans, but particularly against Hull and Leicester he was scathing in the media. Alright they were terrible performances, but you're really putting your future on a knife edge when you attack your own squad like that.

He's lost all his credibility with trying that tactic in the PL now though, because he just keeps bringing the 'how can we compete' 'multi million pound players' 'massive club, facilities etc' excuses out. Doesn't wash with me.

Very clever interview. Said it was his fault and then spoke a lot about players making bad decisions.

Wilder has definitely referred to himself and his staff making mistakes this season. The problem people have is that he normally does it after the other excuses alluded to above.

Back
Top Bottom