Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. happyhippy

F.T.A.O. of staff at BDTBL

Couldn't agree more, though I did always have to giggle when the injury time announcement was "brought to us by East Midlands Airport". All half-time "entertainment" is utter tosh. Always has been, always will be. Thank God(TM) you can get 'beer' these days. ---------- Post added at 10:41...
  2. happyhippy

Charlie Webster in The Star

She used to do "Star Sports", which is the Asian sporting arm of the Austramerkin's empire.
  3. happyhippy

The myth of Sheffield football

My head agrees with you; my heart couldn't be further away ;)
  4. happyhippy

Luvly Jubly.......................Andy Reid!

Good news. Whilever he's here, it's good news.
  5. happyhippy

A New Era ?

I think in most ways, you're right with that, but there is a crucial difference. If/when Wigan tumble, their 'fans' won't give a monkey's. They hadn't had a League side for donkey's years - I *think* Wigan Borough were once a League side way back when - before 1978. Gates were terrible too...
  6. happyhippy

Knob on the telly!!

My sentiments entirely. I was at Vale that day as well, and I have never seen as much anger from a set of fans in my life before or since. I was trying to explain what we feel about that violent bastard to a QPR fan a couple of years ago, and I had to stop. The rage was still there, and rising...
  7. happyhippy

What now?

Might that not be more to do with the World Cup bid? Sheffield FC are on tour there next week as well, for that reason.
  8. happyhippy

Were in your opinion

Allowing Warnock to go was the first mistake. OK, OK, I can understand where people come from on the "he was a greedy bastard" bit, and nope, the likes of Shelton, Davis and others weren't our greatest signings. I'm not even going to try and defend them. In the case of Davis, please excuse the...
  9. happyhippy

What now?

That's SEB in particular gone into apoplexy then :D
  10. happyhippy

BB a Grandad

Nice one BB! Some good news at last :D
  11. happyhippy

Rallying Cry

Bally good rally! Well said sir!
  12. happyhippy

Ground sharing?

Couldn't agree more. Well, they're considering venues which aren't even built yet, so the fact that Hellsbore effectively isn't built yet won't make a blind bit of difference to Dave Richards.
  13. happyhippy

This will warm the cockles of your heart

Who cares? We did it :D I know what you mean though. I was 15, and relatively sober (I wasn't later that day!), and I don't remember that either. Leicestershire has a long tradition of fox hunting, the Quorn Hunt being one of the oldest in the country. I do hope so!
  14. happyhippy

donny match on telly or mate's wedding?

I said in no uncertain terms when the now Hell sent bitch's father got married (the last time round) that I was going to watch Harlequins at Rotherham instead. It was also a day when United were at home too (5-3 v Cardiff). I tuned up eventually, absolutely hammered with no other request than to...
  15. happyhippy

How long have you been watching United

First match January 1978. Can't remember a thing, aside from my feet getting warmer at half-time ....
  16. happyhippy

More Quality Beer - and a footy challenge to our forum.

That gnome was a real babe magnet :D
  17. happyhippy

It nearly got to 'magic carpet' last time :D
  18. happyhippy

Looks like I've been voted in already! It should be a bit smoother this time, as we know a bit more about what we're doing. We must go to ANDERTON though!
  19. happyhippy

Flashing Blade

It's still sold in the newsagents on Shoreham Street behind the Kop.
  20. happyhippy

Favourite Goalies

One of the barmaids in the Old Mother Redcap in times of yore used to go out with him. Only ever saw him play once (I think). A 3-3 draw in the Anglo-Italian Cup v Ancona. He was crap that night.
  21. happyhippy

Flashing Blade

I used to know Matthew Bell quite well, and he 'announced' several years ago that he, Kev and the rest were "too old to hang around outside selling, and the pubs are open too", or words to that effect. I've got loads of old copies scattered around, so I'll have a scout about too. I seem to...
  22. happyhippy

Favourite Goalies

I'm disappointed that nobody has mentioned John Pemberton v Liverpool as cover when Tracey was injured (I thought he did OK actually), or Roger Nilsen on possibly more than one occasion, but the one which sticks in my mind was a home match v Norwich, when we somehow lost 3-2, in a match where we...
  23. happyhippy

New Blade in the world

Nothing like bringing a beautiful baby into the world ....... of complete and utter disappointment which is Sheffield United! LONG LIVE THE NEW BLADE!
  24. happyhippy

Hendrie: "Blackwell destroyed my confidence"

I actually really hoped that he'd be exciting for us. Absolutely nobody was ever going to shine under Sornob though, and he didn't. That era was just a point in time which set us back so far, it's hardly believable. Hendrie was never going to get a chance under Blackwell, but really I just...
  25. happyhippy

Appeal - Rehome a kitty

I'm guessing that it was closed as we are quite strict about using the rehoming template, but as a Mod, I can't do anything in the Groups, as they're sort of 'autonomous'. I'll have a look to see what I can do to help ;)
  26. happyhippy

Appeal - Rehome a kitty

If you want to use SF, please use the rehoming template in the Pet Owners Group. We don't host any 'adverts' for live animals anywhere else. This is the link to advertise the wee thing to people who might like one.
  27. happyhippy

What kind of a blade are you???

Jordan Stewart out and Eddie Jordan in would have been strengthening ....
  28. happyhippy

Help please

They were stitched over the Hibs badge (to start with, for definite), despite the colour of the coats being maroon and black. The coat which I've worn almost continuously for the last ten years plus is one of the very few ones which has the United badge sewn in and the "Wards" logo underneath...
  29. happyhippy

Best/worst - A Friday afternoon game

Best - Liverpool (H), Boxing Day 1993 - 0-0. A beautiful, crisp (but not freezing) and sunny afternoon, with the gentlest of breezes. Just a shame that Flo and Whitehouse cocked the day up with the softest of soft offside goals, as witnessed from the opposite end of the ground on the John Street...
  30. happyhippy

Your current favourite player?

I said "Souness type", not making a direct comparison of their relative abilities ;)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom