Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Selly

'I played for both' ⚽️ Blades vs Burnley

Lee Baxter (He may as well have)
  2. Selly

CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

So, in the unlikely* event that we do a West ham and win 7 of our last 9 and stay up, does the -2 apply to us in the PL??? *It's genuinely more likely that we don't win any of our remaining games, I'm not considering this as a serious possibility
  3. Selly

What would have happened if we didn't go up?

Possibly because we'd have been in administration with someone having bought us for £1. This is not necessarily a good thing (in fact we would quite possibly be on the way to L1)
  4. Selly

Pretend we're rich. Would you risk -6 pts to buy a load of proven Prem quality players?

Unlike the current system where basically only 4 clubs have even a chance of winning silverware? At least it would promote competition. To be clear, I don`t like either situation - but unless you implement something like a Wage Cap - I don`t see how you put the genie back in teh bottle that is...
  5. Selly

Song for kick off time until Arsenal score

Let's not encourage our players, they'll do a hamstring...
  6. Selly

Song for kick off time until Arsenal score

Are there lyrics to the minute waltz?
  7. Selly

Pretend we're rich. Would you risk -6 pts to buy a load of proven Prem quality players?

The problem is that 30 years ago you could be a Jack Walker and spend that shitload of cash and buy your way to a title. Now a Jack Walker probably could help get a club to the PL (although it would be tough coming up against Parachute payment teams) - probably couldn`t keep them there.
  8. Selly

The last two seasons Everton have survived by 2 and 4 points respectively. They might be a lot better (so far) this year*, and therefore 10 points isn't as risky, but if you apply the punishment to the years in which they benefitted, they should have been relegated. Leeds and Leicester** have...
  9. Selly

The dreaded Premier league next season

Given their current position, they may not get the opportunity...
  10. Selly

Silly Tackles From Silly People

I don`t know if you are too young, bacon in disguise, or taking the mick, but of all the Gareth Ainsworth tackles to mention the above (which wasn`t even by Ainsworth*) is not the one any on here would pick *You are, a brief Wikipedia journey informs me, thinking of Gary Bennett
  11. Selly

Madine against Brentford in the Championship Promotion season Sharp against Southampton in the good PL season
  12. Selly

One for the opposition - David Platt for Forest in 1999 - we had come back from 1-0 down to lead 2-1 (Martyn Smith with both???) - and in the last minute Platt just lost it and went through one of our players at knee height. I have a hazy recollection they were already down to 10 men. Cant...
  13. Selly

BladesPod - latest episodes

Great pod. That Villa game where he got both goals, might not have been our best performance that season, but it wasn't far off - and Fleck was at the centre of everything. By far my favourite performance of that season (partly assisted by Grealish missing the penalty)
  14. Selly

An 11 to get a result at Luton..

Whatever 11 we put out at luton will "get a result" it just might not be a very good result...
  15. Selly

VAR Vote

I'll bet they haven`t - I'd love to see the precise wording and context of the questions asked - I'll bet it included Goal Line Tech (which, despite our history with it, I don`t think anyone would argue we should get rid of) and had some horrendous questions prior to it to sway the answer.. A...
  16. Selly

Betting Tip v Villa

Sigh. I don't like being right...
  17. Selly

Betting Tip v Villa

The optimism here that we only conceded 0 or 1 goals is astounding...
  18. Selly

Hands behind the back defending?

The irony being of course that you should only concede a penalty if your hands are in an unnatural position. Nothing looks more unnatural than the above...
  19. Selly

Everton FFP

Oh absolutely, especially when Man C and Chelsea are sat there with huge numbers of (admittedly historic) charges yet to be ruled on. Problem is, there's always a first club to get hammered when the rules change - and the rules have changed this year to ensure that points deductions are applied...
  20. Selly

Everton & Forest Points Deduction - Can Sheffield United Survive?

The "but we sold Johnson" mitigation needs to be thrown out with the trash. The accounting periods are clear and unambiguous. Plus the argument is effectively "we could have sold him but chose not to because we wanted to stay up" - precisely the point - you overspent with an express intention to...
  21. Selly

Why would Premier League punish Forest for being big club again?

The problem with the bit i have bolded (and I largely agree with you) is that you end up in a cycle of boom or bust. And even in a boom year, a bust year follows (as we are seeing this year). Fail to get promoted and the whole club is at risk (unless you do it like we have and simply bank the...
  22. Selly

4th Round Draw

I believe the clubs have an agreement to alternate who moves their game in these scenarios. Anyone know when we were last both drawn at home and who moved?
  23. Selly

The issue for me was, for an impartial journalist, he let his West ham supporting colours come through. And in doing so started throwing mud at the wronged party via the "Steve Kabba" argument etc. Conveniently forgetting that his club did some thing wrong, lied repeatedly about it, and then...
  24. Selly

But they aren`t worried enough yet to actually address the cause of the lack of competition, which is not promoted being fiscally responsible, but rather clubs higher up the league - using their size to stockpile all the young talent in the country, - outspending every other team in an...
  25. Selly

Weather

This is the "river" Avon just north of Tewkesbury this morning...
  26. Selly

If we went up 02-03 season...

Both Birmingham and Villa have won Major trophies in the last 25 years.
  27. Selly

Referee

It isn`t because there is "less at stake" its because there is less likelihood of the media turning an incorrect decision into a witch hunt in Blades v Luton than in Man U v Liverpool. And I suspect that that would be the case even if Blades and Luton were in the Top 6 of the table and Man U...
  28. Selly

Six of the Bizarre - The most bizarre performances I have seen at The Lane

I maintain that Maguire should have let him go through. That sending off left us so short at the back we had to play (emergency loan?) John Egan against Walsall the following midweek - and promptly conceded 3 really ropey goals. Had Maguire played we may have got at least a point, possibly all 3.
  29. Selly

Referee

It doesn`t feel right when you think it through does it: Its your first game So we'll give you a game that is less in the spotlight But why is this? they are good enough, so they should be able to ref any game. But the reality is, that they will want to ease them in away from the spotlight...
  30. Selly

Uriah Rennie - Can't believe it's been 15 years!

Doesn`t seem to stop them for the current crop of refs. White, black, pink or blue.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom