Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Dkc

Match Thread Brentford v. Sheffield United - 13th April 2024

We'll need to score four or five to win it
  2. Dkc

Premier league Records

Completely random 'record' in my opinion. The club has been in existance for 133 years, and has been mostly in the top flight. During this time, the top flight has changed its name twice, changed the number of teams more than once, and undergone several structural reorganizations including...
  3. Dkc

Our fans today

Shame on you for going on holiday
  4. Dkc

Wilder rock bottom

My girlfriend prefers his rugged good looks to Hecky's boyish charm.
  5. Dkc

What if we stayed up?

I must admit that when our 4th goal went in I did check the other scores. We would have been five points off safety with a game in hand. It's not the despair that kills you, it's the hope.
  6. Dkc

What if we stayed up?

If we were a normal team you'd expect us to potentially take points from home games v Burnley, Forest and maybe Chelsea / Spurs and away games v Brentford and Everton.
  7. Dkc

What if we stayed up?

Edit: with a game in hand.
  8. Dkc

What if we stayed up?

If we beat Fulham we could be 5 points off safety with 9 to play.
  9. Dkc

Cricket at the lane...

Looks like it had more seats than most cricket pavillions of the time. I can't remember all those exterior seats being there after the South Stand was built, pre-demolition
  10. Dkc

Cricket at the lane...

We should have definitely kept the pavillion. Wasn't in use for some time after the South Stand opened? Supporters' club bar? I remember it sat there a few years looking in a bad way before finally being demolished.
  11. Dkc

Cricket at the lane...

We had our record attendance of 65k pre-south stand and pre BL stand too. Basically the Lane was a cricket oval with seats on the John St side and a pavillion on the Cherry St side. The kop terracing had a roof, but that was it. I think temporary stands might have been erected for some games...
  12. Dkc

Forest deducted four points

Different caps for different leagues of course. You're right, the rich / successful clubs will never agree to effectively leveling the playing field. They'd say 'The EPL is such a successful product because the world's best players come here. A salary cap would mean that they will go elsewhere...
  13. Dkc

Bettis radio sheff tomorrow

Fair play to Bettis for going on R-Sheff to answer questions
  14. Dkc

Bettis radio sheff tomorrow

What happened to all the flags that used to be on the kop?
  15. Dkc

MOTD

Pisses me off seeing the newspaper reports saying 'Burnley gave their survival hopes a huge boost...' - while we, with our near-identical record - are doomed apparently.
  16. Dkc

Wilder meeting with Prince.

Still wouldn't be half way round the world. It would be under a quarter of the way round the world, and back. Anyway, how far it is isn't important. More pressing is whether Wilder will be able to get a pint over there.
  17. Dkc

Wilder meeting with Prince.

Is it really half way round the world though? I'd say under a quarter (unless it's LA)
  18. Dkc

Blades at Bournemouth Betting

Fully intend to next time I run into him
  19. Dkc

Blades at Bournemouth Betting

I put a small amount on a Blades win and stood to win 50 quid if we'd hung on.
  20. Dkc

Complete this sentence

Rim PA
  21. Dkc

CONFIRMED HSBC Sports Ground - New first team training centre

There are also big plans to transform the Meadowhead sports ground into a modern football facility with a 5000 capacity stadium for Sheffield FC. Can't help wondering whether these two projects could have been combined in some way, giving us a small stadium for the women's team and academy...
  22. Dkc

Surprised that the plan is to keep Shirecliffe. I wonder where the money's coming from. Elsewhere we're talking about sacking tea ladies to make ends meet. Presumably, as others have said, the cost of the site is added on to the price of the club when PA finds a buyer. There will also be major...
  23. Dkc

The carnage on the pitch...

So what's happening now?
  24. Dkc

All taken from the Times article posted elsewhere. Hecky's long gone, Sander's long gone. Doesn't really give an insight into what's hapening now...
  25. Dkc

They sent me and a bunch of other lads on community service orders up there in the 80s. I remember it was a nice sunny day and we were supposed to do gardening, but just lay around sunbathing and smoking. One lad was given a tin of white paint and told to paint the men's bogs, and he began with...
  26. Dkc

Would Shirecliffe be worth much and could it be sold for housing?
  27. Dkc

What 'certain promises'? They knew that they were conming to a struggling club with sub-standard training facilities that was going to be in a relegation battle. Anything financial (appearance money, bonuses etc) will feature in their contracts, and if we breach them we'll be subject to a legal...
  28. Dkc

Wilder Out ?

Easy to sack the manager. More difficult to change what's happening on the field. We've had five league games (I think) where we've lost by three goals or more. In the others we've been competitive, and even avoided defeat in seven of them. That's a start. Basically Wilder's been in charge for...
  29. Dkc

United 0 Arsenal 6 - No match report

We've put in some decent performances this season, the latest being a week ago. But we've also been on the receiving end of more big losses than I can remember in 45 seasons of watching the Blades. 8-0 Newcastle home, 5-0 Arsenal and Burnley away, 5-2 and 5-0 (FAC) Brighton home, 5-0 Villa home...
  30. Dkc

Basham interview

Sounds like he'll be lucky to be fully fit by late next season, but I could see him playing at a lower level until he's 40 or older. Sadly barring a miracle he won't play in the PL again.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom