Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. jt64

Jebbison Mystery

Why the fuck would we want to loan them out to league one when we have done that with both of them already? If you don't think they'll ever be good enough, fine, sell them rather than further hinder their careers by thinking they're tradesmen than need to do an apprenticeship before they get set...
  2. jt64

Vini Souza

Christ, while employing Moneyball style strategies is exactly what we should be doing, it would create shoes/car park situations pretty quickly
  3. jt64

Jebbison Mystery

They are going to get a massive amount of chances if we do given the level of creativity and quality I would expect us to have in midfield. Unless you literally think their finishing abilities are such that we can label them Conor Sammon 2.0 and 3.0 respectively, you're being ridiculous.
  4. jt64

Player Suggestion Tom Bradshaw

If a rumour mill thread was started ten years ago and it is still active, I assume one of three things: either the guy's done something stupid and is in prison, it's a Dan Burn/Sam Morsy level of legendary thread, or someone's bumped it with a ridiculous suggestion. This is an example of the...
  5. jt64

Sydie Peck

Would not loan him anywhere full stop unless we keep Souza and also bring in multiple experienced midfielders
  6. jt64

Lundstram

To which his point would be "meh, same as down here"
  7. jt64

Summer transfers - Wilder and Knill

One can only pray this isn't the case, although to some degree it will be the case
  8. jt64

Player Suggestion Anwar El Ghazi

Another one that depends on short term goals of the club. As a one year stop gap if the aim is immediate promotion back? Don't see why not, can probably do a job at next season's level. If he's wanting a longer term deal, or if we're planning a longer term climb back to the PL? Then it's a hard...
  9. jt64

Incoming? Charlie Cresswell

Not seen the kid play but fits the sort of move I'd like to see us make
  10. jt64

What would you realistically be happy with next season?

I mean longer term you're absolutely right, the second we stop having the ambition to play at the highest level possible is the second I sack the club off, but I think you need to be a bit pragmatic and recognise that one way or another it's going to be somewhat of a transitional season - we've...
  11. jt64

A message to Brentford fans

How much should a well run Premier League club in a premium location with a brand new stadium and decent enough set of players sell for then?
  12. jt64

Ollie Watkins

We probably were, but I guess someone on the forum posted something like "not proven in Championship" and Wilder read it then moved on :)
  13. jt64

Incoming? Ashley Phillips

It's OK, it's just another post from someone in our fan base who puts a -50% minimum valuation on all of our players because he can't step back from being a fan of a struggling team and assess players rationally and/or hasn't actually noticed what clubs outside of SUFC pay for players these...
  14. jt64

Outgoing? Grbic

While I've clearly been nowhere near his biggest critic on here, if we can cash out for approximating what we paid for him then I think that's probably the best move for both parties
  15. jt64

Player Suggestion Viktor Johansson

There is nothing prevent Rotherham from doing so if a club is idiotic enough to bid more than the release clause. I also am struggling to see how Johanssen could ever benefit from such lunacy, any money spent to Rotherham in excess of the release clause is money that could otherwise go on his wages
  16. jt64

I know. The people saying they'd be happy with just avoiding relegation, that aren't being tongue in cheek, are out of their minds
  17. jt64

A question that has to be asked. But what the answer is, is anybody s guess

I'm sure if you had a car that was worth five grand you wanted rid of, and the best offer you had was three grand take it or leave it, you're taking it, right?
  18. jt64

Grbic

Probably because nobody else is open. Probably same reason why Grbic keeps booting it into touch, someone's probably said to him after the Nunes thing "if in doubt put it out" like it's 1975 again and he's taking it extremely literally when, again, no fucker is open
  19. jt64

Not bringing in any "experienced" "big" "leaders", trusting the youth we have, and finishing 21st or higher
  20. jt64

What the stats say (vs Brentford)

That's probably because we are shit at tackling
  21. jt64

Just for comparison as this is for the season after West Brom signed him. On a free transfer. While in receipt of parachute payments. How dare a high end Championship team pay a high end Championship player what would not unreasonably be regarded as high end Championship wages
  22. jt64

Player Suggestion Jacob Greaves

Probably another one where if we'd bought him when first suggested it'd have worked out just fine
  23. jt64

Vini Souza

If other teams did that, we would never sell a player ever
  24. jt64

What the stats say (vs Brentford)

He was a very good defender in the Championship, which is why we bought him in the first place
  25. jt64

New ground

It is actually entirely possible that Oxford might move out of the Manor Ground, gone non-league, got back into the league, and then moved to an entire new ground since we last did anything to the Kop
  26. jt64

Grbic

Wait a minute. Are you trying to tell me everybody's dead?
  27. jt64

Dele Alli?

The exact opposite of what we should be doing
  28. jt64

If he has a release clause, which it is widely believed to be the case, there is no bidding war, it then comes down to who offers the best terms. Same sort of thing for sure, but it is not as if another club can just say to Rotherham they'll pay twice as much in transfer fee and that'll get it...
  29. jt64

New ground

By my count at least 25 clubs in the league have got entire new stadia since the Kop last had anything done to it, and that's excluding the likes of Blackpool, Notts County etc who have had for all intents and purposes a new rebuild on the same site
  30. jt64

Loans for next season

While I get what you are saying, this seems like an overly negative approach against the loan system, what it can do for you is gain access to players you would never be able to get on a permanent deal, often at very good value for money as to what you are laying out. Obviously you'd ideally...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom