Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. CaptainMorgans

McBurnie and Jebbo future

I presume you're making a point toward my earlier comments. This is completely different. You're not daft, you know it is too. FWIW, completely off topic, I think Southgate has done a really solid job as England manager & we've taken strides under him each tournament (even if we went out a...
  2. CaptainMorgans

Nothing would surprise me Flatulent_Bob . It all seems very two-bob, tinpot behind the scenes. To answer your question, no - I don't believe it's the truth. But it presents as amateur.
  3. CaptainMorgans

Do they realise how amateur that sounds? We've had to pause contract negotiations whilst we focus on survival... How many employees do we have working at the club?
  4. CaptainMorgans

CONFIRMED HSBC Sports Ground - New first team training centre

The timing is off. We haven't seen any plans, we don't know if we have any planning permissions and it doesn't sound like we've actually purchased it (yet). It has the feeling of a rushed attempt to distract from bad press. A proper build will cost 10s of millions and he doesn't have it. So...
  5. CaptainMorgans

Pressing

Whereas last season, the high press was what won us so many games. Berge & Ndiaye integral to that style of play. Who knew selling your best players upon promotion to the toughest league in the world, on the eve of the season, would turn you to shit... everyone. Including the management &...
  6. CaptainMorgans

Car Park Protest - Saturday 4.30pm

Put Yusuf front & centre and advised we wouldn't be hearing from him anymore. Then, when the tide turned under good management, he made a return. Singing & dancing about what a great job he was doing on various fan podcasts.
  7. CaptainMorgans

Our club leaks like a sieve. £115m was the widely quoted price. Leaked in articles re: 777, then Dozy. It wasn't dreamed up by fans. Most were shocked by the number when it became public knowledge.
  8. CaptainMorgans

Prince Abdullah - Best Owner Eva

I didn't even realise the error. Ffs. Lord Eddard Muir see above.
  9. CaptainMorgans

I think it's the ridiculous profit he's looking to make that's preventing the sale going through and the incompetence of his ownership undermining different managers that is the problem. Aside from all that, the cowardly way he ran for the hills when things turned bad and the weaselly-way he...
  10. CaptainMorgans

Prince Abdullah - Best Owner Eva

https://archive.is/jWMVN Interesting article in The Times today. An important read for anybody still defending him and his team.
  11. CaptainMorgans

Ben White £50m

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68437892 I read an interview with the (much criticised) Crystal Palace owner recently, link above. Most relevant and interesting section below. I'm not a huge fan of American Football as a spectacle, but have always appreciated the model which keeps it...
  12. CaptainMorgans

Incoming? Bobby Firmino

Come on mate, we're in the Premier League. Firminio is an elite athlete. Of course he sees his future here. If you think otherwise, you're a Sheffield United hating fanny...
  13. CaptainMorgans

Anthony Patterson

I'd disagree with "no knowledge." No "inside knowledge," yes. But I'd hazard a guess that a guy that's just signed a 5 year deal at his boyhood club is probably quite settled where he is... that's applying logic. But yes, it's guesswork. It all is. But you saying that I "hate Sheffield United"...
  14. CaptainMorgans

Anthony Patterson

Why would he jump ship on the basis that (1) they get promoted to the PL and (2) they then dump him for better? He's established himself as their No.1 keeper and have given him a 5 year deal. A vote of confidence. Sure, it could change but you wouldn't change your life on such uncertain...
  15. CaptainMorgans

The Prince interview part 1

Had McCabe had won, we'd have been sold to the owners of Burnley.
  16. CaptainMorgans

Anthony Patterson

Let's have it right, Sunderland have a better chance of being in the PL next season than us. They're a bigger club than us, he's a local lad and he's just signed a long term deal with them. Why would he swap all that for a few months playing PL football? That's not me being negative, it's the...
  17. CaptainMorgans

Anthony Patterson

So you were pleasantly surprised too then? Guess that makes us both pessimists... 🙃
  18. CaptainMorgans

Anthony Patterson

Witty.
  19. CaptainMorgans

Anthony Patterson

I'm not sure what age or generation you think I'm from, but I can assure you we weren't successful when I started... and we're still not. No, I do not. Quite clearly, if you actually follow my posts. Try offering an opposing opinion rather than this boring "you're not as big a Blade as I am"...
  20. CaptainMorgans

Anthony Patterson

I doubt it. He's from the North East and there's little reason why we'd be a better prospect than Sunderland for him moving forwards (let alone Leicester or Leeds). Good keeper though, great age. Exactly the sort I'd like us to sign if we weren't skint.
  21. CaptainMorgans

CONFIRMED Sam Curtis signs for the Blades

I like the look of him. Seems to have a lot of defensive aggression and very confident and direct with his running. Presumably doesn't have the end product of someone like Bogle or it'd be all over his highlights vid. It's the type of signing I really like United making, provided it's in...
  22. CaptainMorgans

David Brooks

I think Leeds & Southampton are supposedly in for him. A better move, given we already have McAtee on loan in a similar position. Those teams will also see a lot more of the ball and give him a better platform to display his attacking talent.
  23. CaptainMorgans

Alan Nixon Thread

He gets a lot of flack and I get it, but Nixon is by far the most ITK reporter on us. He's had an inside scoop on us for some time and regularly is first to our news stories. He does post out a lot of vague stuff on Twitter, but that's largely to keep engagement going on his page. It pays to...
  24. CaptainMorgans

CONFIRMED Benie Traore leaves on Loan

Sounds like it was £12m for Berge & £14m for Ndiaye but with an extra £6m in potential add-ons to take it to £20m. I thought we'd done a bit better on Berge (£15m). The Ndiaye deal was shocking. We let him and Marseille call all the shots. Pathetic bit of business by the men in charge, but I...
  25. CaptainMorgans

Roy's View From... View From Man City

I saw footage from the Champions League final celebrations. As tame as you're ever going to see from any club winning major silverware. They've become embarrassing.
  26. CaptainMorgans

CONFIRMED Oliver Arblaster signs a new contract

I don't understand your logic. Would throwing you into a boxing ring with Tyson Fury make you a better fighter?
  27. CaptainMorgans

Player Suggestion Viktor Johansson

He's been out almost two years. It takes a long time to recover from that sort of lay off. The PL is the most physically demanding in the World. RND would have to be at the peak of his powers to be up to it. Odds are stacked against him this season.
  28. CaptainMorgans

The Prince interview part 1

Tallies with what we already knew. £20m NET transfer spend had us about breaking even on the PL money this season. Hence, there's nothing left. If we go down, we're loss making without sales. So of course, any spend in January would need to be recovered. I'd rather we kept it in our pockets...
  29. CaptainMorgans

CONFIRMED Oliver Arblaster signs a new contract

I don't think this is best for Oli's development but, as usual, needs must due to a lack of proper investment in the playing squad. Jebbison, Osula and probably more that I'm forgetting have had similar development issues.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom