Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Patrick Suffaux

Thats me done for the season

Yesterday was the worst yet and has left me feeling really tuned out and unsympathetic to the players. It’s one thing not being good enough, it’s another giving up and feeling sorry for yourselves, which they seemed to yesterday and I have no time for it. I understand that poor form and lack of...
  2. Patrick Suffaux

Wilder

I was indifferent to Wilder coming back. Thought he made a right mess of things towards the end of his first spell, both in terms of recruitment decisions and his relationship with the club hierarchy. However….and this is coming from someone who always tries to call things as I see them...
  3. Patrick Suffaux

This Squad is Good Enough

They’re miles off it and have been all season. Saturday was as telling as any other game we’ve been well beaten in. The only way we can create any chance of scoring is to commit players forward and overload target areas. As soon as we do that we are overrun by much more athletic and much more...
  4. Patrick Suffaux

CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

Sad as I am to see Iliman go I wish him all the best. As long as he’s happy then he’s done the right thing. Given the way he’s played and trained pre season and the fact that we got so close to a new contract, it would appear to me that the agent and those around him have been somewhat involved...
  5. Patrick Suffaux

Hecky- better than wilder?

Difficult comparison. Picked United up in different situations. Wilder had a poorer squad with less expectation, Hecky had a much better squad (that was under delivering) but with much more expectation. I think they both had a difficult job. Personally I think Hecky will prove to be the more...
  6. Patrick Suffaux

Gone Elsewhere Conor Coady

He’s a regular PL starter and gets into the England squad. £7.5m is nothing for a player of his level.
  7. Patrick Suffaux

CONFIRMED Mason Holgate

I said similar in a conversation recently. Just hope we can get RND back asap.
  8. Patrick Suffaux

Player Suggestion WBA firesale

Agreed he’s rubbish they don’t need him.
  9. Patrick Suffaux

CONFIRMED Mason Holgate

You need to let this go and agree to disagree 😄 He played for West Brom a long while ago and has playing the PL for multiple seasons since. So yes I’m sure.
  10. Patrick Suffaux

It’s not though is it :) We also went up and we pasted them at Bramall Lane. I think there’s a more compelling reason to look at our players if recruiting for a PL season. Just an opinion but one that surely stacks up as logical.
  11. Patrick Suffaux

CONFIRMED Mason Holgate

I’ve always liked Holgate so I would go for this. Good player. Seems an add area of the pitch to be recruiting in though. Can only mean that there is a plan to play Anel in the centre of the three longer term.
  12. Patrick Suffaux

Ones that have been stuck in the Championship through to their prime and since breaking into senior football aren’t the answer. .
  13. Patrick Suffaux

Spurs have elite level players and Kane is an England international. We also beat them once, in the cup. Don’t be silly.
  14. Patrick Suffaux

Hey maybe you’re right pal. I know he was linked with us before and maybe he would be a good addition. Maybe any one of them could be if they have something we don’t already have. A skill set or an attribute we’re lacking. The inference though was that we should be looking at FIVE of their...
  15. Patrick Suffaux

Didn’t say that did I? This is proof that the written word can be misused even more so than data. Both can support any argument or even counter argument. What I am saying is that West Brom’s team isn’t the answer for focused recruitment. The OP named five of their players. I sincerely hope our...
  16. Patrick Suffaux

Yet he’s still in the Championship! At 28. PL ready. Everyone is clutching. Let’s just see who we sign. My opinion is that half of West Brom’s starting lineup isn’t the answer but we’re all entitled opinions though aren’t we.
  17. Patrick Suffaux

It doesn’t make them a good one either
  18. Patrick Suffaux

We have no idea what pond we’re fishing in. Could be PL breakthrough players in the fringes, could be overseas and yes could be the Championship. My belief however is that anyone that doesn’t improve us shouldn’t be signed, even if it means going back down. No sense in wasting money. West Brom...
  19. Patrick Suffaux

I don’t know where you’re going with that tbh
  20. Patrick Suffaux

Other than Ajayi no thanks. He looked useful against us. Big lad, good recovery pace. Other than that why? They finished outside the playoffs and we beat them twice. How would any of their players improve us?
  21. Patrick Suffaux

Gone Elsewhere Andrew Omobamidele

I love it when we keep tabs 😊 we never buy them but we keep tabs on them
  22. Patrick Suffaux

BladesPod - latest episodes

They’re both good teams but Andrew’s lime green XI is a sexy lineup I think that would win. Super Vas dribbling and checking back with 14 Cruyff turns before crossing whilst Jags covers him 😍 I enjoy the pod chaps, listen to every one. Nice for an exile like myself while I’m out and about.
  23. Patrick Suffaux

Retained List

The King of Ping stays! FYI I’m also a Bristol Blade.
  24. Patrick Suffaux

Player Suggestion Out of contract championship players

This is a great idea. After that let’s see what it would take to get Casemiro from Man U.
  25. Patrick Suffaux

Player Suggestion Ryan Manning

One I’ve mentioned in a couple of conversations. Good player, really like him and can play 2 or 3 positions down that left side a la Osborn. If he’s available on a free we should definitely have a word.
  26. Patrick Suffaux

Realistic targets for next season.

Ryan Manning at Swansea (Permanent) and Cameron Archer from Villa (On Loan) Aside from that I think Doyle and McAtee are likely not beyond our means but one would have to be on a permanent deal. Think both have become integral to us and I would rather have them back than look for replacements...
  27. Patrick Suffaux

Player Suggestion Premiership Squad

I think we’ll have a similar spend to when we last went up (at most). Need to box clever and focus on the positions of greatest need and not worry about big marquee impact players. We don’t have the finance for that currently. Players that I think would help us that are realistically affordable...
  28. Patrick Suffaux

I don't think this transfer Window will completely satisfy the masses....

If we have good players in the academy I would rather we gave them opportunities than sign players now, irrespective of what funds are (or aren’t) available. You just don’t get value for money often now. Most players in our own domestic league are overpriced at every level relatively speaking...
  29. Patrick Suffaux

Things we’ve learned from this transfer window

I don’t understand what it is about transfer windows and market forces that people don’t understand. If you set a deadline, the selling club will wait until they have replacements sorted or until the buying club is desperate and is willing to pay more. Thats why such a high number of deals go...
  30. Patrick Suffaux

Team for Huddersfield

Haha good spot. Corrected.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom