Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Slugger

How do you pick a team vs Burnley…

The thread title needs changed. We get annoyed when people lazily refer to us as "Sheffield" instead of "Sheffield United" so show a bit of respect and change the title to "How do you pick a team vs Vincent Kompany's Burnley..." Agree with giving Curtis a start.
  2. Slugger

Blades v Liverpool - Match Highlights

Top informed commentary!! re. Grbic ... "he's been good since he came in" 😆
  3. Slugger

Bournemouth optimise the Premier league

I honestly think they look at how players and crowd react and it influences their decision.
  4. Slugger

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Brighton

The only "self-obsessed tosspot" in this story is the lad who feels the need to share a nothing story on social media and make it all about him. "I made Chris Wilder storm off" 😄
  5. Slugger

They played for both!

Gordon Cowans class act
  6. Slugger

Sneaking out the back door

O'Connell, McGoldrick, Egan, Fleck, Norwood, McBurnie, Bogle, Henderson, Stevens were all good signings
  7. Slugger

Today's ref

Foul given against Hamer in the 1st half on our left wing about 20 yards out. Hamer backed out of challenge so as not to make contact, Brighton player collapsed to the ground and referee gives a free. Hamer was genuinely baffled re. the decision.
  8. Slugger

Wilder

Either 1. You're on the wind-up or 2. You don't watch the matches
  9. Slugger

Their third goal

We can continue moaning about referees (and yes that was woeful yesterday) but players must bear a lot of the responsibility for the poor decisions we see every week. With only 1 pair of eyes and the game being played at such a high pace it can't be easy when grown men are flinging themselves...
  10. Slugger

Why would Premier League punish Forest for being big club again?

Samuel's article on cycling from a few years ago: Why would Cycling Governing body punish Lance Armstrong for being big again? Now we wait. Where is Lance? Will he be stripped of his Tour victories for showing unacceptable ambition? The cycling? That’s just something we do for television...
  11. Slugger

MOTD2 Tonight

... with a 112th minute winner! :D
  12. Slugger

Robinson suspended?

Although a week ago many of us (myself included) were saying that Bogle couldn't defend and he's been immense last 2 games
  13. Slugger

I didn't want him back

Agree with that. Haven't felt that final whistle high for a while and I include the Wolves victory in that. This felt different. Every player played with pride and with direction and that is clearly down to the new management team. Bogle (who was great today) was frequently dragged out of...
  14. Slugger

I've an awful feeling....

Night and Day
  15. Slugger

I'm not sure if you're serious but I'll bite ... Against Liverpool we had a definite shape to the team and every player appeared to know their job in and out of possession. Even Brooks in his 1st Premier League start had been coached into where to be positionally in and out of possession and...
  16. Slugger

Anyone who can't see the stark difference between the "performances" against Bournemouth and Burnley and the one v Liverpool knows next to nowt about the game. Night and day.
  17. Slugger

Simon Hooper

Only possible reason for the 2nd goal standing is fear of a Scouser backlash as Nunez would have to get a 2nd yellow. Can't see any other reason why that's not ruled a foul.
  18. Slugger

Song for tomoz

To the tune of "No Pig fans in town" ... New Man a ger bounce New man, New man a ger bounce The Scouser's in town and they're 7-1 down ... I'll get me coat
  19. Slugger

McAtee - Does an opportunity arise?

I like McAtee but he hasn't the stamina for a full 90 minutes and fades badly in almost every game that he starts. He's played 47 league matches for us and managed to complete 90 minutes twice. Having said that he has to play as skillwise he's a cut above the alternatives
  20. Slugger

Match Thread Burnley v. Sheffield United - 2nd December 2023

McAtee much better as a sub. In his entire time with us he's managed 90 minutes in a league game ... Twice! o_O
  21. Slugger

Team v Burnley....

He may well be our most creative (only creative?) player but McAtee just doesn't have 90 minutes in him. In his entire time with us he's managed to complete 90 minutes in a league game a grand total of twice! (He was also shite v Bournemouth. I'd love to see the stats for how many times he lost...
  22. Slugger

Racism at the Bournemouth game?

Just when I thought nothing could be more embarrassing than yesterday's shambles.
  23. Slugger

Jack Robinson...

Not his only inch perfect tackle yesterday. He got booked for another one. I worry that opposition players are going to do all they can to convince the ref that Robbo also gets a bit of them. (as Trippier did) 10 years from now we could be watching a game where no one dares to slide tackle.
  24. Slugger

CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

What possible reason would we have to sell them to a Championship club?
  25. Slugger

Unreal today..

Can't believe that one wasn't given. The one that was given was very similar to Norwood's foul last week to give the Arsenal penalty
  26. Slugger

Match Thread West Ham United v. Sheffield United - 30th September 2023

I think we just have to trust Hecky regarding Trusty. Could be a lack of fitness. From what we saw of Davies last week we know the reason why he's not getting a start.
  27. Slugger

The new rule on handball🙈

So am I correct in saying that if Wes didn't save their 2nd handball yesterday then we would have won a free due to a disallowed goal? The fact that he did save it meant that they were awarded a corner which they scored from.
  28. Slugger

Early leavers

Nail on head there. The game nowadays is being reffed by pampered millionaires and they're being encouraged to cheat by most media commentators. Phrases like "He's won that penalty" (as if it's a diving competition to convince the ref) "He felt the contact and went to ground" "He invited...
  29. Slugger

An embarrassment

Agree the change made things worse. If we'd stayed with 3 centre backs and shut up shop we possibly could have stayed at 0-3. Hecky's big mistake was thinking that we had the players to push them back and maybe nick 1 to make it 1-3 and then maybe it's game on. Should he have accepted defeat...
  30. Slugger

Referee

... and that goalkeeping expert Shearer claimed that Wes could change his mind instantaneously and hit it long when it's obvious that from taking a short kick-out to taking a long one will take at least 10 seconds. To adjust correctly Wes would have to possibly replace the ball, then take 8...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom