Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. 1889

What would you realistically be happy with next season?

In footballing monetary terms, the development of facilities and infrastructure, will amount to signing a 32 year old centre half on a four year contract.
  2. 1889

What would you realistically be happy with next season?

I’d be happy to see the new training facilities completed and up and running, a Cat 1 Academy established at Shirecliffe and a top ten finish. I do not think we could possibly have a team capable of competing in the Premier league, in less than 4 to 5 years, without being taken over by some...
  3. 1889

Could this have made a difference to United's season?

I imagine that it’s pretty difficult to judge just how far to go, so many variables to consider? Unknown pre existing health issues of staff member, availability of Ambulances, quality of regional healthcare etc. Legal nightmare, I suppose you just learn to rely on a knee in the bollocks to get...
  4. 1889

A question that has to be asked. But what the answer is, is anybody s guess

I’m sure if there is going to be any serious interest in buying the club, any potential purchasers wouldn’t be making themselves known until relegation is officially confirmed. All the same, I’m not going to hold my breath 😉
  5. 1889

Cheating Bastards

I saw the last minute Saka attempted con job. He’s left footed, if he’d carried on, he’d have been able to just roll the ball passed the keeper. Very strange decision, I always thought he was an honest sort of a player tbh, certainly was but I suppose they get encouraged to go down at the...
  6. 1889

Another nail in the PL coffin...

This thread really highlights the problem with modern football and its current administrators. It is also apparent that some people have lost sight of what the game is all about, it’s roots, it’s history and ultimately its appeal. The more money becomes the motivation, the more the rules are...
  7. 1889

Ben Osborn

Thats quite an accolade, but still only a 7 presumably? I agree, he was excellent tonight and never gives anything less that 100%
  8. 1889

Everton

The Premier League is fucking awful, it’s overly regulated at every level, by people who have finance and their own personal interests at heart, not those of our National game. Sooner a Saudi backed European Super League gets up and running the better, take VAR and the PGMOL with them and...
  9. 1889

Grbic

I really fail to see how anyone could conceivably think that he would be a good signing? You’d only have to watch him for half a game, to see that he can’t kick the ball with his left foot? That is just a basic requirement of any goalkeeper in this modern era of playing it out from the back and...
  10. 1889

Grbic

Then when he did finally take it, it went straight in fucking John Street!!! Saved from the humiliation by the final whistle. But in his defence, he probably didn’t know what the score was ? 🙄
  11. 1889

Now this comes as no surprise

How about, they introduce a handicap system like in Golf, based on criteria like, financial outlay, International players, recent honours, ground capacity and defensive/attacking stats. Man City and Liverpool could have a handicap of -3 goals and United and Burnley could be on +2...
  12. 1889

MOTD titles

Don’t think so, it went to our player 🤣
  13. 1889

Even by this seasons standards

Well that’s the point, I can understand a keeper being closed down after a short back pass or whatever, but it was the length of time he had to make his decision, that negates any possible excuse in these circumstances. I’m not even going to mention the incident later in the game, when the ball...
  14. 1889

If you had as long as Gribic did, to make your mind up, then you’re equally culpable and your Dad's must be the manager. 🤣 I don’t think Gribic can rely on that get out, because he could have lit a cigar and still cleared it before Nunez got to him!!
  15. 1889

Van Dijk violent conduct

Trusty’s Cat, I believe? Don’t quote me though 🐈
  16. 1889

Better today

I agree, he’s got a great physique, decent pace, in fact all of the physical attributes you’d want to be a top striker. I just think when he comes on he appears too timid or respectful of the opposition. I’d like to see him be much more aggressive, use his strength more, get his body across his...
  17. 1889

Really? He’s stood looking at the whole pitch in front of him, if neither wing back has moved and given him the option of playing it short, he should know that when the ball arrives and knock it long. But instead, he took an eternity to make his decision, by which time the long clearance, was no...
  18. 1889

Grbic

Cos they need four keepers for first team training, he’s taken Jake Eastwoods role.
  19. 1889

Grbic

More to the point, Weerz Gribic??
  20. 1889

What's your dullest anecdote about meeting a footballer?

Back on the G’ville? Handy for work for him 😉
  21. 1889

Memorable free kicks at the lane

I was going to say the same thing, that was some free kick, to be fair to the fat bastard 😉
  22. 1889

Training Centre - Will it ever be completed and open?

Well I expect the plans will include some sort of canteen facility ? 😉
  23. 1889

Berge season over

Was it his thigh muscle he ripped when he was with us, that saw him sidelined for months? Wonder if his current injury is related? Hope it’s nothing serious don’t want to miss out on our sell on clause pay out when Liverpool make their move 😉
  24. 1889

What minute did you leave?

I stayed until the 90th minute, but only to avoid the traffic 😉
  25. 1889

Luke Faxon

I agree, absolutely no doubt about the that.
  26. 1889

Luke Faxon

Yeah true, exception rather than the rule, if only for the 2 games? But, you can’t deny, Conference, conference north and Scotland are usually where our loanee keepers get their chance.
  27. 1889

Luke Faxon

Of course you do, but being at a top Premier League club will afford a goalkeeper greater opportunities to go out on loan to League 1 or maybe even the Championship, than being st Sheffield United. Loans for keepers are hard to come by and good standard loans even more so. The huge increase in...
  28. 1889

Luke Faxon

I’d be off like a shot, if Man Utd, Man City or Liverpool were interested. He’d likely never get near their first team, but he’d exceed the wages he’d get here, many times over. Plus he’d get much better loans, with any of those three as his parent club. James Traffords profile would never...
  29. 1889

Derby fans getting excited

Yeah but I doubt he wrote the script and you were right first time, he’s an arsehole 😉
  30. 1889

Luton Pen?

I’m sure the handball rule was, if it was ‘accidental’ handball and as a result the ball ricocheted to the advantage of the offending team, it was a free kick. Meaning ours would have been a pen, as their player diverted the ball away from goal and into the keepers hands. Theirs wouldn’t have...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom