Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. S

Players we should be looking to bring in this summer.

A fully fit squad aint that far off. If we don't go up get shut of Berge (he's a luxury we can well do without) and use the money to get in leaders at centre half, centre mid and centre forward. The goals we keep conceding late on don't happen when we have proper leaders in the team.
  2. S

Sheffields loyal support

Still not quite at the 10k level we took 5 years ago, I suspect we took more in the Ched Evans season too
  3. S

They’re pathetic aren’t they?

Agree with most of that, but Egans game is not the leader of the pack at the back. Think Morgan, maguire, o'connel, but Egan is a mop up centre half.
  4. S

89/90 mins + added time

If we had some proper leaders on the park, and whatever division we are in next season get shut of Berg and use the money to buy a leader straight down the spine of the team (centre-half, centre-mid and centre forward ie a modern day Morgan-Brown-Shipperley), then what happens today and this...
  5. S

Play off dates announced

What's up with some of yer, King Billy is back v Bristol, come on you red and white fucking wiizzzaaarrrddddssss
  6. S

Play off dates announced

That's no good I'm planning Yorks-Lancs day 3 at Headingley that day ;)
  7. S

Nicknames for Fans (you do not know)

Yeah I was still going with Sportsman up to mid/even late 90s.
  8. S

Bashambeuer

I'd have Bash in midfield, it'd strengthen it but drop Berge.
  9. S

'Memries' OTD 13th April 2014

They did excellent first half v Hull, then f***ed it up second half, far from my proudest day as a Blade. In that cup run alone, much preferred beating Villa, Fulham, Forest and Charlton than losing to Dull in the semis. Leicester '90 miles better, Northampton '17 and all those games in the run...
  10. S

Nicknames for Fans (you do not know)

Back in the mid 80s, when I first started going to away games with my mates rather than my dad, we'd go on the buses from Headquarters, then progressed to Sportsman as the decade progressed. One of my mates used to make up names for regulars on the bus that he didn't know accompanied by a...
  11. S

60 years ago this month...

That wouldn't be Jack Bannister the cricketer?
  12. S

60 years ago this month...

The Bannister in the WBA team, would he be a relative of the one who played for Wednesday in the 80s?
  13. S

Could be a reyt good day

Next five are all winnable, three lower or lower/ mid table coming up, followed by QPR who will be out of it by then and on the beach, ditto Fulham who will already be champs by then.
  14. S

Conor Hourihane should start

Drop Berg, play Fleck further forward
  15. S

Improvements needed in match day atmosphere?

It's always been the Kop and G&H (and JS West terrace in days of yore) that generates the atmosphere, so leave BLUT alone please, that's where I go for a bit of peace and quiet ;) Atmosphere isn't usually a problem at the Lane, it usually takes care of it self with what happens on the pitch...
  16. S

Match Thread Sheffield United v. Queens Park Rangers - 5th April 2022

Typo, easily done, up top meant MGW-Ndiyi McBurnie
  17. S

Match Thread Sheffield United v. Queens Park Rangers - 5th April 2022

I reckon both clubs are dining at last chance saloon ... 0-0. My team for tonight:- Fodders Balders-Uremovic-Egan-Robinson-Ozzie Norwood-Hourihane MGW Deane-Agana
  18. S

Agenda

Has anyone really asked for Hecky to be sacked??? We're a point off the play offs with seven to go, five at home, lets not go chucking the towel in just yet!
  19. S

Sorry Sander but I don’t mind if you leave

As he's proved many times in centre mid, he's a f***ing liability there ... easy one, get shut he is wank
  20. S

Match Thread Stoke City v. Sheffield United - 2nd April 2022

My team for tomorrow would be:- Foderingham Baldock-Uremovic-Egan-Robinson-Osbourne Norwood-Fleck MGW-Berge Sharp Harsh on RND but think Ozzie has been excellent since his return on the wrong flank.
  21. S

Fallowfields team to Punish the Potters

I'm currently reading a WW2 book where the author refers to it as "Jugoslavia" all the time.
  22. S

A Day to Celebrate

Many happy returns Silent, hope it's a good un! UTB
  23. S

Trigger Warning - Play-Offs

It took some doing after Huddersfield missed their first 3 pens!!!!!
  24. S

Trigger Warning - Play-Offs

It's etched in stone, Billy Sharp to score the winner v the Boro at Wembley :) UTB
  25. S

Sky Sports Football

I was in the side stand at Swindon, so didn't have the greatest of views and not seen it since on TV but I always thought Che Adams goal to make it 6-5 looked legitimate to me
  26. S

points for the play offs

We're averaging 2 points per game under Hecky, if we get bodies back for the last month of the season, can't see why that should change. I'll stick my neck out, 77 points
  27. S

133 years today was a good day

We were formed less than a month before Adolf Hitler was born!
  28. S

Does Berge want away

He's played ok in the more advanced role in midfield, apart from the Cov-Blackpool-Dingles games where he has gone into hiding (very poor attitude if you ask me), so if we don't go up it's a bonus we can sell him and use the funds to bolster the team in the weak areas ... straight down the spine...
  29. S

Roy's View From... View From Barnsley

Next time we get one of these, open the ground at 10.30, free beer til what 12.30, atmosphere problem solved, beer bill sent to South Yorkshire Dibble.
  30. S

United 2 Barnsley 0 - report/pod

Have to say today I wasn't bothered about what type of performance we put in, it was just vitally important we got the three points. Job accomplished, now two weeks rest to recharge batteries for a lot of players, all being well a few coming back. Now if we could just get Egan off his...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom