Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Newbury Blade

The EFL Trophy - Let us have a crack

My Uncle Fred who died aged 98 during lockdown claimed to remember the 1925 final (he was 3) and was about to leave secondary school, alongside his mate Fred Furniss, in 1936.
  2. Newbury Blade

The EFL Trophy - Let us have a crack

Bring back the Watney Cup!
  3. Newbury Blade

Jimmy Dunne

TC?
  4. Newbury Blade

Ben Osborn

I’ve had to have my hamstring grafted on to my quads after I tripped over the dog and smashed my leg so it was dangling from the knee. It’s the Blades way.
  5. Newbury Blade

Hamer

Just bad marking by Chelsea apparently according to MotD. Literally no mention of the quality of the pass.
  6. Newbury Blade

Wilder

Idiot, I didn’t claim that as you know perfectly well. Or do you think a Hecky team would have ever scored three goals in a game?
  7. Newbury Blade

Wilder

It’s been a lot better than under Hecky. Do you seriously think we were performing as well as we did today under Hecky?
  8. Newbury Blade

Wilder

It’s not about that, it’s about the crude, ignorant way you dismiss one of our most successful managers with “fuck off”. I just don’t understand how someone who claims to support our club can talk about Chris Wilder in those terms. You may or may not be right about whether he is the best manager...
  9. Newbury Blade

Wilder

“this guy” …
  10. Newbury Blade

Wilder

If the drift is that you’re an idiot who can’t even spell the name of our last manager.
  11. Newbury Blade

Wilder

What an attitude. Why don’t you fuck off.
  12. Newbury Blade

Chelsea time kick off moved

Other clubs sell unused season tickets easily enough, why is this beyond SUFC?
  13. Newbury Blade

2024/2025 Squad Planning

Dear God some of the fucking whingeing and pessimism on here. Why do you bother?
  14. Newbury Blade

Why are you still going to the games?

The same reason I drove from Kent to Sheffield every fortnight to see us play the likes of Hartlepool in the 4th division.
  15. Newbury Blade

Gerry Summers RIP

I was a young reporter on the Kent Evening Post in the 70s when Gerry was managing Gillingham. A very nice guy.
  16. Newbury Blade

Arblaster

No we haven’t, but for some reason the moaners like to claim otherwise.
  17. Newbury Blade

Worst 5 players this season (not including loans)

For some reason he’s a popular scapegoat and was last season too even after some decent performances.
  18. Newbury Blade

United games on February 29th

Or “Shoreham boys are on a bender/Boris Johnson is a sex offender”?
  19. Newbury Blade

United games on February 29th

I was a student, missed a lecture to go to the game but well worth it, especially when the Kop started chanting “Heath out!” The first time I’d heard our fans abusing Tory prime ministers, but not the last.
  20. Newbury Blade

Player Suggestion Morgan Whittaker

I knew that! But wanted to pay tribute to the legendary whistler.
  21. Newbury Blade

Incoming? Adam Berry

Get Wicks to sponsor the lad.
  22. Newbury Blade

When the Green Un was the most important newspaper to us

Manchester Evening News Football Pink
  23. Newbury Blade

The state of Sheffield football

Vote Green.
  24. Newbury Blade

The state of Sheffield football

Bristol’s more fashionable and look at the state of their two clubs.
  25. Newbury Blade

Outgoing? Arblaster

Yep, he’s shite. Like all our squad. Shite. Etc etc etc
  26. Newbury Blade

Outgoing? Arblaster

4-1-3-2 with at least 1 new centre back, Souza as the 1, the 3 you mention, Osula +1 up front, not a bad Championship lineup for starters.
  27. Newbury Blade

CONFIRMED Mason Holgate

Credit to you for giving Grbic a chance. One and a half games.
  28. Newbury Blade

CONFIRMED Mason Holgate

So your plan was … don’t loan anyone now, but stick the money somewhere and try to loan someone “young and upcoming” next season? That’s the plan?
  29. Newbury Blade

CONFIRMED Mason Holgate

I think I may have read this post before. Literally hundreds of times. Obviously it won’t get “worst” next season when the competition is easier and our very talented young players will have a chance to shine. But keep on whingeing if it makes you feel better.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom