Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. S

Forest deducted four points

Sounds good in theory but isn't going to happen. It would need 14 clubs to agree to it, plus there could be a situation very soon where quite a large number of clubs could fail PSR, including Villa, Wolves, Newcastle, Chelsea, Forest, Everton and a few others. No way are all those clubs being...
  2. S

The fans of teams that should be most upset are Leicester and Leeds. If Forest and Everton had obeyed the rules theyd almost certainly have stayed up last season. There really is no easy answer to it though. As has been said many times, promoted clubs now have to spend a huge amount to even have...
  3. S

Four points is a joke and they'll probably get a reduction, down to two points I suspect. Sort of makes ignoring the rules for clubs like Forest with rich owners worthwhile. Stay within the rules and almost certainly be in the relegation zone, spend over and there's a good chance even with a...
  4. S

Outgoing? Wes Foderingham

1 point. We went from drawing 0-0 to losing 1-0
  5. S

Failure to compete - FA punishment?

Oh don't get me wrong, I00% agree with that. That's one thing as Blades we've always expected from our players. Some of our favourite teams were built around that, not maybe the greatest players, but heart and 100% commitment. Today, in fact for most of this season, that hasn't been anywhere...
  6. S

Failure to compete - FA punishment?

For us to seriously compete we'd have needed spending levels comparable to Forest. Keeping Berge and Illi would hardly have made a dent in this season. Maybe 19th rather 20th and the occasional flash of brilliance. The teams just above the relegation zone have players who cost £50m and a massive...
  7. S

sander Berge

In one website earlier it was saying the Burnley owners feel the issue this season was there recruitment last summer, and so not the fault of the manager.
  8. S

Jebbison Mystery

I'm pretty sure with all the medical analysis and equipment available our medical staff know exactly what is wrong with players and if / when they are available to play. It's not in the players interest to not play if they want a new contract or to be signed by another club. Not many clubs will...
  9. S

Sheffield Utd fans are a disgrace - part 53

Perhaps they should get their facts right about why Mitoma, who is an outstanding player, was being booed in between constantly singing songs about some other club that are 46 miles away from them and in another county with whom they seem to have some sort of weird rivalry that nobody outside of...
  10. S

Silly Tackles From Silly People

I was just going to mention him. From what I remember there was one against someone, possibly Swindon, early in the game in front of the Kop that was terrible. Got sent off, obviously
  11. S

Have you ever been more embarrassed to be a Blade?

Don't take this the wrong way, but in a masochistic sort of a way I'm not totally hating this season. Obviously I want to win every game, that goes without saying, but I'd resigned myself from the start that weren't good enough and now go expecting us to lose most games. The games that hurt are...
  12. S

Have you ever been more embarrassed to be a Blade?

Not embarrassed at all. Been a Blade for 50 years and seen plenty of embarrassing teams / players / performances. This team is one of the best teams I've ever seen, we are just miles out of our depth in this league, and we knew that at the start of the season. Would I like to see us compete, of...
  13. S

Why would Premier League punish Forest for being big club again?

I can't stand him, but that is a decent article. Basically saying any club outside of the very big clubs who dare to spend money over their FFP allowed amount even if they have owners who can afford it will be punished with point deductions, and what this is effectively doing is ensuring the...
  14. S

Jack Robinson...

Klopp described his throw-ins as the best he'd ever seen after the match. Was great again tonight. Loved his tackle on Gakpo who couldn't jump out of the way fast enough.
  15. S

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Liverpool

If Liverpool don't score more than 5 Klopp needs to get them in for extra training on Thursday as they obviously weren't trying
  16. S

CONFIRMED Hecky Sacked

No probably about it. No other Premier League club would consider him, neither would any Championship club with the exception of maybe Rotherham. Most Division One clubs would be having a long think as well. I bet he can't believe his luck. Getting paid millions to leave last time and getting...
  17. S

9th November.....???

I suspect your reasoning behind the Prince possibly wanting Wilder back is correct, and also he probably thinks it would be a popular move amongst the fans, it wouldn't, he will get support from everyone but it's clear a large number don't see replacing Hecky with Wilder as a step forward. You...
  18. S

9th November.....???

Take away the fact that it's Wilder, what has he done since the end of first season in the PL to merit the job? If it wasn't Wilder we'd never have 'thousands of fans wanting him', even if there probably are given the number of fans we have and given who it is, which means there are also...
  19. S

Boat to craven cottage

Was a good day on the boat, football was dreadful, lost 4-0, and got absolutely soaked and frozen on the open away terrace. Stayed to the end though (and got moaned at big style for refusing to leave early) !
  20. S

RIP Maddy Cusack

Yeah credit to them, it did and they were excellent all through the tribute.
  21. S

Is it time to introduce a stop clock?

Can still get booked for time wasting (or slowing the game down would be more accurate), no laws would change or play altered just the clock stops until a corner is taken etc so would be less incentive for a winning side to waste time as not gaining. As has been quoted, maybe until this season...
  22. S

Is it time to introduce a stop clock?

I'd be in favour of having matches last say 70 minutes, so 35 minutes each half, but stopping the clock each time the ball isn't in play. It would eradicate time wasting as there would be absolutely no point and in some games / probably most games, you'd get to see more actual football and less...
  23. S

Egan and Ahmedhodzic

Of course, although I very much doubt he'd still be here if he had stayed fully fit, he'd have been close to the England squad and sold for big money after our previous relegation, if not before.
  24. S

Ramsdale/Arsenal

We only found out that he'd refused to train and play in a very important match because of his interview with Ben Foster where tried to justify it because it got his move. As you say, it was going to happen, they wanted him and we needed to sell, but it maybe cost us money. The only people who...
  25. S

Incoming? Amad Diallo

Neither are promoted, what ever happens in the Playoffs they are on a season loan from Premier League clubs and will go back to them at the end of the season and so be free to be loaned out or sold to other clubs next season, or kept, just like our two Man City lads.
  26. S

Best Runners Up in “Championship” history based on points total?

Yeah, it's crazy init. We have had a few wobbles but I keep thinking of the dropped points in those two poor runs, against Rotherham etc. but in reality it could also be argued we won points as well that might have been a bit fortunate, but it has been remarkable and with all the injuries it...
  27. S

Promotion Media

What were you doing in the away end?
  28. S

Three big moments/matches in our promotion season

Absolutely agree. If was after this that McAtee and Doyle became fixtures in midfield and gave us the energy, skill and belief to attack teams from the midfield. The Luton game was shocking and consisted of us having to lump it forward. A draw or a half decent performance might have not caused...
  29. S

RIP Eddie Colquhoun.

Pearson also made a big show of clapping for the full amount of time. Both being locally based I would presume they will have met on a number of occasions.
  30. S

Fantasy Football Squad Builder - 2023/24

Frankly, with the state our finances seem to be in and assuming no new owner with very deep pockets we need to concentrate on clearing our debts and making the club sustainable for the future, including improving the facilities and academy, not spending £100m on players + wages, so Hendo is out...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom