Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. lakedistblade

Basham interview

I met Bash at a dinner a few years ago and talked with him for some time. His intelligence, like ability communication and people skills really stood out over the other united players present. He would be a real asset to SUFC but fortunately for him is the kind of person who is going to be...
  2. lakedistblade

Vini Souza

Captain please. He’s the real influencer on the pitch.
  3. lakedistblade

United 0 Aston Villa 5 - report

Eat a big slice of humble pie please WF10BLADE UTFMB ⚔️⚔️⚔️
  4. lakedistblade

United 0 Aston Villa 5 - report

thanks for the effort but what a miserable read. Going to go against the flow for a bit of balance. I stayed until the end but did not boo or applaud the side off. Plenty of proper Sheffield gallows humour between Blades at the end which raised my spririts a bit . You missed The last 5 min...
  5. lakedistblade

The ultimate unpopular opinion: We shouldn't be too upset after tonight

Watch the wilder post match on you tube. He takes full responsibility for a tactically risky strategy that backfired dramatically and game over after 30 min. villa exploited it ruthelessly with their excellent players. They have as many points as Man City. A risk didn’t pay off. Shit happens.. A...
  6. lakedistblade

Wilder presser today

Itwas areally good watch with lots of detail about players No holding of punches about pundits etc. so much better than the predictable safe Hecky borefests.
  7. lakedistblade

Gillingham 0 United 4 - report

Robinson was head and shoulders lower than Hawkins but was the only one available to mark him. He was great otherwise. We so need to get our Aerial defence sorted this Window, goalie , defender or both.
  8. lakedistblade

Robinson is a problem

Jack is trying to mark two players Which explains the backing off after Souza with no support from Thomas or Norwood tries to tackle two players on his own. Trusty out of position probably covering for the completely Hopeless and out of position Luke Thomas. having To start him against City...
  9. lakedistblade

Mini League of 2

He can start with a commanding centre defender and goalkeeper which we also need in the championship. We are so vulnerable to crosses in the air its embarrassing.
  10. lakedistblade

United 1 Brentford 0 - report

Brilliant to feel some positivity flooding back. We were lucky to get Brentford on this form - they were really poor - just as we were unlucky to get Newcastle when they were on fire whereas they were dire against Bournemouth. I thought Robinson was fantastic showing real confidence and...
  11. lakedistblade

Thank You Paul

Thanks Paul - you kept your head and always sounded professional in interviews, representing the club very well. Good luck in your next challenge and thanks in particular for a great promotion season. All the best to you.
  12. lakedistblade

CONFIRMED Hecky Sacked

Text of telegraph article anyone ?plenty of smoke around and….
  13. lakedistblade

Hecky's post match verdict

New manager bounce then more of the same. Confidence shot to pieces feeding on itself. Who could possibly think that a lower championship at best defensive line containing Thomas, Robinson, Trusty and Bogle with Norwood as holding mf is going to be able to contain premier league attacks. Miles...
  14. lakedistblade

Burnley 5 United 0 - report

Great stuff Deadbat - balanced and spot on. Post match on YouTube with Hecky is interesting throwing players under the bus and talking about walking. all About Souza v bournemouth who was not even brought on. Archer subbed. ‘ star’ players have turned their backs on his ‘ leadership ‘ . Norwood...
  15. lakedistblade

Thank you for everything Chris Basham

Bash you are an absolute legend. Club need to look after you and I hope and expect that there will be a significant role for you either on or off the pitch for years to come at Sheffield United your football home and family. Get well soon mate.
  16. lakedistblade

Bottom 6 taking shape

If you look through all the fixtures our relegation rivals also have a generally tough run up to November. My prediction is that there will be several teams detached by that point. We may havecenough to finish 17 th if you think about the Man City result and their performance against other...
  17. lakedistblade

United 2 Everton 2 - report/ratings

Found myself agreeing with everything you wrote Deadbat. There are so few games where we can expect to get something this season and 3 of them have gone with 1 point gained. A lot of criticism about tactics but holding city to 1-2 is way better than most have / will manage so gives hope for...
  18. lakedistblade

Match Thread Sheffield United v. Manchester City - 27th August 2023

Great shame we lost Ozzy so early. Wouldn’t have conceded second. Still too weak at LWB going to be exploited every week in prem league.plus what’s ozzy doing getting injured kicking a ball anyway. Our conditioning is hopeless. a great effort mind you and enough to think we can hold our own in...
  19. lakedistblade

Prince on Sheff United Way

Good interview And questions. As usual comes over well. Disappointing that Ndiaye and Berge have gone but if they didn’t want play for us I don’t want them and particularly Berge has shown this on the pitch. This is a point of maximum anxiety but if we can get good signings and loans in place...
  20. lakedistblade

Jack O’Connell

He has prepared for this with education and exploring ideas while in rehabilitation. Sure he has a bright future and some fantastic memories. Appalling bad luck for the lad and I’ll never forget that brilliant stable premier league back 5 of which he was probably the the key component. Thanks...
  21. lakedistblade

Match Thread Estoril vs Sheff United match thread.

Larouci looks soft. We have bought max Lowe mk2
  22. lakedistblade

My final Take ...

what I want to know is where and how did Pommps learn his punchy writing style ? Pretty impressive for a Lad with modest background on the Valley. I grew up on Hemsworth road and was regularly roughed up in Graves park by those lads.
  23. lakedistblade

Do you LOVE this team?

Fell out of love with Wider pretty quick in prem when he fell in love with himself. Don’t love Hecky but have a lot of respect for him and very mixed feelings about individuals across the team. next season will sort out true blades from entitled newbies. Might not be pretty .
  24. lakedistblade

My final Take ...

Fair enough comments about what Hecky has had to deal with and has done so with great success. it remains my impression that we look like a car working hard on three cylinders to get there. Midfield has been underperforming with Norwood erratic, Fleck off the pace, Berge disappearing, Mcatee a...
  25. lakedistblade

Birmingham 1 United 2 - report

Manythanks for all the effort and insight going into your reports. UTB. ⚔️⚔️
  26. lakedistblade

My final Take ...

well done in getting promoted and proving me wrong United - I thought we were going to blow it. So many lacklustre performances with isolated strikers for long periods. Bottom half of prem league looks ominously tight but I’ll still be treking over the penines glad to be involved in footballs...
  27. lakedistblade

In a nutshell

We played well as a team but let down by three individual errors by players. Who are not good enough for us let alone an fa cup semi final. Jebbison too young. Never win anything with kids as today shows, Lowe been too weak defending for several games, hendo saves that 3 rd goal but not Wes...
  28. lakedistblade

My take ...

Reckon Hecky started fleck not mcatee after the last Luton game. Our ponderous build up isn’t working against teams with energy who also sit back. away games down south on wednesday don’t help us against scrappers like millwall and Luton on Saturday. Under wilder for a while we were that high...
  29. lakedistblade

Match Thread Sheffield United v. Middlesbrough - 15th February 2023

BBC football reporting up to its usual high standard of disrespect to us. This in the the report of boros last win at cardiff quote They will travel to Bramall Lane for their next league game on Wednesday 10 points behind the Blades, but with a game in hand. unquote the phrase useless tw*ts...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom