Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. georgethecat

CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

I have just tuned in at half time. We are now 14 minutes into the second half against 10 men psg and he hasn't touched the ball. Running about with great intensity but never on the ball
  2. georgethecat

Bogle

All of our defenders look like a poor version of Claude Davis :mad:
  3. georgethecat

Have you ever been more embarrassed to be a Blade?

Living in NI I have never been embarrassed to be a blade. Infact quite the opposite, I am absolutely delighted to display the badge regardless of the league we are in or current results. I stand tall in the knowledge that I pour my affections on a truly amazing football club while most of my...
  4. georgethecat

Vini 10 men

Souza covers a lot of ground but to little effect. He is too easily played around and his positioning is poor for a holding midfielder. This inevitably leads to the opposition getting at our defence too easily. Added to how ponderous and lacking in quality he is while in possession to say he is...
  5. georgethecat

MOTD-2 !

From my viewpoint on the kop it seemed that a defender pushed McBurnie in the back which caused the collision with the keeper
  6. georgethecat

Six of the worst - the worst performances I have seen at Bramall Lane

Lost 3 nil at home to Southend early in the Wilder days. Awful defending throughout the game. They were out of sight within about 15 minutes. Chris Hussey was horrendous. I had a couple of non blades mate had travelled over from northern Ireland with me and the atmosphere was pure vitriol
  7. georgethecat

Future fans

I could do but we are glentoran season ticket holders so we follow the glens home and away - when we are not at bdtbl
  8. georgethecat

Future fans

Living in Northern Ireland I was always afraid that my lad would take the near typical approach and support one of the big six premier League clubs who are never off the TV. I introduced him to the blades early on and he has never looked back. He has become a huge blades fan and was with me on...
  9. georgethecat

Well Bert's looking forward to Saturday.

I am flying over on Friday evening and driving up from Liverpool on Saturday morning. Normally I am like a kid on Christmas Eve by this point but due to the significant negativity around the club at present I am somewhat underwhelmed. However, I know that as I drive over on Saturday morning and...
  10. georgethecat

Players/Managers Nick-Namesakes

Chris Wood - forest A lad called Billy King actually played for rangers . They would have loved that
  11. georgethecat

First, first away, worst, favourite

First game - play off final defeat v palace First away - Tranmere (1each) circa 2011 Worst - Southend debacle 2016. Had brought a few mates over with me and it was utterly appalling. Best - Ipswich home O'Connell coming in . Dream come true to see us effectively promoted with my lad alongside...
  12. georgethecat

How many in here made it 46/46?

Only 3 games for me this season. This would have been 10 -12 prior to COVID. The price of flights has increased slightly but it is the cost of car hire that has been prohibitive. That has just become extortionate. I have also found it more difficult to access tickets this season meaning that I...
  13. georgethecat

Sheffield.....

It is extremely prevalent here in Northern Ireland where there is a big Manchester united following. Driving to work yesterday the radio ulster sports report constantly referred to Man UTD as united.
  14. georgethecat

United players famous for other things

McBurney transport. A very successful haulage firm based in my home town. Until recently they were the shirt sponsors of Irish premier league side Ballymena united. One of the longest running sponsorship deals in European football lasting 35 years.
  15. georgethecat

How do you stop Growing Crowd Disorder

I'm sure I noticed at the weekend during the Celtic title celebrations that the stewards were very robust in dealing with anyone who entered the playing area. During interviews on the pitch you could clearly see stewards in the background scuffing and tackling people who had encroached before...
  16. georgethecat

That keeper

Looked off his line when Norwood struck the ball
  17. georgethecat

Garyoke playlist for Boro

Thank you for the days The Kinks
  18. georgethecat

Bladey degrees of separation

Was a really talented lad but sadly the blades didn't see the best of him.
  19. georgethecat

Bladey degrees of separation

I am a former teammate of Glen Little
  20. georgethecat

Match Thread West Bromwich Albion v. Sheffield United - 18th August 2021

Manager needs to take responsibility as well as the players. He has clearly instructed them to sit deep and pass the ball aimlessly at the back. By now he should recognise that we don't have the players to do this. We simply overplay and invite pressure in our own half. We need to be more...
  21. georgethecat

Match Thread West Bromwich Albion v. Sheffield United - 18th August 2021

Lightweight throughout the team. Obsessed with maintaining possession in our own half at the expense of going forward. Negative football which lacks energy and ambition.
  22. georgethecat

A Salt N Battered

Not something that is served. They could serve chips in a burger bap if requested but that is not the same as assault and battered effort
  23. georgethecat

A Salt N Battered

We travel from Northern Ireland about 8 to 10 games per season and the itinerary is usually always the same; early morning flight to Liverpool, hire care to Sheffield, early lunch in Assault and battered. Chip buttys are not an option in NI so my young lad loved getting it as his prematch lunch...
  24. georgethecat

'Memries' Weird, Wonderful and Bizarre

Lee Baxter, Burnley away.
  25. georgethecat

Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers v. Sheffield United - 17th April 2021

Wrong ball by brewster. He should be squaring for mcgoldrick rather than pulling it back to stevens
  26. georgethecat

Fans back for last game? But would you go?

I'd go in a heartbeat. Someone sort me out with a ticket and I'll get the flights booked
  27. georgethecat

Match Thread Fulham v. Sheffield United - 20th February 2021

They look like they have more players than us😡
  28. georgethecat

I will be feeling sick on Tuesday night

The last 15 minutes were agony. My heart rate has been through the roof. ❤️🤍🖤

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom