Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Balham Blade

Vini Souza

Which, to be fair, is what the Espanyol fans said (IIRC) I have no idea why both of our managers have tried to play him at RCM. Hecky playing Souza out of position to accomodate the immobile Norwood played a very big part in us being bottom and him getting sacked.
  2. Balham Blade

A message to Brentford fans

A fairly well-run PL club in a decent location but with limited catchment owing to the presence of a multiple-PL and two-time CL winning club within 5 miles and two huge clubs in North London not too far away. Brand new stadium yes but one with the third smallest capacity in the PL. Decent...
  3. Balham Blade

Statistics League top scorer as a percentage of team goals

Take 3... Blake was wrong as he scored 4 for Bolton that season after moving in December 1995. He'd scored 12 of our 31 prior to that move (38.7%).
  4. Balham Blade

Recover unsaved workbooks to the rescue...
  5. Balham Blade

I took those ones from Wikipedia so I bet they include cup goals...and I didn't save the document before shutting my laptop down last night. Gah.
  6. Balham Blade

19.6% of the overall but Blackman's is a little bit more remarkable as he left in January. On 29/1/13, the day before Blackman signed for Reading, we'd scored 39 league goals so he was on 28.2%. Same goes for Beattie in 2008/09: on 11/1/09 we'd scored 38 league goals and Beattie had 12 of them...
  7. Balham Blade

How do you pick a team vs Burnley…

Which other right backs? Sachdev was on loan at Oldham and (I may be wrong here) is ineligible as a result, Seriki is on loan at Rotherham and we released Starbuck at the end of last season.
  8. Balham Blade

It's not that unusual. Haaland last season: 36/94 or 38.3% McGoldrick in 20/21 scored 8 of our 20 goals for 40%. That's probably a modern record for United.
  9. Balham Blade

A message to Brentford fans

That reported price tag is even more ludicrous than the rumoured £150-170m for us.
  10. Balham Blade

CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

Failing to pay footballing creditors is probably at least 4+4 but because we pled guilty and were remorseful (arf) our punishment was reduced.
  11. Balham Blade

EGAN

Agreed but I also don't think we will take up the option to extend on current terms given that he's probably right at the top of the wage chart. Rightly or wrongly there will be an opinion that he's not worth it given recent availability and form.
  12. Balham Blade

Sydie Peck

Signed a "long term" deal in 2021. Given that he was 16 when he signed I'd be amazed if that was longer than 3 years so you would imagine that he's out of contract this summer but it's also highly likely that we will have an option to extend. Given that he's been in and around the first team he...
  13. Balham Blade

Anel looking to manufacture a move?

£10m each, minimum.
  14. Balham Blade

£3.75m is 20% of £18.75m. Wouldn't surprise me at all if that was the guaranteed transfer fee for Brewster paid in five instalments at the start of each season of his contract. The irony of Brewster being now responsible for a two point deduction as well as not being able to make a positive...
  15. Balham Blade

Premier league Records

On that last point, the biggest aggregate score in our history is 14-0 which we achieved against Port Vale in 1892/93 (10-0 at Bramall Lane, 4-0 away). I doubt it but that could be at risk.
  16. Balham Blade

Agreed. The majority of our debt is owed to...checks notes...the owner. Not sure what he gains from putting the club into administration. We've kept on top of our HMRC liabilities which is a sign that things are under control to an extent. They're effectively insolvent but they're meeting...
  17. Balham Blade

Still cumulative not consecutive. I would hazard a guess that the missing payments for Player A were actually part paid and therefore account for most of the lateness. Assuming it's Brewster and assuming it's £3.75m per instalment over 5 instalments would suggest that we missed at least part of...
  18. Balham Blade

Premier league Records

As it stands, we hold the following records, either outright or shared: First goalscorers in the Premier League (cannot be beaten) Most defeats in a 38-game season: 29 in 2020/21 (shared with Sunderland in 2005/06 and Derby in 2007/08) Fewest draws in a 38-game season: 2 in 2020/21 (shared with...
  19. Balham Blade

Premier league Records

I removed Ipswich from the most defeats category as they played 42 games in 1994/95. I've also added our new record for goals conceded at home Of those, only these are attainable this season: Goals conceded: we're on 82 with seven games to go. Even if we had Super Wes back in goal I'd say...
  20. Balham Blade

**136 ***132 if South Barnsley stop up because you can guarantee they'll play their now-traditional 9-1-0 formation against us and we'll labour to two 0-0 defeats again The offences were while we were subject to EFL rules rather than Premier League rules. The EFL doesn't have jurisdiction over...
  21. Balham Blade

As we agreed to it there can't be an appeal. Also referred to in the last clause in the EFL document Not sure how this is connected to next season beyond the obvious implication of needing 2 points more than any other team at this stage. We were in the shit last season because we didn't sell...
  22. Balham Blade

Full decision here Snippets... United missed payments of... (a) £1,000,000, £750,000 and £3,750,000 due to Club 1 under a permanent transferagreement for Player A - has to be Brewster (b) EUR 2,000,000 due to Club 2 under a permanent transfer agreement for Player B - has to be Ahmedhodzic (half...
  23. Balham Blade

Player Suggestion Out of Contract (2024)

It wasn't everyone. There was a vocal minority - and I know because I was part of it - which was adamant that the problem was creativity not finishing and that the fix was in midfield, not up front.
  24. Balham Blade

Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Nottingham Forest (h)

That one bleating about the integrity of the competition clearly doesn't do irony.
  25. Balham Blade

Incoming? Divin Mubama

He's out of contract this summer and has no intention of signing a new deal. West Ham have an option for a year but why would they take that up then send him on loan? If he's coming to the Lane it'll be on a permanent.
  26. Balham Blade

McBurnie

You've put up Summerville's stats rather than Bamford's. Bamford, the overrated muppet, has 7 goals in 30 Championship appearances this season.
  27. Balham Blade

Van Dijk violent conduct

Shoved him before scoring the opener. I was in the dissenting corner with the opinion that it should have been disallowed. I hope City's bottomless pit of dodgy Abu Dhabi funds buys them the title so Liverpool can have a farewell boat tour for Klopp, sailing down a Mersey swollen by Scouse tears.
  28. Balham Blade

Outgoing? Arblaster

Wasn't it Scott rather than Adam being touted last summer?
  29. Balham Blade

Injuries

I would hazard a guess that Luton have used fewer players than any other PL side and that lack of depth (and/or rotation) has caught up with them.
  30. Balham Blade

Wilder

I don't think we are anomalous on any of those stats either. The other result of us not having the ball is that the players don't get any respite which must be mentally exhausting.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom