Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Trafford

Egan and Ahmedhodzic

McBurnie doesn’t seem to have a free role to attack the ball, rather than marking a man, like he used to have and it makes a big difference but the biggest issue is basic defending - how many headed goals have we conceded already where the defender was the wrong side of his man when challenging...
  2. Trafford

The 23/24 “how did we fare against them last time” thread

Better result than last time but little comfort other than that, the season is starting to look depressingly like groundhog day….
  3. Trafford

In a parallel universe we hold out against Spurs, McBurnie doesn’t get sent off, Newcastle’s first goal is disallowed and we avoid an 8-0 drubbing. But in this one we record 2 reds, with the only consolation being that we have 5 “free hits” before we need to earn any points to match our last...
  4. Trafford

McBurnie

Can’t appeal double yellows. I went to a sportsman’s lunch with a former PL ref a few years ago and he was asked whether he had ever given somebody a red card because they were annoying. His answer was “no - you give them 2 yellows because they can’t appeal that”.
  5. Trafford

Match 5 - LFL comparison

A gutting end to another encouraging performance. I‘m abroad and resisted the urge to tune in until I saw that we were winning with 96 minutes on the clock 🤯
  6. Trafford

A gutting end to another encouraging performance. I‘m abroad and resisted the urge to tune in until I saw that we were winning with 96 minutes on the clock 🤯
  7. Trafford

When did we stop playing this when the Blades came out?

Didn’t know that last line, I’d always believed that it finished at the cannibalistic line…
  8. Trafford

Lane rated no1 for experience

The difference between staff with even a small amount of experience / a positive work ethic and those who don’t is enormous. Knowing that some queues move much quicker than others, me and my son joined separate queues last week, both with 5 people in front of us. He got to the front before my...
  9. Trafford

Lane rated no1 for experience

How very dare you, the Hendo’s sausage rolls are delicious, even better this year than last!
  10. Trafford

Ohhh I don’t like Mondays but I can’t stand Wed*e*days

Crikey, I’ve not heard that for a long time - and it’s even more cringe than I remember!
  11. Trafford

Anel suspension

I just hope that it is a “minor injury” - he looked very uncomfortable in the first half on Saturday and at one point I thought that both him and Egan were going to have to come off.
  12. Trafford

All feedback gratefully received, thank you, I’ll sort it 😁
  13. Trafford

Match 3 - 3 matches and 3 defeats - but getting better week on week, roll on Everton Match 4 - Our first point and our first “green“ of the season, a point better than last time.
  14. Trafford

Sorry, did a separate thread for each, I’ll post them here too
  15. Trafford

Match 4 - LFL comparison

Our first point and our first “green“ of the season, a point better than last time.
  16. Trafford

Panicking Blades Sprint Challenge

We also had 3 attempts at fouling their players to stop the move progressing but failed with each because they were too half-hearted. Somebody should have taken a yellow for the team.
  17. Trafford

Match of the Day

Jenas made me smile. “It’s testimony to Sheffield United that we’re talking about how good Pickford was”. No - testimony to how good Sheffield United were would be to highlight the performances of Archer and McBurnie. And, while we’re at it, Wes’ save for the first goal was superb, it’s just...
  18. Trafford

Was the ref biased today. Everton think so.

Ref was good in the first half but inconsistent in the 2nd. One of those where both sets of fans would have left feeling hard done by - Everton particularly so if we had scored nearly 3 minutes after time was supposed to be up.
  19. Trafford

Goals conceded - common themes

From memory:- Every goal that we have conceded has been from inside the penalty area Most were scored by a player standing between the goal posts, ie not out wide (Haaland may have been slightly outside the post) Most can be attributed to ball-watching and/or the player wasn’t robustly...
  20. Trafford

Our goal v. Citeh. McBurnie offside?

I agree with that but that’s not what the rule quoted earlier says - the ball is only required to leave the penalty area in the direction of the other half, ie not out towards the wings. So if a defender had cleared it instead of Hamer’s heel on Sunday, Walker wouldn’t have played anybody...
  21. Trafford

Good job that the defender didn’t clear it then, there might have been a question to ask. Which shows how stupid the rule is - if the player is off the pitch they should be playing everyone onside until the ball goes out or they return to the field.
  22. Trafford

But the ball did go out of the penalty area, towards the halfway line, until Souza’s challenge?
  23. Trafford

GoalWatch vs Man City

When you look at the goals that we have conceded this season, 4 out of the 5 might have been avoided if Egan or Anel had been told to man-mark the centre forward, rather than rotate responsibility. The Rodri goal was very unfortunate - a missed header, followed by a slip, followed by a...
  24. Trafford

Match 3 - LFL comparison

3 matches and 3 defeats - but getting better week on week, roll on Everton
  25. Trafford

So where's Archer then?

Strangely, some of the locals pronounce it Al trin sham
  26. Trafford

So where's Archer then?

I made the mistake of scaling the fence from the Kop when the tannoy wrongly announced a late goal at (Swindon?) that would have kept us up. Ecstasy soon changed to despair, the sight of police horses charging down the pitch towards us and the realisation that it wasn’t so easy to get back over...
  27. Trafford

So where's Archer then?

Says the man with a Danish name, which is only one step removed from the pigs 🤣 And yes, I am only joking. Commuting 4 miles to Old Trafford every fortnight would be infinitely quicker and easier than to BDTBL as I have for the past 30 years

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom