Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Bristol Blade

Statistics League top scorer as a percentage of team goals

I suspect as Revolution says that Jimmy Dunne won't be beaten. But here are a few of the more recent ones. Leon Clarke in 2017/18: 19 out of 62 = 30.6% Billy Sharp in 2016/17: 30/92 = 32.6% Billy Sharp in 2015/16: 21/64 = 32.8% James Beattie in 2007/08: 22/56 = 39.3%
  2. Bristol Blade

What the stats say (vs Brentford)

That's a generous view of things; he completely lost the man he was meant to be marking. Probably harsh but I think he also should have better anticipated the pass around the halfway line that set up the first goal. I'm not having a pop at him, he's a fantastic prospect, but these are the...
  3. Bristol Blade

New ground

It’s in the middle of a triangle surrounded by three trains lines. It’s a miracle they managed to fit a stadium in that space at all.
  4. Bristol Blade

Blades Band Names

Ched Seven Keith Waugh on Drugs
  5. Bristol Blade

Training Centre - Will it ever be completed and open?

Thought I had read it in the original statement but looks like I was wrong.
  6. Bristol Blade

Memorable free kicks at the lane

Christian Erkisen in the League Cup semi. Michael Brown probably scored 3 or 4 in 02/03. Ones against Reading and then Forest in the playoff SF off the top of my head.
  7. Bristol Blade

CONFIRMED HSBC Sports Ground - New first team training centre

Genuine question as I don’t know the answer: Are there many (any) other clubs who have separate facilities for their first team compared to academy?
  8. Bristol Blade

Should be illegal

While we have definitely spent money on players who weren't good enough for the step up to the Premier League, a huge part of the problem when it comes to offloading them is that the bottom has fallen out of the transfer market in the Championship. Largely due to Covid and FFP, average...
  9. Bristol Blade

Arturo Vidal

It should have been us.
  10. Bristol Blade

Player Suggestion Joe Worrall & Scott McKenna

Like Anel and Trusty?
  11. Bristol Blade

CONFIRMED Ivo Grbic signs for the Blades

Ronaldo Vieira was meant to sign in the summer when Jokanovic was manager but failed the medical.
  12. Bristol Blade

Goodbye, Rhian Brewster

The most galling thing is that 5 seconds earlier I’d been screaming at him to push up and pen them in the corner. If he had any positional sense and was where he should have been in the first place, he wouldn’t have needed to dive in like a fucking idiot.
  13. Bristol Blade

Six of the Best - The Best Performances Seen at The Lane

United 3 - 3 Man Utd (2019) We didn't get the win but the first half performance was probably the best I have ever seen us play, and I possibly will never see us see us play better than that. We completely blew away a good Man Utd side that finished 3rd that season. The late equaliser from...
  14. Bristol Blade

Andre Brooks

15. Bristol Blade

Most saves in the Premier League

In terms of post-shot xG, he’s solidly middle of the pack. Crossing, unsurprisingly is a concern though:
  16. Bristol Blade

CONFIRMED Vinícius Souza

Strange game I thought. Really involved, did some great work winning the ball back and driving forward and then three times in the first half he passed the ball straight to no one. If he could cut out the daft mistakes and be more consistent I think he’d be a good player for a bottom half prem...
  17. Bristol Blade

Sorry Brewster your time is up….

There were people around me in the BLUT who were celebrating when he got injured and taken off. Should be ashamed of themselves.
  18. Bristol Blade

You're not West Ham anymore

I was shocked how many empty seats there were on Saturday. I would be surprised if there were more than 50k there in reality.
  19. Bristol Blade

Premier League TV Deal

I suspect this will go down like a lead balloon on here, but at this point I think we might as well just scrap 3pm kick offs altogether in the Premier League and then televise every EPL fixture. Leave the 3pm kick offs just for the EFL.
  20. Bristol Blade

Injuries

Don't be a fanny.
  21. Bristol Blade

Injuries

Brewster back in full training by the looks of it.
  22. Bristol Blade

25 man squad (23/24 season)

For the clickless: 25 Squad players (*Home grown) Ahmedhodzic, Anel Amissah, Jordan Archer, Cameron Desmond* Baldock, George Henry Ivor* Basham, Christopher Paul* Ben Slimane, Anis Bogle, Jayden Ian* Brewster, Rhian Joel* Coulibaly, Ismaila Cheick Davies, Adam Rhys* Davies, Thomas* De Souza...
  23. Bristol Blade

Father and son's playing for United

Tony and Danny Philliskirk
  24. Bristol Blade

Montgomery to Hibs

Not sure about Bradford, you might be thinking of the one scored from about 25 yards away against Grimsby in a 4-1 win during the 02/03 season.
  25. Bristol Blade

Do you feel we will stay up?

I think Burnley will finish bottom, and Luton won’t be far ahead of them. The third relegation spot I reckon will be between us, Wolves, Fulham and maybe one other like a Bournemouth. Everton will be safely mid table I feel.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom