Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. shreds1975

A chat with Glyn Hodges

The Four Blades can't always get to the pub together at the moment, but being at home does have it's advantages as it meant we were able to chat to Glyn Hodges this week about his career. Glyn was generous with his time, so it's a lengthy pod but you can listen to it in several listens. Or...
  2. shreds1975

4 Blades in the Pub - Adrian Heath Word Association Game

Either way it's an opportunity to hear/read other Blades opinions, engage and respond. You have a choice to read/listen/write, or you can choose not to visit forums, read blogs, or listen to pods. Each to their own, but there's clearly an audience and a customer for all the different mediums. We...
  3. shreds1975

4 Blades in the Pub - Adrian Heath Word Association Game

I guess it's just the same as an internet forum that you read and reply to others' views of United on? Just it is verbal opinions rather than written?
  4. shreds1975

It's a grumble!.... - South Stand ticket move & press box

You would have thought that with the chance of promotion (at stages of last season, as well as this) the operations side of the club would have considered the implications. If it was all a surprise then they clearly aren't that forward thinking. The club could have then held back 100 or so...
  5. shreds1975

Flat atmosphere on the Kop

Here's my take on it. http://aunitedview.blogspot.com/2018/09/the-entitled-fans.html The one thing it didn't mention was those looking down at their phones all match, like the lad next to me the other week who did nothing but refresh his in play bets for 90 minutes. I think we need to...
  6. shreds1975

Arsenal 6 Blades 0

It was the day we were awarded the Tevez money and a Look North crew interviewed a couple of us on the coach before we left the Lane. Apart from the fact we were totally dismantled by a young Arsenal side, my other memories of the night are the awful food and former Eastenders actor/reality TV...
  7. shreds1975

Kevin 'Scarborough' McCabe Vs Prince 'Absent' Abdullah

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't, I wasn't there. But The Star has suggested he did...... https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/why-sheffield-united-fans-could-have-cause-for-concern-by-prince-abdullah-s-takeover-bid-1-9018136
  8. shreds1975

A reminder to the board bashers

Brighton have been funded massively by Tony Bloom. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38251262 http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2016/12/brighton-and-hove-albion-knockin-on.html
  9. shreds1975

McCabe rumoured to of won the bid for the Olympic legacy park

The site isn't big enough for a 30-40,000 capacity stadium so I can't imagine it would lead to any long term move, unless the arena was to follow the DVS down the closure and demolition route (never rule anything out with SCC). Then United would have a training facility and potentiall a new...
  10. shreds1975

Kit Thread

Bayern have this new adidas template (also Palmeiras have it in Green and White) - I did wonder if you replaced the white with black and the broader stripes were red and white....? Not sure I would go for it as I think the main stripes would be too broad but just thinking about the pinstripe rumour.
  11. shreds1975

Wilder is Eurovision Manager of the Year

I tried to be fair, but Parkinson and Alexander were marked down based on their attitude towards the Blades ;) In hindsight maybe over marked Keith Hill, but on the budget at Rochdale I would say they are over-performing. And the ex-pig at Oldham might have got in on merit, but I can't bring...
  12. shreds1975

The Stir up to their old tricks again..

Pretty sure you are in conversation with Danny Hall from The Star and not Danny04, Blades fan aged 40 something as his profile suggests
  13. shreds1975

The Sheffield United song (vid)

Nah. Just checked my OED. Nowhere does it say that the meaning of Awesome is "cringeworthy, embarrassing shite".
  14. shreds1975

Transfer Policy

I think it is an interesting dilemma Clough faces. If he goes for Championship level players, there is a cost in terms of fee and wages and there is a perception (rightly or wrongly) that we are attracting good players. What would fans have said if we had spent a significant (for L1) sum on...
  15. shreds1975

Board - Time to stand up

Hard to say in an era of undisclosed fees, but must have been around that for Baxter, Scougall, Murphy etc. maybe more in Baxter's case.
  16. shreds1975

View From Briz

Was that when they beat you 6-1?
  17. shreds1975

So what's the problem NC ?

I did wonder if it was this guy who earned a deal at Molde after a good season at Sarpsborg http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_Elyounoussi I assume teh Icelandic top scorer Kjartansson is likely for Champ/PL or equivalent elsewhere @Bergen ?
  18. shreds1975

New away kit...

It's not easy being green - can't see it myself......
  19. shreds1975

Blades 6 Spurs 0

Thanks mate. Will PM you later - Cheers!
  20. shreds1975

Blades 6 Spurs 0

Tuesday 2nd March 1993. What a night! I am hoping someone might be able to help me please? As part of some research I am doing, I wonder if anyone has the match video that I think United released. If so would I be able to borrow it? I have the season review video but I am looking for...
  21. shreds1975

Blades vs Charlton

Distinct lack of trains to get them to Sheffield in time for kick off (try none). Unless they put some cheap coaches on the away support could be very low. Meanwhile the BT Sport 4pm kick off is Wigan v Man City - with few travel issues and a short distance apart.
  22. shreds1975

[MATCH POSTPONED] Pitch inspection for Brentford match?

And that would help how? we are using covers....
  23. shreds1975

Martin Samuel Pt. 487

I think that in the accounts to 30 June 2013, there was still a bank loan balance in creditors, however the notes said that this would be/was cleared by a post balance sheet date event i.e. the final tranche of monies from West Ham. So pretty sure that it is all paid up. Typing this from memory...
  24. shreds1975

Merry Christmas and here's to a happier 2014

Just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and thank you all for entertainment you have provided on this forum this year. Massive thanks to Foxy and Linz for all they do in keeping this forum going and growing. Let's hope 2014 brings more happiness to Blades fans everywhere, Nigel...
  25. shreds1975

Joe Ashton in The Star

I wrote this in response yesterday. Plenty of further arguments against it that I could have made, but it would have been like War and Peace. Instead I used the basis of an article that I wrote for When Saturday Comes that was published in the Summer...
  26. shreds1975

STOP CLAPPING PORTER AND DOYLE

I wrote this about Doyle on my blog a few weeks ago. My issue is less about the player and more about his failure as a leader and the failure of any recent manager to address the lack of on-field leadership. Doyle is a very cute player. Noticeable for effort after lost causes, busy when doing...
  27. shreds1975

For those who want to wait until Xmas...

That would suggest you have had a nudge re a possible replacement and it is a name that would make you happy? So who? Either that, or you are just desperate for change!
  28. shreds1975

FA 150th Anniversary Tube Map

This is much better. Lines represent London clubs, stations are players. Intersections where players have played for both clubs. Knocks the FA's bandwagon jumping, half-baked effort into a cocked hat.
  29. shreds1975

Are we missing McDonald ?

The best, most technically gifted footballer in the squad. Yes he was in and out of form and his attitude coudl be questioned at times, but on his day he made us tick. He benefited two seasons ago from having plenty of movement around him, with overlapping wing backs and talented fellow...
  30. shreds1975

Automatic Cup Tie Scheme

I fear that is something all together different................... :eek:

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom