Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Hamburg Blade

CONFIRMED Slaviša Jokanović

Is there any actual evidence that he is some sort of mob hard nut who will send the boys round to fuck up a player if he steps out of line, or is this all based on some poster on here saying he has scary eyes? Or is it because he is a Serb national who talks with a strong East European accent...
  2. Hamburg Blade

Jokanovic spotted in Bramall Lane car park

To think that some people actually thought this photo was fake. :rolleyes:
  3. Hamburg Blade

Absolute shambles!

Yes, and don't get me wrong, I'm very disappointed in how it's gone, nor do I understand completely how it can have happened, but I think here we can mention "fine margins" - not as they're usually mentioned, i.e. between last season and this, but between us and West Brom and Fulham. The...
  4. Hamburg Blade

Absolute shambles!

Perhaps they should have failed abysmally last season - as every neutral and his dog expected them to - and then saved themselves the wrath of the fans. I've no doubt everyone (alright, most) would have been much more circumspect had this happened last season. These players simply aren't of the...
  5. Hamburg Blade

VAR in theory not that bad

I argued against this sort of introduction of technology for years on the basis that football is a game that flows, most other sports stop and start. It was never going to work very well. Undoubtedly it could work better, but this oft repeated "VAR is fine, it's the implementation and the idiots...
  6. Hamburg Blade

What are they discussing?

"I'm amazed you went most of the season without them realising you're not Chris Wilder. By the way, what did you do with the body?"
  7. Hamburg Blade

Their “goal”

This type of argument, perhaps valid when VAR first came in, doesn't hold up anymore. On field refs and linesmen have altered the way they give decisions based on the existence of VAR. In other words, without VAR some of these decisions may have been given anyway, particularly the more obvious...
  8. Hamburg Blade

Warnock wasn't a quitter

I know. I was being a bit tetchy.
  9. Hamburg Blade

Warnock wasn't a quitter

Sorry, didn't mean that to sound aggressive. I was asking a question but making a point that we don't, your answer suggests that we do hold ex-managers in high esteem. However the fact that the name that comes to mind is someone who managed just under 50 years ago says it all. And I really do...
  10. Hamburg Blade

Warnock wasn't a quitter

Are you disputing my point by naming a manager who last managed just under 50 years ago? Most Blades won't remember him. You might as well say John Nicholson.
  11. Hamburg Blade

Berge, WTF?

People are getting very excited about some of the clubs rumoured to be sniffing round, but I'm not sure it means much. I've said before that I don't think he's done enough to warrant a big money move to a PL club - whether that's his fault or not - and unless the release clause is low enough for...
  12. Hamburg Blade

Warnock wasn't a quitter

Warnock could be very frustrating because we sometimes (often?) played some really dreadful football, but we also sometimes played some great football. But I always accepted that we had no money, so his system of buy in bulk and sort through to find a gem wasn't unreasonable. His post match...
  13. Hamburg Blade

Their “goal”

I've read your post a few times now and can't get what you mean. In my view, defending properly often means allowing attackers to wander offside. The only way an attacker can be offside when the ball is played backwards is if he is forward of the attacking player of the ball, right? So it is...
  14. Hamburg Blade

Their “goal”

I suspect that those who are generally in favour of VAR will say that and those who aren't won't, but will still criticise an official making a wrong decision, which is perfectly reasonable. I also expect a lot of people will make the claim that fans complained about VAR when we had it and now...
  15. Hamburg Blade

Prince's - Saudi TV interview

We know we missed out on quite a few targets, some names were rumoured, others people seem to be pretty sure were targets who went elsewhere. How does that fit in to the idea that Wilder wanted one player and no one else? People have jumped all over this but I just don't buy it. I can believe...
  16. Hamburg Blade

It were on't internet, must be true! My issue with this report is that it is fairly logical that some top earners will have to be sold or some top players will be snatched up when we're relegated, it's completely normal, so even if the story is completely fabricated, it's likely that several...
  17. Hamburg Blade

Blades in the ESL

But they wouldn't relegate them because all the other clubs would want them there.
  18. Hamburg Blade

Because not everything you read on social media is true?
  19. Hamburg Blade

Blades in the ESL

They are the last English club to withdraw from the ESL. (No one told them they weren't invited)
  20. Hamburg Blade

Blades in the ESL

Sea of Black, surely.
  21. Hamburg Blade

Blades in the ESL

FC Sevastepol are up for it. What could possibly go wrong?
  22. Hamburg Blade

Who will return to the Premier League first? Blades or Pigs?

Rotherham will beat us both back. They'll get elected to the European Super League instead of us too. After which they'll cancel football and make everyone play touch rugby without touching by act of parliament. Then the sky will fall in. The end.
  23. Hamburg Blade

Alternatively, we're the ideal club to destroy his reputation. :eek: Seriously though, I believe we have a squad that is the foundation for an immediate return provided we get the right manager. Of all the names I've seen bandied about, this is the one I would put at the top of my list.
  24. Hamburg Blade

The Pink Kit

The club needs to understand the distinction between a shirt designed to be worn for a football match and a fashion top. Stripes aren't good as a fashion item so for those strange people who like to wear football shirts when they go shopping a plain top is better and the neon colours aren't...
  25. Hamburg Blade

How to lift A Curse

Someone said you could lift a curse by shitting in a golf hole. I don't think it works.
  26. Hamburg Blade

Lads Lads Lads. The accounts explained.

Bloody hell, the bloke goes up at the end of every sentence, and every half sentence, and every sub-clause! He sounds like a thick TOWIE wannabe. I didn't realise people from Sheffield are starting to talk like that. :eek:
  27. Hamburg Blade

Pasta Man's Suggestions Thread

Hi Pasta, hope you're doing alright. We can't seem to get this team functioning, can we? We need a few wins before the end of the season to give us some confidence for next season. The last two games are a good opportunity, but we need a couple of results before then, I reckon.
  28. Hamburg Blade

Wilder or SUFC

It's not a fair comparrison. Wilder can take a job at a PL club at any moment and be above United, whether he is good enough for the job or not. Equally he could take a job at a club in a lowly position because he likes what the owner has said and believes he can do a job there, could be...
  29. Hamburg Blade

A defence of the players

Good post Bergen Blade and some good points, but I think that's possibly over analysing it. My view is just that too many fans can't accept that we don't have a team that is good enough for the PL and that this season is more or less what neutrals expected us to do last season. Last season now...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom