Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Revolution

40 years ago today that goal by Edwards

Must have been a sunny day. I was also listening to Radio Sheffield in the back garden (not the same garden!) Jackson did indeed start yelling "Keith Arnott! Keith Arnott" and explained he'd scored. Sticks in my mind too. It was a brief interlude on the main event for Radio Sheffield. The...
  2. Revolution

Statistics League top scorer as a percentage of team goals

Philliskirk scored 9 league goals in 87/88 Steve Foley and Peter Beagrie both scored 9 league goals in 86/87 Keith Edwards scored 20 league goals in 85/86 and 13 in 84/85 Re 2004-5, Danny Webber did score 15 league goals, but only 3 for us. The other 12 were for Watford. Andy Gray was sole...
  3. Revolution

Many of the pre 2006 figures are not right, e.g Agana scored 24 league goals in 1989 not 31, and Deano scored 13 not 17 in 1991. That’s FBrefs fault not yours
  4. Revolution

Don Givens' penalty miss and Nazi Germany's invasion of Poland

Sharp missed one at Millwall the month before. McGoldrick took over and scored one in the same game, and then another in the 1-0 home win over Hull.
  5. Revolution

He got 29 league goals (31.5%) and 6 cup goals. Some bastard has changed the wikipedia page about United seasons to include cup goals for top scorers. This person should be shot.
  6. Revolution

Keith Edwards 1981-2 35/94: 37.2% Keith Edwards 1983-4 34/86: 39.5% Edwards scored 50 per cent of Hull's goals in 1988-9: 26 out of 52. When Dixie Dean scored his record 60 league goals in a season in 1927-8 the other players managed 42 between them: he had 58.8 per cent.
  7. Revolution

Jimmy Dunne scored 41 of our 84 league goals in 1930-31. 48.8 per cent. He's got to be the clubhouse leader.
  8. Revolution

'I played for both' ⚽️ Blades vs Burnley

Colin Morris
  9. Revolution

Match Thread Brentford v. Sheffield United - 13th April 2024

With that defence I expect a hiding.
  10. Revolution

Premier league Records

We also hold the record for most draws in a 42 game season (18, in 1993-4) jointly with Man City and Southampton. It is curious that we share the record for most and fewest draws with Man City. There is another record we can have a crack at. The biggest aggregate score in a season is Man City...
  11. Revolution

BladesPod - latest episodes

Agree 100 per cent with this. The wishes expressed on the pod for us to beat 2020-21's points total and for Grbic to play the rest of the season are incompatible. Enjoyable pod, btw. Thanks for the name check Beans.
  12. Revolution

Goalkeeper situation

If we have any ambitions to win any more games this season we should not give Grbic game time.
  13. Revolution

Goalkeeper situation

There's nothing fickle about being disappointed in the performances of Grbic. Silly post.
  14. Revolution

Sunderland confirmed as 2nd lowest points in Premier League history

I can see a scenario where we keep the score down in a few of the last 7 games, e.g Forest, Burnley, possibly Everton and even Man U if they have an off day. But one hammering will certainly make it more likely.
  15. Revolution

Sunderland confirmed as 2nd lowest points in Premier League history

We have set one PL record this season already. Most home goals conceded. We've let in 47 with 3 games left. The old record was 46, set by Watford in 2021-22. The worst ever home goal difference is -31 (Norwich, 2021-22). We might break that. The total goals conceded record for a 38 game...
  16. Revolution

Ben Osborn

Yes, but you can mitigate the problem by not handing out contracts to injury prone players.
  17. Revolution

Ben Osborn

I'd like experienced pros who don't miss at least 2 months of the season due to injury.
  18. Revolution

Grbic

Update on Grbic numbers: Goals conceded: 19 XG conceded: 10 Shots faced: 45 Saves: 27 Save percentage: 57.4 Brutal numbers. We'd have beaten Fulham and Chelsea with someone competent in goal. Might even have got something at Anfield.
  19. Revolution

Ben Osborn

People now seem keen on renewing Osborn's contract. And McBurnie's. Some people also want to keep Jebbison and Baldock. It will be interesting to see who actually plays when these players go through their annual injury layoffs. It's bad enough we are stuck with Brewster and Davies as it is.
  20. Revolution

Grbic

There’s some big money to be made early next season. We will be at home to Huddersfield or Preston or someone and they’ll be about 4-1 to win and Grbic is going to gift them the game. It won’t last. He’ll be gone by the January window is my guess.
  21. Revolution

Grbic

It was. Unfortunately he had already gifted them one goal, and then made an indifferent effort on the third.
  22. Revolution

Grbic

Grbic goals against: 17 Expected goals: 9.6 Shots faced: 42 Saves: 26 (59 per cent save rate) That’s wretched stats. His goals to Xg ratio is the worst in the PL this season.
  23. Revolution

'Memries' 30 years ago today Liverpool 1 United 2. It could happen!!

Bruce Grobbelaar made several excellent saves in the Boxing Day game to preserve the 0-0 draw, less than 4 weeks after he had deliberately conceded goals in Liverpool’s 3-0 defeat at Newcastle.
  24. Revolution

'Memries' 30 years ago today Liverpool 1 United 2. It could happen!!

I was there, on the Kop. The most unlikely Blades victory I’ve ever seen in person.
  25. Revolution

United 3 Fulham 3 - report

Wilder will keep bringing Norwood on in that situation. If he actually learned anything he would not have done it today given what happened at Bournemouth. Very disappointing.
  26. Revolution

The last Blades player….

No - Tommy Taylor scored two in the same game.
  27. Revolution

What's happened with Ampadu

Ampadu was mediocre at best and wretched at worst for us. The number of goals conceding as a result of him not doing is job was far too high. He was also a classic "jack of all trades, master of none" player. See also Johnny Ertl. He's having a great year this year by all accounts, at a...
  28. Revolution

Jebbison Mystery

It was said by a number of people on here at the time that United would not let Ndiaye play for the first team until he signed a new contract. I was told by someone ITK that this was correct. United also put other conditions on Ndiaye being able to play as well as the contract. I was told...
  29. Revolution

Kieran Maguire on Blades Finances

I think this answer to this is no, but others will know better and Maguire is likely to comment on the point on X or the Price of Football pod this week, I would guess.
  30. Revolution

New regulator

This is true, but the Regulator will be independent of Government which should be enough to keep FIFA from the door. Although I expect the PL to run this argument in some form of court proceedings.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom