Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. JohnDenver

Grappling in the box at corners

Another fun part of this is the logical conclusion that goals will need to be disallowed if an attacker does the equivalent amount of grappling when scoring a goal. Obviously it’d be a huuuge risk for defenders to roll over and beg the referee in the way Maguire did last night.
  2. JohnDenver

Guardian report on our terrible season...

Oof! 😂
  3. JohnDenver

Annoyed by Osborn?

I’ve often thought he should drop down and be a mainstay at a lower club rather than be our occasional fire fighter. I think his career deserves that. But now he might get chance to drop a level and do it with us. 😂
  4. JohnDenver

Annoyed by Osborn?

After full time (95% of the ground empty), the players acknowledged the fans. One bloke on the Kop was irate - pointing and banging his chest as if to ask “where’s your heart?”. I’d have no problem with this aimed at Souza or Anel. But not Osborne. Ossie just stared at him fixedly whilst...
  5. JohnDenver

Annoyed by Osborn?

He has filled in at right back more than once. One time against Forest in the Championship if I’m not mistaken. He actually did far better than the other players who’d previously filled that gap. His tactical awareness and ability to play across the pitch is first rate. That’s not a...
  6. JohnDenver

D’oh! They are the same person though right? Edit…. Liew is the bloke Jonathan Agnew called a “cunt” isn’t he. I like him even more now.
  7. JohnDenver

It’s Jonathan Liew of “institutionalising bullying” fame. Is it ok not to hate him again? :)
  8. JohnDenver

Vini Souza

On BBD (and McAtee), the risk of playing them in a 433/451 is they’re bound to leave their fullbacks isolated at times. If you’ve got a makeshift fullback, that’s exacerbated. So that’s at the manager’s door (I was surprised we dropped Holgate), but it’s not a glaringly bad call - we’re simply...
  9. JohnDenver

Let’s be realistic here

And yet I never heard them sing “can we play you every week”. We couldn’t be more that team.
  10. JohnDenver

Annoyed by Osborn?

Ossie is worth far more to us than his transfer market value. Those who want him out are living in a dream world where we can afford depth in every position.
  11. JohnDenver

Let’s be realistic here

Burnley were exactly what I expected - decent on the ball, an attacking threat, youthful, but utterly suicidal in defence. Even their keeper was exactly as advertised - he twice donated us the ball in dangerous positions, but also made some incredible saves. In sum, any competent premier...
  12. JohnDenver

Did you boo Sander.

Those who hang about until the last player leaves the pitch will have seen him acknowledge applause from punters in the South Stand. Let‘s face it - he made the right decision for himself last summer.
  13. JohnDenver

Does Roybgiv have a safe word?

Juliet Bravo! Juliet Bravo!
  14. JohnDenver

Grbic

I’ve been holding off because I refuse to believe he’s as bad as his form. You don’t get to play for Atletico Madrid playing like this. In fact, you don’t get to play anywhere… But my amateur eye tells me his footwork is just too ponderous for him be a really good keeper. His handling seems...
  15. JohnDenver

Pasta Man's Suggestions Thread

Living the big round clean sheet there. ^^^ 🙌
  16. JohnDenver

Player Suggestion Viktor Johansson

His star rose very quickly. I imagine the window in which we ever stood a chance was very very brief.
  17. JohnDenver

sander Berge

I’d pay to watch them…
  18. JohnDenver

What would you realistically be happy with next season?

I honestly think people are dreaming if they think we’re bouncing straight back. We’ve got to build a squad around a bunch of promising kids. The old heart of this team is leaving, and nothing can be achieved without a core of experience. It’s hard enough to do this rebuild with a pot of...
  19. JohnDenver

'I played for both' ⚽️ Blades vs Burnley

Gordon Cowans. 💥
  20. JohnDenver

Are we there yet ?

If Wilder resigns in the summer then I’ll believe you. I don’t think he’d stick around if he didn’t think could arrest this shambles. The bottom of the Champ is huge step down from even our current trajectory, so mid table seems a reasonable proposition. And for balance, I equally don’t think...
  21. JohnDenver

Arblaster

6 iron.
  22. JohnDenver

Anel looking to manufacture a move?

Leave our Hecky out of it!
  23. JohnDenver

CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

Indeed, and imagine if Iliman were amongst them. By the grace of God went his soft tissue!
  24. JohnDenver

You don’t think he’s been lucky? Wow. Promotion is always uncertain, no matter how much cash you throw at it. A couple of injuries is all it takes to derail a season. And I’m not being hypocritical. I’d love our owner to chuck cash around so long as they can underwrite it. If they can’t...
  25. JohnDenver

We’re fucked when Barb from accounts goes to Corfu this summer.
  26. JohnDenver

All true, but it’s our owner who put us in that position. And we got lucky. I don’t want an owner who can’t underwrite his own fuck ups.
  27. JohnDenver

First things first - I want a club to support. The Prince might be reckless enough to gamble the house on promotion whilst dancing with fraudulent “investors”. But I don’t approve.
  28. JohnDenver

CONFIRMED HSBC Sports Ground - New first team training centre

Back to actual training facilities, check out what little old ‘muff are putting up… This is what we’re competing with. It’s all down to luck with ownership.
  29. JohnDenver

Jack Robinson...

If it was my decision I’d have sent him off without hesitation. Bullet dodged.
  30. JohnDenver

Arblaster

He’s a natural footballer. When the ball comes to him he knows he’s controlling it and staying balanced to turn in any direction. He always has options. Joy to watch.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom