Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Cassius Kray

24/25 Season Tickets

Where have you seen this? There doesn't seem to be any information online about transferring tickets, keeping a card, or indeed anything other than the unhelpful statement that we will be "implementing digital season tickets".
  2. Cassius Kray

24/25 Season Tickets

I don't think it's fair for people to be criticising the club about a lack of communication around these 'digital tickets'. This season ticket renewal window is a freak, one-off, completely unexpected circumstance. It's not like they've had nearly an entire year to prepare.
  3. Cassius Kray

Fernandinho Macedo

Each to their own, but I find fans singing along as a club play music to be significantly more cringeworthy. Also, we don't sing Annie's Song. We sing with different lyrics to a different tempo. I'm a big fan of our anthem but have no interest in listening to John Denver every week.
  4. Cassius Kray

Bettis radio sheff tomorrow

Appreciate it's not the number one burning issue at the moment but surprised no one's yet mentioned the joke that was giving out a 10 year catering contract as a reward for abject mediocrity.
  5. Cassius Kray

Famous double humpings Q1

I've had a quick scan of our results and I think the answer is yes. We lost 5-1 twice to Everton in the 1908-09 and 1931-32 seasons which seem to be out next closest. We lost 13-0 to Bolton in a single game but that was in the FA Cup. Didn't play them in the league that season. Wimbledon beat...
  6. Cassius Kray

Blades sign ten year catering deal extensionwith Compass Group (Levy).

"Levy UK + Ireland has consistently demonstrated a deep understanding of our club's values and our fans' expectations." Presumably meaning they provide catering to a standard fit for people expecting nothing but misery at every home game.
  7. Cassius Kray

Positives after 0-5 v Brighton

When the second went in it looked like it could be a horrorshow, but Wilder made the right change, the players got stuck in, and we played alright for an hour considering the circumstances. Shame about the last 15 minutes as people tired.
  8. Cassius Kray

Jack Robinson Ole Ole

We've won away ole ole! We've won away ole ole! We've won away, we've won away, we've won away ole ole!
  9. Cassius Kray

Vini Souza

Come on Vini Souza, Join us is in the boozer, We're three one up! We're three one up! Great performance, great day.
  10. Cassius Kray

November 2019 - the zenith

Aside from the many great games themselves a peak for me was directly before lockdown, when I read a newspaper article suggesting without irony that the winners of an upcoming match between United and Man Utd would be strong contenders for a Champions' League spot at the end of the season.
  11. Cassius Kray

Match Thread Sheffield United v. Aston Villa - 3rd February 2024

The midfield has looked a bit light with Hamer playing. Today it looks like it would blow away in a strong gust of wind. Still, trust Wilder knows what he's doing.
  12. Cassius Kray

Match Thread FA Cup: Sheffield United v. Brighton & Hove Albion - 27th January 2024

January is a tight month for many people after Christmas spending, and as HD8 says it's not payday yet for everyone, so can't criticise those who don't have the funds to go. Still can't get my head around why anyone who can scrape together £15 wouldn't want to be there.
  13. Cassius Kray

CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

Nice goal from Illy, exploiting space down the right on the counter.
  14. Cassius Kray

Kyle 'Blade' Walker

In the last 10 years, only United. Dirty Leeds have two, and no other club has more than one (depending on exactly how you define academy football).
  15. Cassius Kray

Everton FFP

I expect this will be reduced on appeal.
  16. Cassius Kray

History says we are down

Nah we didn't win for nearly two more months. Well there you go, we'd scored even fewer than this season! Reasons to be cheerful 👀
  17. Cassius Kray

History says we are down

How many points did we have in 1990-91? It might have been more than one, but only just. We finished that season comfortably.
  18. Cassius Kray

Booooooooo

Yes you do. Booing has never improved a team's performance.
  19. Cassius Kray

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From West Ham

On average, the game after we have lost by more than 5 goals we concede 1.3 goals. Our overall average goals conceded is 1.4 goals, so the stats do suggest our defence improves slightly after a heavy loss - something to be cheerful about! (based on the data from 11v11)
  20. Cassius Kray

Quiz question (I dont know the answer!), how many different results have United now been involved in?

Here is a list of every unique result we've had, according to the data from 11v11.com: According to 11v11 we beat them 8-3 in 1925, a result that we also achieved against Bootle in 1892.
  21. Cassius Kray

How did Souza play?

There were moments when Souza intelligently anticipated play, stepped into the right position and snuffed out a potential attack. Sadly they were rare and too often he was a passenger while the game happened around him. I still hope he will turn out to be a good player but his lack of mobility...
  22. Cassius Kray

“I like that song”

Or alternatively because it's just not very good.
  23. Cassius Kray

CONFIRMED Ryan One

Olé! Oné Oné Oné! Olé! Oné! Disappointed no one brought out the Stone Roses before we learnt how it was pronounced.
  24. Cassius Kray

Fans of the 20 premier league clubs were asked about how satisfied they are with how the club is being run.

A lot of these figures seem highly dubious. What's the source for this?
  25. Cassius Kray

Blades 3 - 0 Palace

Only 6% of people who voted on here thought we'd be relegated, so I suppose that's pretty confident. Most common guess was that we'd finish 15th.
  26. Cassius Kray

McWobblegob's new book

I met McCabe a few times and he came across as a nice bloke who genuinely card about the club. He certainly made some mistakes and was tighter with money than many would have liked but I think the current levels of opprobrium towards him are somewhat excessive.
  27. Cassius Kray

Statistics Promotion spending

This is interesting, thanks, but I'm not sure how you're calculating the 23/24 prices? For instance, the Bank of England's inflation calculator suggests prices have increased by 31.5% since 2014, but you seem to have calculated an increase of 117%?
  28. Cassius Kray

Hecky on Sports Heaven tonight (6-7pm)

Cheers for sharing all these quotes.
  29. Cassius Kray

Match Thread Derby County v. Sheffield United - 29th July 2023

True, but that's not quite the same as playing as the central pivot in a three man midfield, which was the role he played today, the role he apparently prefers, and the role he's generally underperformed in when playing. Perhaps I could have been more precise about that.
  30. Cassius Kray

Match Thread Derby County v. Sheffield United - 29th July 2023

I agree Berge did some good work defensively in the second half, but he's played in the central midfield position a number of times for us before and been massively underwhelming. All his best games have come when he's pushing forward on the right of a midfield three.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom