Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Silent Blade

No Common Sense Refs

2. Silent Blade

United old timers best XI (all signed when over 30)

Just before that Saunders showed his disgust at Dellas pass because he thought Dellas had horribly sliced the ball out of play but it was a spinning pass that kept the ball in play, quickly Saunders realised this and then ran towards the keeper who panicked and kicked the ball away for the throw...
  3. Silent Blade

United 1 Burnley 4 - report

Alan Biggs is a Chesterfield fan. I know this as his dad and brother worked at AGD where I worked
  4. Silent Blade

Forest deducted four points

Attwell to be the ref for when we play Forest? 😏
  5. Silent Blade

Grbic

Baxter played half a game and conceded 3 goals
  6. Silent Blade

1963-64 (60 years ago) match reports and photos

22/4/1964 We win the Northern Intermediate League Cup. front row (the names in bold played in first team); Alan Birchenall, Michael Disney, Barry Wagstaff, Len Badger, Alan Woodward, Charlie Bell, Michael Clarke, Mick Jones, Frank Barlow, Brian Conley, David Munks Back row; Stewart Unwin...
  7. Silent Blade

The 100 Club.

Ipswich conceded 121 in 42 games during the 1963-64 season. Jackie Milburn was the manager at the time. In a train journey to an away match, he asked the chairman, John Cobbold, if he could provide more cash to buy new players. Cobbold looked through the window and yelled "have you seen the...
  8. Silent Blade

Did you boo Sander.

No, I didn't boo him but he wasn't worth the money we paid for him, glad we got 75% of the fee back from a club who will get relegation this season. DronnieBlade, you are the world's biggest hypocrite and a bigger cock because of your disgraceful posts about McBurnie and Clarke.
  9. Silent Blade

Player Suggestion Viktor Johansson

Loved Bassett but our youth policy was poor during his years with us. He did give debuts to Dane Whitehouse and Mitch Ward but both were signed by the club when McEwan was our manager. I didn't think much of Keith Mincher who was our youth coach for 8 years. I struggle to think of any youngsters...
  10. Silent Blade

1973-74 match reports and photos (50 years ago today)

20/4/1974 Blades 1 (Eddy pen) QPR 1 (Givens) A late penalty by Keith Eddy guaranteed us another season in the first division. I dont remember any of the goals but remember Gary France making his debut and after the match many Blades fans were waiting to see if Boro had scored more than 6 goals...
  11. Silent Blade

1968-69 (55 years ago) match reports and photos

Dave Powell won our player of the season 1968/69 season appearances and goals. League appearances 42 Alan Hodgkinson, Alan Woodward 40 Len Badger 35 Tony Currie 31 + 1 sub Gil Reece 27 Dave Powell 26 Bernard Shaw Eddie Colquhoun 25 Colin Addison Ted Hemsley 22 + 1 David Munks 19 John...
  12. Silent Blade

Didn't talk about that, Kevin's dad, Cyril, played for Sheffield Deaf and played for GB at the 1965 Deaflympics in Washington DC. They showed photos I had not seen before such as the one of him and Derek Dooley who managed Birley Amateurs, Cyril played for them too. I got Kevin's sister and...
  13. Silent Blade

He was our youth player but we released him when he was 16. I had a good chat with his auntie and sister at Farm Road social club last week.
  14. Silent Blade

Roy Ridge RIP

In case you havent seen the below photo of when he was at Rochdale in August 1965
  15. Silent Blade

Ollie Watkins

Bobby Robson wrote in his autobiography that he had never forgotten a very good piece of advice from Arsenal's manager, Bertie Mee which was "if a player, no matter how good he is, becomes disruptive in the dressing room, then get rid of him as soon as you can". Bobby Robson had a lot of...
  16. Silent Blade

Charlie Staniland

There are a lot of of talented young players who lack the character to be a first teamer. I used to find it hard to understand when I was younger but usually the coaching staff get it right when it comes to releasing the players at this time of year.
  17. Silent Blade

Ollie Watkins

You dont know what the arguments were about!
  18. Silent Blade

1968-69 (55 years ago) match reports and photos

19/4/1969 Oxford 1 (Harrington) Blades 0 Scores, scorers and league tables in below link https://www.englishfootballleaguetables.co.uk/season/S1968-69/1969-04-19.html
  19. Silent Blade

Ollie Watkins

I think Wilder thought the same when he managed him at Northampton. Saw Roney arguing with a Brentford team mate after their last away game. Could be why he was an unused sub last Saturday? https://www.skysports.com/football/video/16426/13109780/ivan-toney-and-nathan-collins-clash-at-full-time
  20. Silent Blade

Ollie Watkins

Brentford took the risk, did well but had a lengthy ban, came back but was dropped from the team recently. Likely to move away from Brentford this summer. I think he is a good player but I don't remember Wilder trying to sign him when he was out of favour at Newcastle.
  21. Silent Blade

Ollie Watkins

I don't think Wilder was interested. He managed him at Northampton. Toney was a Newcastle player when Wilder became our manager. Toney joined Peterborough in 2018.
  22. Silent Blade

The EFL Trophy - Let us have a crack

1936 was the last time we reached the final
  23. Silent Blade

Outgoing? Jebbison

Is that Laney Blade ?
  24. Silent Blade

Player Suggestion Will Smallbone

Check Darren Smith's comments about Archer's transfer agreement between us and Villa too. 😊
  25. Silent Blade

18/4/1964 Blades 2 (Kettleborough, Richardson) WBA 1 (Brown) Scores, scorers, line ups and league tables in below link https://www.englishfootballleaguetables.co.uk/season/S1963-64/1964-04-18.html
  26. Silent Blade

Who is this player wearing number...?

Bill Shankly signed him
  27. Silent Blade

What's your dullest anecdote about meeting a footballer?

We don't train on Wednesdays unless we have a midweek match. You are no longer ITK!
  28. Silent Blade

I hadnt thought of that, well spotted!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom