Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. cooperblade

Match Thread Manchester United v. Sheffield United - 24th April 2024

I think we've got a chance tonight. They're at an incredibly low ebb, have possibly the slowest CB pairing in history and I thought our game v Burnley could've been very different if one of the early chances went in. We were best price 9/1 at the weekend and we're now 15/2 so the bookmakers...
  2. cooperblade

Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Charlton Athletic (a)

There was a Blade amongst them as well. Think he enjoyed it the most.
  3. cooperblade

Annoyed by Osborn?

Can't see there every being a time when United can afford a squad of 20+ players without having any "he'll do" players in it. Osborn wouldn't get in my first 11 but having someone who can cover multiple positions as a squad player is very useful.
  4. cooperblade

Vini Souza

Brentford fans said Egan and O'Connell were both shit.
  5. cooperblade

Anel looking to manufacture a move?

He was selected in the EFL Team of the Season and was also in the Sky Sports Team of the Season based on whoscored.com stats.
  6. cooperblade

CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

I agree with the sentiment of that but you can't have clubs buying and loaning players and not paying for them without any sanction.
  7. cooperblade

CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

Did Bettis comment on this (the late payments) in an interview last season? If he did, be interesting to see how his quotes compare with what we now know is the truth.
  8. cooperblade

Grbic

When people say "Wes doesn't want to be here", I assume that's short hand for "Wes, like many others, has decided that if you don't even speak to me about a new contract until I'm in my final year then I'll take that opportunity to get a nice signing on fee somewhere else thank you very much"...
  9. cooperblade

What can be learned from this season?

Agree with you re: the lack of athleticism. I think there are some mitigating factors with fitness though. The main one is that our possession is so low - last night TNT put some distance covered stats up and Arblaster and Souza were both in the top 3. Our players are capable of putting the...
  10. cooperblade

Things I won’t miss in the EPL

I fear that with the new EFL TV deal and us being a relatively big team for the league, that might be worse not better next season.
  11. cooperblade

What can be learned from this season?

As an absolute minimum, set a budget now (for wages and transfers) and stick to it. Tell the manager what decisions will be made by him and what will be made by the board in terms of retaining players - if it's the board, make those decisions now. Tell the manager what bids would be accepted...
  12. cooperblade

Times Article - Infuriating

The actual article is split into two parts and the second one is by Cascarino.
  13. cooperblade

Brewster

My point is that if you do something that the players would see as being out of order, like trying to push out an injured player, it would affect morale. Appreciate you're saying with Brewster's agreement but there are plenty of others who just seem to want to boot him out of the club. We pay...
  14. cooperblade

Brewster

If that's the case, Shirecliffe must be like a haunted house at the moment, most of them will be off in a few months. Should we have shoved O'Connell out the door sooner? I don't see the benefit in treating a popular player without any compassion. Totally hypothetical (and appreciate it's a...
  15. cooperblade

Brewster

Great post and nice to see a bit of empathy and humanity amongst all the mean spirited shit that gets spouted on here sometimes.
  16. cooperblade

Brewster

Not sure telling one of the most popular players at the club that we couldn't be arsed with him any more would send the message to the rest of the players that you're thinking of.
  17. cooperblade

Two strange incidents today

Only saw it in real time at the game but I wondered if there was a possible case for violent conduct - when someone is moving at that pace and gets dragged down, there's got to be an element of recklessness to it? Maybe that's stretching it but it definitely felt like a yellow wasn't enough...
  18. cooperblade

Roy's View From... View From Luton

What was Alfie Doughty's view? He'd got so much to say after the game at the Lane but he didn't get chance to come for a chat after this one because he got subbed off for being shit.
  19. cooperblade

Prince Abdullah

And Archer's fee is, to some extent, a no-risk gamble given we get the majority of it back if we go down.
  20. cooperblade

Prince Abdullah

And this is the key thing that should unite everyone on here (even the most ardent Prince supporters of which there still seem to be many) - we have no plan and we have no-one capable (or willing) of making a plan above the manager. Nothing has cost us more dearly than that, not even the lack of...
  21. cooperblade

Outgoing? Arblaster

The whole contracts debacle is definitely not on Hecky.
  22. cooperblade

Roy's View From... View From Palace

I meant the current Championship, which I think is what the Palace fan was referring to. There's zero chance we have this squad next season when we'll be competing with the other relegated teams.
  23. cooperblade

Don’t bother with promotion

Agreed, I'm not all that confident for next season at the moment. Obviously, it doesn't mean anything but in a fantasy world where we had the current squad, in the current Championship, I would be shocked if we weren't in the top 2.
  24. cooperblade

Don’t bother with promotion

I've talked about this on another thread but I think the opposite of what you say is true. The current crop (including the loan players) would absolutely walk the Championship. It's the inevitable major turnaround in personnel that will probably make it difficult. I know there's a lot of...
  25. cooperblade

Roy's View From... View From Palace

"Wouldn't beat half the Championship sides" Sure plenty on here agree with that but a side with Hamer, McAtee, Brereton-Diaz, Archer etc is like a Championship All-Stars team and would have no problem at all getting automatic promotion.
  26. cooperblade

Jebbison Mystery

Agreed. West Ham on Sunday were the least athletic team we'd played and we were better than them. I thought they were the opposite of Bournemouth. Ward-Prowse must be up there as one of the slowest midfielders in the league.
  27. cooperblade

CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

Mane being back makes it harder for him to get a start than it was in the World Cup.
  28. cooperblade

Relegation

I think the problem is that there have to be question marks (of varying sizes) about whether all of Egan, Baldock, Souza, Hamer, McBurnie and Jebbison are still here next season. Take some/most/all of them out and we've got a lot of work to do to even end up with a competitive squad...
  29. cooperblade

Incoming? Ben Johnson

It was the classic demonstration of fans not knowing as much as managers. West Ham barely had a midfielder capable of breaking into a brisk walk (Is Ward-Prowse the slowest midfielder in the PL?) and couldn't get near us. Moyes makes a sub to rectify this, the fans boo and chant "you don't know...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom