Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. puppet

VAR Lines

I think the 'lines' all run parallel to the goal line so the camera angles aren't relevant. However, wasn't VAR introduced to stop glaring errors being made? Penalties/not penalties, but also somebody being a fair bit offside, not just narrowed down to 1cm which I doubt many human eyes would be...
  2. puppet

Guardian report on our terrible season...

You didn't from us when we first went up in 2019. The PL has become much worse in the last 5 years than the previous 23 or so of its invention tbf
  3. puppet

Pundits ?

Not so much punditry - in general I've noticed the stat boxes in the corner, week on week... Started with most goals conceded after 75 minutes type thing Recent classic from Anfield... 91% Liverpool - Sheffield United 9% Possession Sheffield United - Worst possession ratio between 33-38 minutes...
  4. puppet

What was your coldest United match that you have been to

Wimbledon at Selhurst Park on a Wednesday night in the 90s. 0-0 and sat in the wooden stand up the wings absolutely Vladivostock on the v-v-v-landing that night.
  5. puppet

Bournemouth optimise the Premier league

Rebuild, maybe even go up and down a couple of times, or go straight to a dogfight for 16/17th for a couple of seasons and eek our way in to being a Brighton/Fulham level club before I pop my clogs and I'll be happy. Wouldn't want us to have so much money invested we couldn't not finish...
  6. puppet

Garbage doing the Haka

Here's a quite famous of its time photo of Pete Doherty, looking every bit like some smack addled junkie, which he generally was at the time admittedly but someone got lucky with that 250th of a second click of the camera, which appeared in every tabloid newspaper hit piece of the time. Rather...
  7. puppet

Would you have McCabe back over the prince?

McCabe did things with the ground? Constructed an office block(using his building company) from which 'rents would be used to fund players wages". Bought back for £1. Built a hotel (using his own building company) which would be leased out to a major chain, attract corporate hospitality and...
  8. puppet

Give Tom Davies the captaincy

And Scarborough Holdings would get all her Spa building work
  9. puppet

Today's ref

What has race discussions got to do with Matt Le Tissier?
  10. puppet

CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

To be fair, it was his big chance in front of the home fans on his debut and he had two seconds to think about it and fluffed it unfortunately. AT LEAST WE WERE CREATING chances in front of goal, something of a rarity this season.
  11. puppet

Wilder has changed nothing......

And Burnley! (this was supposed to quote the 0-8 0-5 Newcastle/Arsenal losses post but I've forgotten how to do that}
  12. puppet

Robinson is a problem

Their second goal, Trusty is left glancing sideways as he's beaten to the ball, similar to one at Arsenal. The first, was the first time they didn't try and pass the ball twenty times around the box before trying for goal and Wes is beaten by a great strike. Its very hard to motivate a set of...
  13. puppet

MCI 1-1 SHU incoming

Good luck in hospital!
  14. puppet

Delay to the match at the end of game

I watched it on TV, so I can't comment from experience. However. At the time we had Trusty, Osulu, Slimane, Brewster and Wes on the pitch. It would have to be some seriously crass person to shout a racist comment at a one of several people of colour in Luton shirts. If said word could have been...
  15. puppet

Jebbo

Not going to miss what HE never had more like...
  16. puppet

CONFIRMED Berge to Burnley

I just saw the MOTD highlights and said 'Berge's once-a-season-bit-of-magic' as the ball bobbled home. give me Hamer's sublime drag back any day.
  17. puppet

Positives: we look better under Wilder

And according to the 4th official, Archer's goal was in the 79th minute
  18. puppet

Six of the Bizarre - The most bizarre performances I have seen at The Lane

My little 6 year old in the black jacket with white sleeves cheering Walker's header around 2.23 - I'm in there somewhere too :)
  19. puppet

Captain Blade

The 30 year old suit has hopefully gone to foam heaven.
  20. puppet

We have to hope

Are we talking about the Travelodge or Turf Moor?
  21. puppet

Sack Mark Hudson

Can't agree on Trusty, he seems to have been at fault for some of the goals we've conceded. When you pay £5m for a Brentford CH, you're getting a prospect, when you pay £5m for an Arsenal defender, you're getting a dud.
  22. puppet

Vinicius Souza

I was giddy after watching his youtube highlights. At last, a fearsome ball winner who will take it ever time, hard but fair and roll it off to the skilful midfielders (ditto Traore, who almost earned the nickname Illiman who? on the strengths of his three minutes of edited trickery on what...
  23. puppet

Vinicius Souza

The old McCabe mantra... 1. He's not for sale 2. He wanted to go/we couldn't offer the wages [insert crap team name here] offered him but we will be replacing him within this transfer window 3. [Day after window closes, facing the inevitable no replacement purchased backlash] His replacement is...
  24. puppet

Vinicius Souza

I agree its now not in future, I think it should be one or the other whilst we're in this current predicament, preferably Sousa.
  25. puppet

Vinicius Souza

Do we take these figures for Sousa as red? Did he not come from one of these entanglements we have out in Europe - played in Spain last season but belonged to a Belgian team (or something?). We probably got him for (next to) nothing with wages that reflect his transfer value. First few...
  26. puppet

Don’t get too carried away.

"We were shit in the first half v Wolves and got a lucky injury time penalty, (although the second half performance was much improved).......similarly we were shit against Brighton and only got into the game when they went down to 10.....by which time we could have easily been 4 down. I think...
  27. puppet

How are we not making more of this!?

From behind, it looks like there's contact behind GBs knee from the Wolves player. After all the running through walls we've done for the last few seasons, staying on our feet when other teams roll along the floor for no reason, I'm GLAD we've finally got a soft decision which has won us a game.
  28. puppet

Anyone else despise this league?

There's no way we 'wasted' 12 minutes to warrant that much time added. 1-1 might have been a fair, overall result as it was scored within reasonable time added on. The number of yellows was a joke. McBurnie complaining when he'd been fouled in front of the referee gets a yellow but Maddison in...
  29. puppet

Tactics.

I'm happy with the formation and McAtee in the middle with Hamer and Sousa should create a good balance. What does bother me is our substitutions. Injury-enforced ones, fair enough but surely Bogle would have been a better switch for Archer than Traore at that stage in the game? The last ten...
  30. puppet

Bénie Traoré

He looked like a different player when Bogle and McBurnie came on

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom