Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. D

Betting disasters

I heard that it was all the bookie could do to get into his S-Class merc, drive to his five bedroom detached house in the best part of town and book another flight to his holiday home in the Bahamas to try and recover. Tragic...
  2. D

Did Beattie refuse to play yesterday?

His boot weren't back from t'cobblers. Its taken them quite a while to put all't segs on em. Ready Monday...
  3. D

Tempo

For me, it is obvious that our midfielders just aren't fast enough to make the moves to get away from their markers. They are always getting the ball with back to goal with a defender challenging, often 'pinged' at them making it difficult to control, and so we lose possession a lot. Anything in...
  4. D

Fill the Lane on Saturday

Amy Winehouse...
  5. D

Taking WTFC to Court?

Ditto. Nice to see that 'angry Wednesday fans' have chosen to pay the Worksop debt. I wonder if it was Forest or Leeds would they have given a shit? I very much doubt it. Shame they couldn't find their wallets to pay the plumbers, pieman, painters and a bunch of other small businesses while...
  6. D

I'm not sure where this is going, but....

Do you prefer some of the wilder speculation then, Pete? 'Doing the decent thing' in the face of a terrible scandal perhaps (I think this went out of fashion when Queen Vicky was alive, btw...), or perhaps something more sordid. We are all still guessing, and trying to make sense of it all...
  7. D

Respect

Very touching accounts and it shows that depression is really very common. Sadly I've know three people who took their own life. Four years ago, on Dec 23rd, I called the company's technical manager. We had a nice chat about the project we were going to start in the New Year, the family and our...
  8. D

RIP Gary Speed

Really shocking...
  9. D

Happy Blade

It sounds like me and Oughti-blade were separated at birth, but he's right really. When the piggies came down, they immediately launched HMS Pisstheleague, whilst we were bundles of self-doubt. We've survived having the 'worst defender ever in a United shirt', and the 'worst keeper ever in a...
  10. D

Deja Vu?

Un-necessary hyperbole. One is either pedantic or not pedantic... :rolleyes:
  11. D

Grammar Gripe

Try reading Bill Brysons 'Made in America'. He deconstructs 'American' in his typical witty prose...
  12. D

Our best ever free transfer?

He could be, but he has much to prove. Its years later and he's done nowt inbetween. I just hope he can repay some of the faith we are showing in him...
  13. D

Beattie v Chezvegas betting

There is one former hero who will probably start on the bench but is nailed on to get a goal if he comes on. Jack Lester. Lump it on...
  14. D

Grammar Gripe

I am remarkably tolerant of many of these errors, however, I did turn off the radio immediately when I recently heard a young female reporter start her insightful comments with 'Well, its like, you know...'. There is one phrase that has seemingly entered our language which makes me want to...
  15. D

Run the gauntlet

I've carefully considered my response to this thread. Here it is... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s7w3_NGk2g
  16. D

Grammar Gripe

£7k a week, and he carnt even spell..?
  17. D

Beattie

Well, I said no to him, but now he's here, I can only look forward to seeing him in red and white again and hope that this works out well...
  18. D

Taking WTFC to Court?

While I suppose it will bring another cry of 'McSue' from the piggies, they can feck right off. They've got nothing to talk about...
  19. D

The loan market

We scored more goals, but conceded more goals. I think we have actually accumulated points faster without them, despite the fears we might implode...
  20. D

One for Bergen

Dont we have that ProZone system? I recall seeing a demonstration of it at an Open Day a couple of years back. Looked incredibly comprehensive...
  21. D

Open letter to Trevor Birch

I'm not talking about defrauding an employer, but when i've been headhunted in the past, (as its usually done), then I have thought that they should have done their homework, and know I am suitable for the role. Shame on you if you make me an offer without it. I've never taken a role where I...
  22. D

Open letter to Trevor Birch

I've met them too Broomers, all too often. I knew one salesguy who moved company five times in three years, for progressively higher salaries and better cars, (£25k and a Mondeo to £60k and a 5 Series) except he didn't sell a single system in those three years, not one (expectation would be 6 a...
  23. D

Went t' pub...

Good job you're not negotiating the transfers then...
  24. D

Highest paid director

Thats fair comment, although I'm still not sure how that apply to Birch. Never mind. I guess we'll just have to wait for some brave soul to ask the question at the AGM. Where's Len when you need him..?
  25. D

Dont understand this sentence ,help please

...and those who dont have been 'ruined' by our outdated training and fitness methods...
  26. D

Went t' pub...

There is another way to look at this Alco. Beattie is a 'bums on seats player' who IF he's fit, and IF he's scoring will certainly be the sort of player to put some numbers on the home gates. If he's up for £7k a week, thats roughly 320 extra bums required to pay his wages. Achievable...
  27. D

Highest paid director

Thanks for the answer. I don't have the accounts yet and I was interested to see if this sum was fully paid to Birch or whether it is a sum that includes payments to others, e.g. Jason Rocket, or that FinDir I can't remember the name of? It just seemed a bit strange, bearing in mind that, on my...
  28. D

Highest paid director

I don't care whether you 'believe' the accounts or not, Raul. In fact I don't really care about them full stop. However the OP does kind of suggest that the full sum for 'Redundancies' was paid to Trevor Birch. I have asked if that is actually the case or whether that is an assumption based...
  29. D

a wonderfull day

Anyone getting a sense of deja vu..?
  30. D

A wonderfull day

Anyone getting a sense of deja vu..?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom