Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Cheshire Cat

Sheffield United Legends - Crucible

Yep - I’m there, so long as the trains don’t screw me over.
  2. Cheshire Cat

Darblade/Ainsley Harriott RIP

He’s been a massive part of this forum and it was an honour to either cross swords or laugh with him. The “in our trench” with georgebernardshaw can only be echoed here. And boy did he give me some genuine laughs on the forum. No age, a lot left behind but he faced it in such an...
  3. Cheshire Cat

What is our formation?

I’ve thought that accommodating Norwood has been a problem for a long time. It’s not that he’s a bad player, but playing to his strengths and covering for his weaknesses detracts from those around him.
  4. Cheshire Cat

6 years ago today...

Nope - still skulking about being an arsehole
  5. Cheshire Cat

6 years ago today...

There’s a complete and utter arsehole I went to school with in the late 80s / early 90s who, prior to this game, had been rampant on Facebook with “dem blades” mockery for years. I’ve just checked again - not a single post from him since September 24 2017.
  6. Cheshire Cat

Doyle?

If he’s in Didsbury I’d take the A6 and save some time and petrol.
  7. Cheshire Cat

PH - Open and frank interview

Not necessarily - you might restructure debt for cashflow, paying over a longer period. The amount you pay monthly has reduced but the overall debt has increased due to interest, fees, etc.
  8. Cheshire Cat

PH - Open and frank interview

But that isn’t reducing the debt, it’s reducing the cost of servicing the debt.
  9. Cheshire Cat

2022/2023 Match Thread Sheffield United v. Blackburn Rovers - FA Cup Quarter Final - 19th March 2023

Given that my mate saw Egan and Baldock at 5.30pm on Thursday and reckoned they probably hadn’t been home yet I’m not surprised to see they’re having a rest 🤣😂🥳🍺
  10. Cheshire Cat

Wembley the day

Somewhere between Baker Street and the stadium
  11. Cheshire Cat

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Man City

Depends on the forum, I don’t know too many City fans that are up themselves - most are still the same as they were 15 years ago, just with added European travel and the upper hand over Man Utd. Loads aren’t going because they hate getting ripped off for a day out at Wembley. My next door...
  12. Cheshire Cat

Well that shut Blackburn up

That’s a major upgrade on the built up areas
  13. Cheshire Cat

Well that shut Blackburn up

🤣😂🤣😂 What an honour to be called backwards and a country bumpkin by someone presumably from the sprawling, cosmopolitan metropolis that is Blackburn.
  14. Cheshire Cat

If we do go up…

Glad we went up = fucks not given
  15. Cheshire Cat

Best Opposition Goal

Mel Sterland’s Boxing Day goal for Leeds wasn’t bad. Made a right old noise when it hit the top corner.
  16. Cheshire Cat

Your favourite FA cup memory in one photo

It’s at 34;30 in this video Much nearer the far end than memory led me to believe and completely different build up. Goal was as good as I remembered
  17. Cheshire Cat

Your favourite FA cup memory in one photo

Huddersfield away in 3rd round, Jan 1989 (I think). Can’t find the picture but can still see it play clearly in my mind. Playing towards the opposite end (the cow shed), Agana is sent free down the right wing. He checks inside his man and twats it left footed into the top corner from what...
  18. Cheshire Cat

Ismaila Coulibaly

Ah - a “Nathan’s got to submit 500 words of copy but there’s no news” rehash + speculate special I do hope he turns out to be decent once fit (Coulibaly not Hemmingham). Seemed to be good things said about his pre-season games.
  19. Cheshire Cat

Wilder on recruiting Hecky

Very, very good In different circumstances that’s exactly what you’d hope to put in place - continuity and disaster recovery. Let’s put spin reduction into place - he fucked up and it went to shit - on the credit side he put Hecky and Jack in place. Did he do it in case he left? What the...
  20. Cheshire Cat

Cheshire based blades

The place must be crawling with us - moved here 25 years ago and never had to move on.
  21. Cheshire Cat

Cheshire based blades

Heyup! Depends what you’re looking for and where you need to get to. There’s all sorts across the county As pointed out above, Stockport has some affordable areas. Also look at the train routes and where you need to get to.
  22. Cheshire Cat

price of football just 40 years ago

I was fascinated when I saw this too. £26 for a Man City season ticket (£42 for Man United - they were still hard to get hold of even then)
  23. Cheshire Cat

Get Well Soon Dave Bassett

Mine too
  24. Cheshire Cat

What's your dullest anecdote about meeting a footballer?

Spent about 15 minutes sharing moans about bad knees with one of the dads of the junior cricket team I coach. Found out later that Andy was Andy Williams who played 200+ professional games at a decent level. He’s a sound bloke despite having played for Leeds.
  25. Cheshire Cat

Saudi Sanctions

I suspect there’d be a lot of “won’t they think about the poor fans” but a cold hard comparison would show us at risk if Saudi came in for scrutiny. PA doesn’t seem to be as closely tied as Abramovic (if Panorama was accurate), but it’s fairly hard to deny links with a title and a previous...
  26. Cheshire Cat

Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

Came across this this morning on a Manchester history site. Manchester derby at The Lane in 1926
  27. Cheshire Cat

Valerian Ismael

If Bruce is appointed then he’ll have a fair collection of cities crossed under his belt: Sheffield Birmingham (City, Villa, Baggies) Newcastle and Sunderland Never a world beater but never fails spectacularly
  28. Cheshire Cat

Mark Duffy Macclesfield

Might make the short trip down the road if he’s going to be there.
  29. Cheshire Cat

Head went yesterday

One of the more spectacular introductions to the forum in recent years - welcome!
  30. Cheshire Cat

Mike325

It’s like the first days of Barney

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom