Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. K

Forest media darlings

Remain a very big club Forest, despite having had a pretty abysmal 25 year spell. Only 5 seasons outside the top two divisions. Incredible what Clough and his team achieved there in a relatively small city
  2. K

Fallowfields team for Reading

Berge and Fleck. Fleck was ok on saturday. Hourihane had a decent last 10 minutes, was gash before that. I wouldnt go back 4 as we dont have the personnel to play it, agree Egan is well off it, but sadly the issue we have all over the park is there isnt adequate replacements / alternatives. Id...
  3. K

Fallowfields team for Reading

So no one in your proposed team that's any good at defending then?? Bash no good in a 4. Bogle cant defend and doesnt offer much going forward. Osborn no good at left back. Davies powder puff at best. Berge and Hourihane no good at protecting a very weak back 4... Front four has potential mind.
  4. K

Suggestion for Burnley game

fair enough If i may plays devils advacote.... So, in five years time, ten years, twenty years you wont move on?? Nobody better than Wilder for the blades - do you not think other managers might have got more out of the squad in the last 12 months?? In a spell of 39 games (since project...
  5. K

Suggestion for Burnley game

Id like to think in a couple of months time everyone will have moved on a bit, be less emotional and the 10k who get to go might just be really happy to be doing something 'normal' for the first time in 15 months, happy to see some old pals and faces, and enjoy being at a match again. Managers...
  6. K

Are we planning to keep playing 352?

Knill isn’t being kept on, nor any of Wilders ‘inner circle’. I’m not sure what systems Heckingbottom or Tindall have used at their other clubs so a change may happen. Something needs to change so we start playing further up the pitch to give ourselves a chance in games
  7. K

What's this about CW getting £7m?

He’s not getting £7m. Deal was agreed last night , not announced yet unless I’m mistaken. Wilder does ok out of this!!
  8. K

Football is dead

Some people need to get a grip here. Its a real shame its not ended well as he and his team have undoubtedly given me the best time watching United in my 40 years (bassetts team pushed it but i was a youngster then). But lets be right, hes been wanting out for a while, some reports say it was...
  9. K

Well, Looks Like It's Happening...

Playing devils advocate here but what CW thinks is best for the club, might not necessarily be what is best for the club. This is where I think some of the issues probably lie behind the scenes..CW may possibly wield too much power and say, where as at a lot of other clubs the board employ a...
  10. K

Mousset

Last summer there was a major bust up and Wilder wanted him out of the club...the board wouldnt let it happen due to the pay out of his remaining contract (say 2 years at 30k a week = circa £3m,) plus losing an asset (5m- 10m at the time) for nothing. So Wilder had to integrate him back into the...
  11. K

Luke Freeman next season

Id keep him, yes. We could have a relatively strong start XI next season for the championship Ramsdale Bash (or replacement), Egan JOC Bogle Norwood (or replacement) Fleck RND or Lowe Freeman McBurnie Brewster That's based on CW/AK staying and playing a similar system
  12. K

I’m fucking sick of him

I guess it depends on what you interpret a lack of interest or effort as. For me, refusing to even change system when the team is one the worst run ever seen in the top flight is one, a system that creates little but yet is defensively a bit all over the place, the fact that the team still...
  13. K

I’m fucking sick of him

Do people not see the accusations being laid at Lundstram are the same traits and characteristics that Wilder is displaying...lack of interest, going through the motions, playing it safe, lack of effort. The abuse thrown at one and not the other is quite remarkable. (That said throwing abuse...
  14. K

Wilder daily mail statement

Obviously was a tongue in cheek comment and I dont think things such as changing rooms / benches makes any difference to a team (there was something the other year about Norwich painting the away teams room pink, and some psychology behind it). If a team moans about stuff like that, they are...
  15. K

Bristol City Manager Comments

If you go for option 2, then you have to apply that to goal line technology also. And so from the very first qualifying game there is in July/August those are the conditions every game in the competition has to adhere to. Can you imagine the uproar and embarrassment if the cup final had a ghost...
  16. K

Next home kit??

River Plate’s new shirt. Be a quality home shirt that
  17. K

Bristol City Manager Comments

The same goes for goal line technology. Not sure but i think only Prem and Champ clubs have it in place, so the moment those teams are mixed with teams that dont have it further dilutes integrity of the competition. Being devils advocate with grounds having technology in place though, it seems...
  18. K

Football isn't fun anymore

Diving (or exaggerating contact) is so rife now that there's no real way back from it. Every team does it and players of all positions do it (did anyone see Harry Maguire the other night when DCL brushed him!) and 8/9 times out of 10 it works for them and decisions go in their favour. No good...
  19. K

United players who hated each other

Once watched a practice match at Warminster when i was a young un and Mitch Ward and John Gannon started arguing over a misplaced pass and had to be stopped by others from going at it! They spent the last ten minutes of the match abusing each other when play was going on around them and were...
  20. K

Manager needs to leave now

the backroom staff (bar the ones mentioned) are on standard employment contracts, nothing written in about bonuses, just the old 'gentlemens agreement' / discretionary bonus. Assume Wilder et al have 'football' contracts and bonuses are part of that, that's what my pal who works down there says...
  21. K

Manager needs to leave now

He's managed to piss off quite a lot of his backroom staff (Not Knill and Matt P and Darren Ward) when he got his bonus and new contract. The ones mentioned got their bonus too. However the rest of the staff who were on for a nice 'staying up' bonus have never been paid it, and told it'll roll...
  22. K

TEAM for Trip to MAN U

I think it'll either be: Ramsdale Bash Jags Ampadu Bogle / Baldock Lunny Norwood Fleck Stevens McGoldrick Burke Or Ramsdale Bash Ampadu Stevens Bogle /Baldock Lunny Norwood Fleck Lowe McGoldrick Burke Not sure where we are in terms of Osborn coming back...if hes fit play him wing back in...
  23. K

Ramsdale--our worst signing ever?

Henderson was an excellent keeper for us, rare you get to see someone that good. I’ve stated before that when he met Wilder and the staff before his first loan he said he’d save United x number of points and get us promoted, come back and keep us up, and he did just that. Ramsdale isn’t as...
  24. K

Oh No JOC

Said in another thread i think the board wont spend any money this window. We are down. We best part of 15 points from safety. 19 games to play, realistically will need 25-30 more points to stay up, we are not getting the equivalent of 10 wins in the remaining 19 games, not a chance. No point...
  25. K

'Memries' Bootham Crescent

Their new ground, whilst very nice looking, is on the edge of the city at a shopping centre (the Vangarde) with very little around. Progress is progress but it’s sad when original grounds disappear.
  26. K

CONFIRMED Conor Hourihane signs on loan

I understand what you mean. But he turns 30 next month, and whilst he's decent at Championship level he's no better than Fleck (similar age) and probably earns more. cant imagine we would be building a championship promotion team around CH. Re worst PL side ever, i do get that, but again from...
  27. K

Maybe cope was a poor choice of word. What I was meaning is we dont actually need anymore players in. Unless we signed 1-11 a new team that is significantly better than what we already have, we are going to go down. Therefore is there any point in signing new players, they're not going to...
  28. K

It might be the case that the club just dont want to spend any money / increase the wage bill until the summer. The squad is big enough to cope until the end of the season and they may well have just taken the economical decision its just not worth it
  29. K

Norwood

It would also ensure that when he does have the ball he's got someone to pass to, should be at least 4-6 players ahead of him. At the minute he gets the ball and there's not much else to do bar put it in the channels and see if Burke is willing to chase it
  30. K

Norwood

I think we missed a trick and not switching to a 4-2-3-1 (or 4-2-2-1-1) formation..you could put legs alongside Norwood in the shape of Berge / Basham / Ampadu, the fullback can bomb on knowing there's cover in place, and more influential players such as Fleck would be higher up the park. You...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom