Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. MonmouthshireBlade

When the Green Un was the most important newspaper to us

My gran spent decades posting the Green Un to our family wherever we were in the UK / world. Fond memories of receiving that every week or two.
  2. MonmouthshireBlade

Roy's View From... View From Palace

Until their second goal we made some noise but after that we were quiet, although so were they.
  3. MonmouthshireBlade

4 left for Baggies

So glad to be back on the Kop for this one. Right near my old season ticket too. Sell out imminent.
  4. MonmouthshireBlade

4 points needed

Luton to get 4 points from next two games. We then beat WBA to get promoted.
  5. MonmouthshireBlade

Bristol City fan in peace

Memorable visit back in 2018. Rumours Wilder was leaving. Thankfully he didn’t
  6. MonmouthshireBlade

Based down in the South West I’ve enjoyed a few good days at Kingsholm. I’d echo your comments. Great day out and lots of passion, especially standing in The Shed!
  7. MonmouthshireBlade

Enjoyed the 3 points down at your place...we rode our luck and you probably deserved something. Always hope for a Saturday away day at Bristol but we rarely get one...cracking city with some excellent pubs and decent vibe. You play some good stuff but I'd feel more concerned if you had...
  8. MonmouthshireBlade

CONFIRMED Semi Final Date - Sat 22nd 16:45 ko

So we could be playing at Wembley 27th May and 3rd June...😏
  9. MonmouthshireBlade

Great away performances

5-0 win at Bradford under Warnock 2002 stands out
  10. MonmouthshireBlade

Away matches on Saturday at 3pm

I think we will this time. Big game and always a good day out in Norwich
  11. MonmouthshireBlade

Please batter Wrexham

All those sides you mentioned are in the Championship. This is National League at home and we should have a strong team out. 3-1 my prediction, early pressure from Wrexham but should be a reasonably comfortable night.
  12. MonmouthshireBlade

Average Away Attendance for Every Championship Club 22/23 (so far)

Our average home and away support is bigger than it used to be. Going back to the Warnock days we weren't seeing these numbers home and away. It's great to see...although it would be nice if the noise levels were raised a bit, especially at The Lane.
  13. MonmouthshireBlade

Your favourite FA cup memory in one photo

Not my favourite but a great memory of this FA Cup replay at Rushden and Diamonds in 99. A great away trip.
  14. MonmouthshireBlade

Old blades song 70s 80s

Are these still available to buy still? I lost the original / first CD.
  15. MonmouthshireBlade

Huddersfield match changed to an early kick-off?

Sure they can make it to the border for kick off!
  16. MonmouthshireBlade

Billy Russell RIP

My old man has often told me about this game and that amazing Russell hatrick. RIP Billy
  17. MonmouthshireBlade

email from club - NO MORE TICKETS ON SALE IN KOP - standing & wrong seat usage

They would want to keep a safe standing section isolated and away for the visiting support so JSS corner would be ideal. It was the last standing area in the ground was it not?
  18. MonmouthshireBlade

Family supports who?

Grandad: Sheffield United Dad: Sheffield United Me: Sheffield United Mum: Norwich City (+ whole side of family) Local: Newport County
  19. MonmouthshireBlade

Playoff tickets, First Leg

Few hundred left by the looks of it. Who cares, full enough and whoever is there enjoy the occasion and sing your hearts out. We'll need a lead to take to the City Ground.
  20. MonmouthshireBlade

I've not ever failed to get a ticket to a home game at the Lane, so will do all I can to make sure this isn't the first time.
  21. MonmouthshireBlade

Does anybody know how many ST holders + members we have approx? Just trying to gauge my chances of a ticket in general sale on Monday.
  22. MonmouthshireBlade

Supporting United in the 60s, 70s, 80s

My old man always mention the legend 'Willy', starting the songs off on the Kop, rolling in just before kick off and always well dressed. Different era but great to read about
  23. MonmouthshireBlade

BBC Top 10

Interesting observations. Cardiff v Swansea is TENSE and is most definitely a derby, as is Forest v Derby. I'd agree the Bristol derby is a biggie (a lot of similarities to ours) but it doesn't make the top 10 for me. It depends if you judge derbies on hatred between the two teams or whether you...
  24. MonmouthshireBlade

BBC Top 10

Yep I'd agree with you on this list. I put it together quickly. I would add that Man Utd fans hate Leeds as much as anyone
  25. MonmouthshireBlade

BBC Top 10

You're right, not sure why I left that out. Yeh Hearts and Hibs is good one...might sneak in there above Forest v Derby
  26. MonmouthshireBlade

BBC Top 10

top 10 British derbies for me not in any order: Rangers v Celtic Newcastle v Sunderland Sheffield derby Leeds v Man Utd West Ham v Millwall Birmingham v Villa Cardiff v Swansea Forest v Derby North London derby Manchester derby
  27. MonmouthshireBlade

Three best FA Cup 3rd Round games for United

Thanks to hero Simon Tracey! That was an enjoyable if a bit unusual away day
  28. MonmouthshireBlade

Safe Standing

I thought the safe standing area was good at Cardiff but we didn't sell out so it would be interesting to see what happens in a full away end with more fans wanting to stand than there are allocated.
  29. MonmouthshireBlade

FA Cup Wolves game

West Brom are home to Brighton on the Saturday
  30. MonmouthshireBlade

3rd Round Draw

We had some issues when we won there in style in 2002. I remember their mob attacking the away end exit and they kept most Blades in for a bit. I managed to escape with a few others and somehow avoided getting clobbered

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom