Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. LondonBlade89

Sir George 🇬🇷⚔️

Will be sad to see him go. I can still remember watching us play MK Dons in League One and thinking how solid their right back that day looked. Quick, fiesty and wouldn’t give the oppo an inch. I was delighted when we signed him after getting promoted. I still remember there being lots of...
  2. LondonBlade89

New head scout - Jamie Hoyland

Couldn’t agree with this more. Obviously a huge part of the excitement Premier League promotion under Wilder was how it brought everyone together after so many awful years. But I think we all felt connected to a style of play. The players that came in fitted that mould. And I don’t mean fitted...
  3. LondonBlade89

McBurnie and Jebbo future

McBurnie overall is fine. He’s a popular squad member with the youngens. He’s decent in the air. His link-up play is alright. Finishing fine. He’s a 4/10 striker at Premier League level and probably a 6/10 striker in the Championship. He also has problems with injuries. All things considered, as...
  4. LondonBlade89

Robinson v Souza

Cheers for that. What a mad, stupid story. Kid’s playing in the Premier League and meeting up with a bloke at 9am on a Sunday morning due to having a random argument which he probably didn’t even remember the night before 😂. There’s a lot of bravado to hardman types in football these days but at...
  5. LondonBlade89

Outgoing? Arblaster

Same source as the one who said we had a bigger budget for January than we had in the Summer, or a better one?
  6. LondonBlade89

Maddy Cusack - SUFC Investigation Statement

Totally. I just thought the further criticism the club was getting over something which neither they nor anyone other than the people involved knew about was a bit ridiculous.
  7. LondonBlade89

The Athletic is reporting this morning that Morgan had a relationship with one of his players at Leicester while she was 17 (he says 18) and he was in his late twenties and managing the women’s side. It seems the woman went to The Athletic with this story which had until that point remained a...
  8. LondonBlade89

Jebbison Mystery

With all talk of Jebbison’s age and the time he needs, a piece on The Athletic today about Dominic Solanke finally starting to deliver on the promise he showed at youth level at the age of 26 feels relevant. Linked below for anyone with a login. There may be differing views as to whether Solanke...
  9. LondonBlade89

I’ve read the full article. I read the article published yesterday too. I completely agree the club hasn’t covered itself in glory here - to the extent that having any disaffected employee in a role of responsibility doesn’t cover yourself in glory - but I also know exactly how a publication...
  10. LondonBlade89

The club chose to go down the route of using externally trained counsellors. I’ve got no expertise as to the merits of going with external counsellors over an internal chaplain - a chaplain the club knew the capabilities of - but I do get a feeling that The Athletic is seemingly creating a storm...
  11. LondonBlade89

Jebbison Mystery

Wilder’s comments were a lot stronger than “it’s not ruled out”. It’s not certain and maybe Wilder’s playing a game here but he was speaking with a lot of confidence. Surprised me tbf. “I've met his parents and we've had an open and honest conversation about Dan's future. He wants it to be...
  12. LondonBlade89

CONFIRMED Oliver Arblaster signs a new contract

Thanks Bergen. At the risk of being incredibly narrow with player comparisons, based on what you’ve said it sounds like Blaster is a bit more like a Paul Coutts in how the play goes through him? I’ve not seen enough of him to comment so welcome any info.
  13. LondonBlade89

CONFIRMED Yasser Larouci

I think that bloke was actually booked. But that was 100% a yellow. It was like the referee decided to even things out when they absolutely weren’t equal fouls.
  14. LondonBlade89

100 minutes

I just think there were a lot of stoppages in the second half, that’s all. The multiple added minutes made sense to me. I’d have loved for us to win. On to Luton on Boxing Day anyway.
  15. LondonBlade89

100 minutes

Why am I going to go through all PL matches this season to see how much added on time there was in each game because you think there’s an issue with the refereeing?
  16. LondonBlade89

100 minutes

It was a good result and a very decent performance. Moaning about extra time is just a bit pointless. Most games go into the high 90s these days and there was a lot of VAR usage in the second half.
  17. LondonBlade89

100 minutes

I’ve no idea the rules around clocks stopping or not stopping but in games with multiple VAR checks it’s regularly getting to around the same amount of stoppage time. Happens for all teams.
  18. LondonBlade89

CONFIRMED Yasser Larouci

I think he subbed him because he’d been booked. And he was probably a bit leggy having not played for a while. I agree he looked good though. I thought the yellow on him was very harsh too.
  19. LondonBlade89

100 minutes

It’s not corrupt. They just spent ages on VAR in the second half.
  20. LondonBlade89

Vinicius Souza

At times in the first half I was wishing he was more comfortable on the ball and more confident in showing himself as an option when we had the ball but fair play he grew into the game and ended up playing very well. Once we had the lead and Brentford were chasing things a bit more that kind of...
  21. LondonBlade89

Second on MOTD

Totally agree with both posts here. Soft as anything. Baldock completely bought it. Would be pissed off if it happened to us but it’s also the kind of thing that when you start moaning about it out loud to someone else you realise you just sound a bit pathetic because it happens every week.
  22. LondonBlade89

Jack Robinson...

He’s limited as anything but in a team lacking leadership, bite and resilience he’s become one of our most important players. Maybe a Bash trajectory coming? He’s more of a w*nker than Bash, but I guess he’s our w*nker.
  23. LondonBlade89

Second on MOTD

Pundits are as all over the place as referees. One week they’ll be calling a player savvy for winning a penalty like that the next they’ll be bemoaning diving. Seems as though the coin flip this week resulted in them going for the latter this time.
  24. LondonBlade89

Sorry Brewster your time is up….

I’m sure most people here would be happy to have a reasoned debate with you, and a lot of people would actually not be far off agreeing with you tbh. But just starting a thread like this saying a player’s time is up, shortly after our first win of the season, on a widely used forum is the...
  25. LondonBlade89

Norwood's penalty

If you’re following the theory that any shot could indeed go anywhere then I suppose so, yes. If you’re following the reality that he kept his head down, hit slightly under the middle of the ball, facing forwards, it probably couldn’t have gone anywhere.
  26. LondonBlade89

Jug earred hypocritical virtue signaller

Just like bad refereeing, it generally balances out. Christ it’s not like we’ve had it all our way with VAR is it?
  27. LondonBlade89

Sorry Brewster your time is up….

Enjoy the win. Don’t focus on jumping on someone who’s barely back from injury. I realise my reply won’t help but I hope this thread dies out and falls off the main page sharpish. Not the kind of energy needed.
  28. LondonBlade89

Unreal today..

The pundits in the Sky Sports studio were genuinely gutted for Gary O’Neill. Simon Thomas banging on about consistency. No one thought it was a pen save for Mike Dean who said after giving it a penalty on the pitch it’d be hard to overturn. I couldn’t give less of a fuck about Gary O’Neill...
  29. LondonBlade89

The fight we showed in the 2nd half

It’s weird. I didn’t watch us play yesterday, and I switched off at about five vs Newcastle, but prior to that I was feeling a lot better about this team than our last relegation season. Now I’m reading that we’re either at that level or worse. I’m not sure what to believe but I will be at...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom