Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. L

What's your dullest anecdote about meeting a footballer?

Apparently Moles have very poor eyesight. As such a mole would fail the basic eye test at the beginning of the driving examination. I was wrong to jump to my conclusion, for this I apologise to any BMW driving moles.
  2. L

Whilst riding North on the A1 early last Sunday morning, I noticed a Blue BMW M3 closing in rather quickly as we approached the Wentbridge 40 mph zone. As we slowed down, the car kept at a reasonable distance and we both adhered to the speed limit. When the restrictions ended, the blue car...
  3. L

Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

I did my apprenticeship with them in the late 70's.
  4. L

David Robins the Bob Hatton look-a- like tractor driver.
  5. L

Documentary: Out Run. Out Fight. Out Play.

Good find. How about this Mr Herriott? Just to keep you going.
  6. L

Drunken coked up old Blades "wanting it".

Worry not forum for I have found Skeeter. I thought I recognised his inane ramblings and threats of imminent harm. I give you Skeeter nee Uncle Peter.
  7. L

I'll add this to the long list of things I never knew.
  8. L

That facia was designed and painted by the Dad of one of the girls in my class at Grenoside school. He did another somewhere else in the City.
  9. L

I saw Peter Barlow (Ken's Son) in the petrol station at Calver. He wasn't very tall. (Neither am I).
  10. L

I have never seen this picture before, thank you so much for sharing. My late Father is sitting to the right of Derek Dooley (left on the picture).
  11. L

Not photographs as such.
  12. L

Mr King, music teacher? Mike Corden. Twat. He caught us kicking a basket ball and claimed it would damage the ball, he sat the entire class on the floor and kicked it at us. As I said. A twat.
  13. L

Ex Blade Harry Maguire re Arrested

Just off the phone to a mate who reps in Mykonos. Gave some details on Harry Maguire incident. Said Maguire was attacked from behind on Wednesday night so he went to defend himself. Trouble is, by the time he’d turned around, it was Friday morning & he hit an innocent bystander.....
  14. L

Oooo interesting. Was there a frosty pitch involved?
  15. L

Edit. It would appear that Colin joined us in July 1981, even my rudimentary memory rules out frost and a football match. Please may I call a senior moment? Though I.. can recall someone playing a wonder game against us and wearing hockey boots on a frosty pitch.....at night....and then we...
  16. L

Possibly. Things are in a bit of a muddle at the moment. Though Colin Morris did play for Blackpool against us in November 1981 on a Tuesday night, (he said grabbing straws with a sea-side theme).
  17. L

Is my memory correct? I seem to remember watching Colin Morris playing for Plymouth in a night game at the Lane, it was a frosty night and he was wearing hockey boots. He was ace. We then signed him. Maybe?
  18. L

3rd car up from the lamp post, Dutton Sierra.
  19. L

More motoring hi jacking I'm afraid, inspired by his Bertship's newspaper adds.
  20. L

I would like to change my spotting from the Giulietta to the Alfa 33. I would also like to dismiss my earlier enthusiasm for the GX5 variant of the Santana, it is a mere 4 cylinder LX. Alfa 33, what do you think?
  21. L

I would like to change my spotting from the Giulietta to the Alfa 33. I would also like to dismiss my earlier enthusiasm for the GX5 variant of the Santana, it is a mere 4 cylinder LX. Alfa 33, what do you think?
  22. L

Ah but, no but. The Ambassador ("Y" reg) has a wee spoiler thing below the bumper and the indicators wrap around more. The Alfa doesn't have any body showing below the bumper and that looks like an Alfa wheel. Giulietta would be my shout as well.
  23. L

The Santana looks like it could be the GX5 sporting the 5 cylinder motor. I should coco, is there a better opening to any song in the world, ever, than "New Rose"? Possibly "Neat, Neat, Neat"?
  24. L

I would tend to agree with benn5712 with the Alfa spotting. We also have a Peugeot 305 and a very rare VW Santana.
  25. L

I worked there when it was owned by Gordon Lamb with Saab, Daihatsu and BMW motorbikes franchises. I was a spanner monkey in the service department. The car park was on a rather steep slope and it wasn't unusual to have a "run away" Saab if the car had been driven hard and the keys left in the...
  26. L

Vauxhall Viscount closest to us.
  27. L

I was almost convinced it was the Austin 8, the number plate is the original picture is below the bumper like the A 70 but the back wings don't look like the A 70. I think it's an Austin 8 (whatever one of those is).
  28. L

Not a Pilot it has too many windows. 1960's to 90's I'm your (sad)man.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom