Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Dutch Blade

Darblade/Ainsley Harriott RIP

Condolences to you and your family. Stay strong.
  2. Dutch Blade

Match Thread West Ham United v. Sheffield United - 30th September 2023

If we can stay out of the physical duels this midfield should dominate the midfield of WHU.
  3. Dutch Blade

Early leavers

Nope.
  4. Dutch Blade

Early leavers

Happened to me yesterday with Ajax - Feyenoord. After 0-3 in 40 minutes and firework on the pitch (already the second delay of game) we left the stadium, because we assumed that 'fans' would throw fireworks again after the game would continue. Came home, turned on the TV and second half was 5...
  5. Dutch Blade

Player Suggestion Anwar El Ghazi

Please no, I have seen him last season in the Eredivisie quite often and he really is not as explosive as he used to be and regularly struggled against very poor squads in the Eredivisie. Shouldn't waste money on this.
  6. Dutch Blade

Match Thread Sheffield United v. Everton - 2nd September 2023

Definitely some positives, but defense is still so fragile. Everytime Everton was on our half it looked like they were about to create a chance.
  7. Dutch Blade

CONFIRMED James McAtee - on season-long loan

Ajax seems to be out on McAtee, at least reliable Dutch media is reporting that a defensive midfielder from Norway will be the only incoming transfer for Ajax today/tomorrow.
  8. Dutch Blade

CONFIRMED Luke Thomas - Season Long Loan

Very solid player, would be great!
  9. Dutch Blade

Gone Elsewhere Georges Mikautadze

According to reliable Dutch media, other suitors for Mikautadze were Lyon, Rennes, Spurs and some team from the Serie A. No mention of Sheffield United.
  10. Dutch Blade

Gone Elsewhere Georges Mikautadze

Looks like he's off to Ajax. Funny to see for me how Ajax and Sheffield United are battling for a lot of the same players.
  11. Dutch Blade

The 23/24 “how did we fare against them last time” thread

Given that going off to the last few seasons, getting 36 points looks like it will be enough to stay up we only need to do the following: Win at home against: Everton, Bournemouth, Brentford, Luton, Fulham, Burnley, Forest, Villa Win away against: Fulham, Luton, Brentford Draw at home against...
  12. Dutch Blade

Am i allowed to say we did alright tonight?

We did alright but we still need quality if we want our out work everyone on the pitch ethic will result in points.
  13. Dutch Blade

Match Thread Nottingham Forest v. Sheffield United - 18th August 2023

Let's fight and get away with a result, 0-1.
  14. Dutch Blade

Player Suggestion Sydney van Hooijdonk

That was before my time, but that does not surprise me one bit lol. He is currently suspended as an TV analyst because last week he accused someone of dirty practices without any proof on national TV.
  15. Dutch Blade

Player Suggestion Sydney van Hooijdonk

Please no. Terrible player, and at NAC he did not handle it very well when he was (rightfully) benched and even got his dad involved in a argument with the coach.
  16. Dutch Blade

Gone Elsewhere Chuba Akpom

Timing of the news also makes a lot of sense. I was at the Ajax game saturday, and Brobbey missed like 3 100% chances and every time he missed a chance Sven Mislintat (our sporting director) was shaking his head in absolute disbelief lol. Probably caved in to every demand of Akpom en Boro after...
  17. Dutch Blade

First Team Squad (post-retainedgate)

We need at least 3 PL ready players (on loan), one for each line (except GK). I would rather invest all our budget in 3 quality players and hope some other players can step up, then signing 7/8 players with a lot of question marks that might not even be better than the players we currently have.
  18. Dutch Blade

Seemingly random flag at Saturday’s game…

Very late reply apologies (laptop got broken), but no unfortunately I was not there haha. I do know that Sheffield United gained some popularity in the Netherlands the last years, but never knew GAE fans are actively having a friendship connection with us.
  19. Dutch Blade

John Egan

Egan is not perfect, but he's a key part of our defense and one of the best defenders in the Championship. Selling him at the last day of the window would be a massive blow for our promotion chances. Still 2 year on his deal, so no reason to sell unless some team offers 20+ million.
  20. Dutch Blade

Outgoing? SANDER BERGE ON WAY OUT ?

According to a (in general) trustworthy newspaper in Belgium, Brugge offered 15 million Euros + add ons and we rejected that offer. Reckon they can up their bid to about 20 millions + add ons if they really want him.
  21. Dutch Blade

Incoming? Crysencio Summerville

He used to be a bit of a hot-head as a youth player (got into an argument with a team mate at Feyenoord, and made his brother beat that team mate up) but he matured a lot as far as I can tell from his interviews with The Netherlands U-21. As far as talent goes, he was one of the biggest Dutch...
  22. Dutch Blade

Match Thread Sheffield United v. Fulham - 7th May 2022

If this was FIFA Fulham should ragequit right now lol
  23. Dutch Blade

Match Thread Sheffield United v. Fulham - 7th May 2022

It could get crazy if we're tied and Boro have a close lead. Hopefully we play our best game of the season and beat Fulham fair and square.
  24. Dutch Blade

Trigger Warning - Play-Offs

As far as I know not a lot. I do know that wednesday is more popular in The Netherlands, they even have a sort of fanclub. I think after our PL season in which we competed for the European spots, we gained at least some sort of popularity with the younger generation, but before that none of my...
  25. Dutch Blade

Trigger Warning - Play-Offs

If will probably go to Sheffield somewhere during April to visit a regular game, but if we're making the play-off final I will fly over again to go to Wembley if I can get a ticket haha. To answer OP: With the current standing, I actually think we would have the best odds of everyone. Still...
  26. Dutch Blade

Outgoing? Baldock

It depends on what Baldock wants obviously, because if he wants out it's hard to keep him. But if he wants to be here, I wouldn't sell him unless it's 10+ million. It's so hard to find competent full backs.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom