Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. dc_blade

24/25 Season Tickets

If the cap fits... ;)
  2. dc_blade

What's happened with Ampadu

I'm not sure I buy the lack of effort stuff with Ampadu. It seems to me to be the easy explanation on which a lot of fans rely to explain disappointing performances--the other classic one is "he's not fit." I can see it with Souza to some extent but overall it's massively overused, for me...
  3. dc_blade

What's happened with Ampadu

A player can look crap in one situation (although he was never as bad for us as some made out) but do really well in a different situation.
  4. dc_blade

Luton’s fight

Came here to post what Houston_Blade said. Wilder got us to 9th in the PL and at one stage had us looking like we might get into Europe. Luton are nowhere near that level. It’s a sign of how much the division has changed even in 4-5 years that we’re now cooing over plucky little Luton. By...
  5. dc_blade

Brewster

It doesn't say a huge amount, no. But I'll take scraps of positives where I can find them this season. As an all-round striker's performances I think it was the best we've seen this season: getting in shooting positions, getting in behind, holding the ball up, linking play, giving defenders some...
  6. dc_blade

Brewster

Today he turned in our best centre forward performance of the season by quite a long way. He’s quick and quite strong and he can shoot. He’s also not bad when he drops a bit deeper. I hope he starts the next game.
  7. dc_blade

It is time to make a change in the recruitment department.

I’m not sure it did change that much. They went from signing the best players in League One and League Two (with a preference for guys who had come through the academies of big teams but had something to prove) to signing the best players in the Championship.
  8. dc_blade

Commendable long-term thinking, possibly made easier by the benefit of hindsight, but I don’t think many of our fans would’ve shared that view
  9. dc_blade

Who would we have on the bench, though? More: if the owner had said this summer (or any summer previously) “we won’t he signing any players this window as we’re developing the scouting infrastructure” there would be the meltdown of all meltdowns on here. Fans want results now. The simple...
  10. dc_blade

Fair point re: Watford. But they also highlight some of the dangers: they bought players from all over and have sold a few for a decent profit but in the process have failed to build a competitive team of their own and are now stuck in the Championship. Contrast that with Wilder/Knill/Mitchell...
  11. dc_blade

Joao Pedro was Brighton’s record signing at a cool 30 million—about 50% more than we’ve ever paid for any player. I dare say his wages are probably far outside our budget, too—they may even have been outside our budget when he was at Watford. I’d like to see a refresh of our recruitment...
  12. dc_blade

How do football bans work,anyone been banned before?

For what it's worth, it's nothing like either of the things you mentioned. Although I do agree that it's factually incorrect.
  13. dc_blade

CONFIRMED Ivo Grbic signs for the Blades

No, Transnistria is a chunk of Moldova populated by Russian-speaking people. It has been trying to secede and I believe is currently occupied by the Russian army. Moldova as a whole was a Romanian-speaking province of the Russian Empire and then the Soviet Union.
  14. dc_blade

Quite a coincidence that he ended up in a town with so many goths, right?
  15. dc_blade

Just to add to the confusion, Moldovans are basically Romanians who got stuck in the Russian Empire.
  16. dc_blade

Playing from the back

Our current group of players probably aren't good enough to do it against Premier League opposition, although Wilder seems to be encouraging them to have more faith in themselves to play football in tight spaces--under Hecky it was either stand stock still and pass backwards and sideways or...
  17. dc_blade

Playing from the back

The thinking is that you concede more goals by hoofing it long and constantly giving up possession than you do by playing from the back, even though in the latter system you will concede some that look like spectacular fuck ups.
  18. dc_blade

Outgoing? Andre Brooks

They’d be better off monitoring Bofa
  19. dc_blade

Vardy

Noted forum liar in telling lies shock.
  20. dc_blade

CW v Hecky

We are miles better under Wilder. The results probably haven't reflected just how much better we have been but I think everyone can see it. I don't think we'd have stayed up even with Wilder from the beginning of the season but we would have given a better account of ourselves. We've no chance...
  21. dc_blade

That's why McBurnie starts ahead of osula

McBurnie's footballing intelligence, decision-making, and link-up play are streets ahead of Osula . . . which is to be expected, given how much more football he's played. Osula has all the tools to be a top player but he could do with watching McBurnie a bit and learning how to bring his...
  22. dc_blade

They did fight each other as well, though, with atrocities committed on both sides. Albeit they were mostly allies against the Serbs.
  23. dc_blade

Troy Deeney

Not sure Deeney has much to teach either of them about management though.
  24. dc_blade

Jebbison Mystery

Developing young players to sell at a profit to fund the running of the club? It’s absolute madness, isn’t it? Never catch on.
  25. dc_blade

Mcburnie

A few contracts being signed now. Is this a case of Wilder having delivered a kick up the arse in the right quarters? A condition of him returning to the club? Or just the usual process playing itself out?
  26. dc_blade

CONFIRMED Mason Holgate

I would give him a chance and make a judgment based on what he produces for us. But . . . Only good enough to warm the bench for Championship Southampton. Haven't we been down this road before? Quite recently? And: we've been linked with Holgate before. Is this the third or fourth time...
  27. dc_blade

Grbic, get out the way Sometimes they just write themselves
  28. dc_blade

#wildersbrexitblades

Bad memories of our journey from League One to ninth in the Premier League?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom