Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Eddiecolquhounsleg

Can we break a 40-year-old record?

I think Sean Thornton has cornered the market for baby unicorns, but I’ve got some magic beans for a reasonable rate. PM if interested.
  2. Eddiecolquhounsleg

McBurnie

Gaini Blade 1985
  3. Eddiecolquhounsleg

var UPDATE includes easter for and against totals

So if the original decisions that went for us were wrong, and were corrected by VAR, why is that a minus? Surely if the correct decision has been made by VAR it is status quo?
  4. Eddiecolquhounsleg

Can someone explain the offside rule please?

You quote it If you want. The ball doesn’t only have to go forward for you to be offside. I’ll leave it there. The rest of you can continue the debate if you want.
  5. Eddiecolquhounsleg

We could go on all day like this, but no it doesn’t. The failure to understand the basic rules of football on this forum beggars belief. Some of the utter drivel I’ve read on this thread (other than it beimg WUMs) makes me despair.
  6. Eddiecolquhounsleg

No it doesn’t. It really doesn’t.
  7. Eddiecolquhounsleg

I wish I had a pound for every time the offside rule has been explained on this forum. I think some of our supporters have got the attention span of a goldfish. Souza was running back from an offside position (and interfering with play) when he touched it to McB. Correct decision, unfortunately.
  8. Eddiecolquhounsleg

24/25 Season Tickets

No. I’m saying that playing the under 23s is no reason for not buying a season ticket. I don’t watch the under 23s so I don’t know who will make it or not, but I would still watch them as, by definition, they would be in the first team squad. If they’re good enough, they’re old enough.
  9. Eddiecolquhounsleg

24/25 Season Tickets

I expect Manchester United fans had the same thought when they had to watch that early 90s team containing their Under 23s, Beckham, Butt, Giggs, Scholes and Gary and Phil Neville.
  10. Eddiecolquhounsleg

Tim Robinson Ref > Blades v Fulham

I suspect we could still manage to lose the game 2-0.
  11. Eddiecolquhounsleg

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Arsenal

Seeing as we kick off at 8, then I suppose you’re right.
  12. Eddiecolquhounsleg

Song for kick off time until Arsenal score

Much like your avatar, you need your bumps felt.
  13. Eddiecolquhounsleg

Man U game postponed

Anybody who can read all the threads and forums every day needs a sainthood, or a certification of sanity.
  14. Eddiecolquhounsleg

Man U game postponed

Thanks for the info. Like a lot of others I don’t read every thread on every forum every day.
  15. Eddiecolquhounsleg

Can we get to 23 points?

Yes. But I am always wrong (so Mrs ECL says) so no.
  16. Eddiecolquhounsleg

Mason Holgate racist abuse

It think Redknapp only needs to look at the history of Liverpool to see what a ‘scandalous’ tackle is. For reference I give him Graham Souness and Tommy Smoth.
  17. Eddiecolquhounsleg

our rubbed out goal by VAR

I hope this now settles the argument. Osborn was offside throughout and was correctly called offside by the end of the VAR review. I just wish we could all hear these dicussions as they are happening so that the fans are included and not left speculating as to what happened on the pitch.
  18. Eddiecolquhounsleg

What VAR does for SUFC

If you look at it again I would say it deflected back towards goal off the back of the defender‘s head. It wasn’t a deliberate action so Osborn is offside. Notwithstanding that element, Osborn was offside from the first head down so irrespective of whether the ball came back to him off a...
  19. Eddiecolquhounsleg

What VAR does for SUFC

You cannot be played onside by a deflection. That’s always been the case. It’s not new. If the defender had passed the ball towards the goal that would be a different matter. In this case Osborn was offside from the initial head down, and remained offside. The only matter to cloud the issue was...
  20. Eddiecolquhounsleg

CONFIRMED Ben Brereton Diaz signs on loan

Maybe nothing more than catching a reasonably close Premier League match with a relegation rival while injured and not involved with first team duties.
  21. Eddiecolquhounsleg

McBurnies Arms

Yes. That sounds familiar. The bottled beer I was thinking of was Double Maxim.
  22. Eddiecolquhounsleg

McBurnies Arms

Used to drink loads of that when I lived in Sunderland more than 50 years ago. It was sold in Vaux brewery pubs to rival Newcastle Brown, but on tap, rather than bottle. Vaux also did a bottled beer, but can’t remember its name. Too many pints under the bridge 😀
  23. Eddiecolquhounsleg

Where do you sit?

Looking at your avatar, would you be giving them bulldog clips?
  24. Eddiecolquhounsleg

100% Rival Distribution

Firstly, commiserations for having to work in Leeds. Secondly 100% Wednesday.
  25. Eddiecolquhounsleg

Stadium Development

At Liverpool, the sun shines out of Klopp’s arse, so the consideration of the ‘right to light’ for properties surrounding the ground does not come into the equation.
  26. Eddiecolquhounsleg

Visiting Brighton fans.

I don’t want this to get over complicated, but strangers coming to the city may not know that cars are exempt from the Clean Air Charge. I am just saying that on the Council website you can check whether your vehicle (car, van, lorry) is liable to, or exempt from the charge. From driving down...
  27. Eddiecolquhounsleg

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Brighton

Having read the comments I had to look at the fixtures again, and it’s definitely Brighton we are playing and not Prime Man City. Jeez, ’Parking the bus’ and ‘ Brighton’ are not words I would expect to see in the same sentence.
  28. Eddiecolquhounsleg

Visiting Brighton fans.

Yes, but the OP says he’s coming with six others meaning he might be in a van, or a light goods vehicle which do come under the regulations.
  29. Eddiecolquhounsleg

Visiting Brighton fans.

Bladeloyal talks about your vehicle being ‘uzel ‘ approved. This is not a weird South Yorkshire sexual practice but a Clean Air Zone. Search Sheffield Clean Air Zone and you can input your car registration and it will tell you whether there is a charge for taking your vehicle into the centre of...
  30. Eddiecolquhounsleg

Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

Clearly the card was printed by a future Wednesdayite 😀

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom