Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. M

System Next Season

I really don't think our squad is well adapted to playing with wingers, or with only 1 striker. Who would you play on the wings? Bogle in a 4-4-1-1 could do a job, but I don't think it's his natural position. Osborn on the left? Maybe, but I don't see him running at players down the line and...
  2. M

Complete overhaul needed

I thought Stevens played well today. I've seen a lot of people writing him off, understandable given that he's had a bad season, but was one of our best players for near enough two years before that - I'm not convinced he's finished yet.
  3. M

Should Wilder have been here next season…

Norwich were dreadful last year, and have bossed the league this year, without a change of manager. With Wilder, we might've started next season slowly while morale adjusted, but I would've backed us to get the playoffs at least. Now - I'm not confident, tbh
  4. M

If You’re Watching Chris

Wrong. We've never looked like losing by 5+ under Wilder, or even 4+ - how many matches did we even lose by 3 under Wilder since we got to the PL? 2? 3? To blame Wilder for how inept we've been today is folly
  5. M

Worst performance of the season

I dunno, I think this second half has been quite a bit worse, especially at the back
  6. M

Match Thread Sheffield United v. Tottenham Hotspur - 17th January 2021

Annoying else finding the co-commentator (who sure who it is) really irritating?
  7. M

Plus points

The fact that Wilder (early in the game, seeing the usual formation wasn't working) decided to switch to something akin to the 3412 we played in the Championship and L1 is a big plus, I think. Didn't last long, because of the red, but I thought we looked livelier and more likely to create in...
  8. M

Keeping Wilder means accepting relegation

I don't think a period of poor performances demonstrates that the manager can't get the players to perform well again in the (nearer the better) future; and I'm also not remotely convinced there's any manager available to us who would get substantially more out of the players, or safeguard the...
  9. M

Keeping Wilder means accepting relegation

If we sack Wilder, we'll most likely do down anyway, and then spend another decade plus outside the PL. If we stick with Wilder, through his roughest patch, we'll give ourselves the best chance to go back up if/when we get relegated. I'd give Wilder to January 2022 minimum
  10. M

How long has he got

He's not great, but he's a young keeper with decent potential and I don't think dropping him will help much
  11. M

Bad Luck Thread .

Strongly disagree with Lawro here, Meslier has been really impressive when I've seen him, except when Leeds were thrashed by Palace. Think he'll be at a top European team within 4/5 years tbh. That said, he did probably have his best game against us, so still annoying...
  12. M

FWIW I'd go 4-3-1-2

Like the look of this - same as the OP, I haven't been an advocate for changing the formation, but we do need to create more chances and this formation looks well set up to do that, I think
  13. M

Potential Line up v West Ham

Because he's so far started in games where he hasn't been able to get the ball - in a game where we might get more possession and create more chances (at least compared to the last 3) he deserves a shot to see what he can do - otherwise Wilder starting him in the last 3 was pointless
  14. M

If we were to change formation... what would best suit our current squad?

I don't really think we have the personnel to play with wingers, and any wingerless formation other than our current 352 (or a 3412) would involve a detrimental lack of width. We need a creative spark, for sure, but I do like the idea of what Wilder wanted to try today with Stevens at LCB and...
  15. M

Is it time to change the manager?

We could go down without winning a game all season and I'd still want Wilder in charge next season
  16. M

United 0 Wolves 2 - report

McBurnie won more aerial duels than any other player, in any position, in the league this weekend, with 13. Andy Carroll was second with 12, Scott Dann third with 11, and nobody else won more than 6. If by "grafter" you're only thinking of players who run the channels or excel at rapid...
  17. M

United 0 Wolves 2 - report

I thought McBurnie was terrific in the air, won plenty of battles against difficult opponents, but we don't win enough second balls for my liking (or make enough of it when we do)
  18. M

Basham's run v Man City

(12 seconds in) - outrageous!
  19. M

S24SU.com Fantasy Football League - 2019/20 Season

Prince is genuinely fanatical about FPL. Has been on multiple podcasts, was telling doubters a few weeks in that McBurnie would get 10 goals before the end of the season - didn't quite materialise, unfortunately, but hopefully this season it will!
  20. M

Early League Predictor

16th seems very low for a Leicester side with a midfield trio of Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison, while 12th seems very high for a Newcastle side with the worst underlying metrics in the league - but stranger things have happened!
  21. M

Early League Predictor

Without putting too much thought into, I'll go for: Man City Liverpool Man Utd Spurs Arsenal Chelsea Southampton Leicester Wolves Everton West Ham Sheff Utd Leeds Brighton Burnley Aston Villa West Brom Crystal Palace Fulham Newcastle
  22. M

Gone Elsewhere Matty Cash

I think Baldock's a better defender than Doherty (Wolves' right wing back), but Doherty is much more dangerous going forward from what I've seen - always pops up in the penalty area, gets enough chances that he should be scoring more than the 4 league goals he's scored in each of the last 4...
  23. M

Player Suggestion Jack Stacey

He's a decent height, so I wonder if he could cover Bash as well as Baldock?
  24. M

Remaining fixtures place 4 till 10: Road to Europe

This has been a wonderful watch. Beat Leicester on Thursday and the gap's down to 2 points! Huge ask, but certainly possible - the CL dream is not dead yet
  25. M

At our lowest point who was the worst player you wanted us to sign out of desperation?

Both pretty good Championship players, Dack especially, definitely not the worst we've been linked with!
  26. M

Listen On Repeat!

If (big if) we were to beat Chelsea and Leicester were to lose at Bournemouth, we'd go into the match at Leicester knowing a win would bring us to within 2 points of them - and they have to play Spurs and Man Utd in their last two... 8 points is probably too big a gap to bridge, but definitely...
  27. M

Erm... Harry Kane's goal?

It's not utter nonsense, it's the current rule. If you think the rule itself is nonsense, that's another discussion, but nothing to do with the ref, lino or VAR
  28. M

Erm... Harry Kane's goal?

Kane being offside for the ball to Son is irrelevant because he isn't active in that phase of play, under the current rules. There are goals scored reasonably frequently where a player is a yard or two offside (but inactive) in one phase and finishing the move in the next
  29. M

Stevens

I do think he was a little slow to react, but you're right that there should have been a man (Norwood/Fleck) tracking Ceballos, and there wasn't. And Deano didn't cover himself in glory with leaving the near-post open either
  30. M

Match Thread Sheffield United v. Arsenal - 28th June 2020

Have they? It's been so long I can't remember them last starting together!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom