Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. J

Why are you still going to the games?

Because I’ve got a season ticket and go with my old man. Been leaving fairly early, never really left before FT before this season but once they’re about 4 down I’ve usually had enough. I just feel obliged to actually turn up, because they’re who I support. Will be renewing, last time we didn’t...
  2. J

That's why McBurnie starts ahead of osula

Think Osula was unlucky to be hooked but McBurnie did his job when he came on. Personally rate both of them. Might be in minority re McB but hope they're both here next season
  3. J

40 to 1

I’ll offer 41/1
  4. J

Referee

Yeah lol, one on other side a bit earlier looked very similar. I can forgive the mistakes like the corner because it is hard in real time from certain angles, but there seems to be no consistency with how much wrestling is or isn’t allowed.
  5. J

Referee

Between him and the two linesmen it looked like nobody actually wanted to make a decision. That one where the defender had his arm fully round McBurnie’s neck and ref and the linesman just stood staring at it was appalling. Also not sure what the fuck the ‘fouls’ were for when their players held...
  6. J

The Great Escape

I think we certainly can, I’m not sure we do. 5 games ago, maybe, but think it’ll be a step too far even with a resurgence. As always, very happy to be wrong!
  7. J

Which season made you lose interest the most?

The seasons when we look like we’ve got no chance of winning games, so this (from between Newcastle to Wolves game) and the covid relegation season. I can accept I support a middling team (who’ve had more successes than failures since I started supporting them in the late 90s), but the fun about...
  8. J

Second on MOTD

Clear penalty, Baldock is lucky he can still walk. Roll on Brighton.
  9. J

Archer’s goal

Brilliant finish. Shame McBurnie is out, they seem to play very well together and is the kind of partnership we need up front
  10. J

Wilder by the looks of it

Would I support him if he becomes our manager? Yes. Do I have any interest in the rumours of him becoming our manager? No
  11. J

Mail Sport: Sheffield United consider move to bring Chris Wilder back as manager

There's absolutely zero chance this is anything other than the Daily Mail just making something up for a bit of engagement.
  12. J

'Premier League corrupt as f**k'

Yeah, it seems to mean "arms extended" when they want to give the penalty and it means whatever they want it to mean when they don't want to give a penalty. But your arms being extended, especially when you're moving, around is hardly "unnatural".
  13. J

'Premier League corrupt as f**k'

Show me a single person that would attempt a sliding block / tackle and not extend their arms outwards to break their fall. Premier league referees also think it's "unnatural" to swing your arms while jumping.
  14. J

Referee

Can't help but feel the league is stacked against teams like us when you see refereeing performances like that. City should be, and probably are, good enough to win without every decision going their way. The Osula one sums it up, fuck knows what he's seen, there's no chance Haaland gets booked...
  15. J

Queues today

Rarely get one in the ground anyway because it's a faff and a rip off, didn't yesterday but my first thought with those cups is there's gonna be some half pints poured as full ones. Can't see a reason for it unless the intention is to rip people off. Also wonder how many 330ml bottles of...
  16. J

Who is right & who is wrong?

I'm right.
  17. J

23/24 season kit thread

Don't overly care, as the sponsor could be "we're shit" for me as long as they pay the most. That being said "Credit Financier Invest" does sound like the name you'd make up if put on the spot about your fake company
  18. J

CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

Very good player, one of the best I've ever seen play for us, and ultimately the club have fucked up with the contract. But if he doesn't wanna be here then he doesn't want to be here. 1 and a half good seasons in the championship make him little more than a good player that played for us, akin...
  19. J

Championship's dirtiest teams

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/the-championships-dirtiest-teams-heres-where-sheffield-united-huddersfield-town-middlesbrough-hull-city-and-rotherham-united-rank-4142754 Third apparently by cards, narrowly losing out to Preston and Swansea. Love it. I don't think we're kick you...
  20. J

New promotion shirt

Like it, tried to get it as I rarely buy shirts but it was sold out 10 minutes after posting. Is there some significance to the 620 number I've missed? Seems an strange number.
  21. J

Post promotion games

Just went and watched the highlights of it. Made me a bit sad seeing JoC flying about! Great day(s).
  22. J

Warnock & Huddersfield

I like Warnock and think the game would be duller without him. Yes, he loves the sound of his own voice (that commentary he did vs QPR was infuriating), but overall I find him amusing and think he's one of, if not the best at what he does in the championship. Plus the Warnock years were my...
  23. J

Trophy for 2nd Place ?

It's the same one they've been getting for winning the playoffs for ages. Who cares?
  24. J

Daniel Jebbison

Best I've seen him imo. Know it's getting carried a way a little but it he can look that dangerous as a sub next season he deserves some minutes. If he isn't going to he deserves a loan move.
  25. J

Roy's View From... Pre-match View From Preston

I think the players won't have helped themselves with their preparation for this (as is their right after winning promotion), but part of me thinks they won't want to lose this football game as a matter of personal pride, much like any other.
  26. J

How should we approach the last 3 games?

Sharp, Bash and Fleck at home.
  27. J

To the ‘fans’ leaving early

How many blades points is it worth that I can see myself in that and there's photo evidence I was still there after the final whistle? Personally I don't leave matches early but don't overly care what anyone else does.
  28. J

Wembley photobox.

There's fair criticisms of Wembley (getting there, the accoustics) but as a stadium it absolutely wows me every time you step out to see the pitch.
  29. J

4 points needed

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom