Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Beans

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Burnley

I still find it slightly mad that he got a contract at a Championship club that summer! Absolutely fair play to him and all the best but I thought he'd be dropping a league, maybe even two.
  2. Beans

For the goal itself yeah but I'd say that the reason anonymous Burnley commenter thought that Benson played so well overall was because of the man who was generally trying to stay with him. Someone's bumped Deadbat's report from that day actually and he gave Enda a 3.5 out of 10 in a match we...
  3. Beans

Was also up against the ghost of Enda Stevens that day. I know we're not exactly blessed at LWB at the minute but the level Enda was at then should be a clearable bar for whoever we trot out.
  4. Beans

BladesPod - latest episodes

Eyup S2, New pod is out, Roygbiv and I didn't see the Brentford game so get your in-depth discussion around that game elsewhere - we did however get some feelings off our chest about the news that the Blades will start next season on -2 points after an EFL sanction over late payments. We do...
  5. Beans

Statistics League top scorer as a percentage of team goals

Not making the podium but Ched Evans is another, 35 out of 92 in 2011/12 = 38%. Creeps up to 38.8% if you include cup games (40 out of 103). Edit: gone down a rabbit hole here, if you draw a line in that season from the point where Evans got sent down, he scored 35 out of our 88 league goals =...
  6. Beans

It sometimes takes a little while to process, but I can see it there now - let me know if still nothing for you.
  7. Beans

Hi all, new pod with Roygbiv is out - reflecting on an excellent performance and result and an enjoyable afternoon overall against an expensive Chelsea side. We turn the spotlight of discussion onto Oli Arblaster and Ben Osborn in particular, before having a conversation about the start Ivo...
  8. Beans

Sunderland confirmed as 2nd lowest points in Premier League history

I think it's pretty likely that we break the 100 goals conceded mark from here regardless of who's in goal. I can't find the up-to-date odds but Bet365 had us at 11/10 to concede 101+ when we were on 72 goals conceded from 27 games. We're still on basically the same pace as that after 31 games...
  9. Beans

Grbic

It gets worse the more you look. The average post-shot xG of all the shots he's faced is the lowest in the league of any keeper to play meaningful minutes this season (36th out of 38 but the last two keepers have barely played). That essentially means that of all the shots on target when he's...
  10. Beans

What can be learned from this season?

I've just submitted (honest!) some writing to the Pinch on this very topic - the undercooked / be more organised point is one that sticks out to me. 108 days passed between clinching promotion against West Brom and kicking off against Crystal Palace, and we moved so slowly. Our first signing...
  11. Beans

Too long
  12. Beans

Considering I was at all of those apart from the covid ones, that was quite a brainfart. Thanks for the correction!
  13. Beans

Afternoon all, new pod is out - should say we decided not to do one last week given that it was an international break, we'd already done the "10 things we want to see before the end of the season" one and finding new ways to talk about how terrible we are seemed a bit unnecessary. Anyway...
  14. Beans

Top goalscorer / Assists

Not sure why, but that BBC page is actually only showing open play chances created (shot-creating actions, taken from FBref.com): Hamer does also have the most dead-ball chances created in the squad (15). He's in the top 50 of the Premier League in chances created from open play, level with...
  15. Beans

This is the one I was thinking of - presumably not the Jamie Ward sharing this: Feels weird that this is only 8 and a bit years ago, really. A lot's happened since then!
  16. Beans

Hello S2, Roygbiv and I just recorded a new episode looking at 10 things we want to see from United for the rest of this season (10 realistic things, settle down). Can we ruin someone else's season? Is one more home win too much to ask? Can anyone "do a Ramsdale"? And a few more - seven of them...
  17. Beans

New entrance music

18. Beans

Memorable free kicks at the lane

Loved that routine. We did it against Leeds in the FA Cup in 2003 (Robinson saved it), you can hear the Leeds fans giving it the "waheyyy" as Brown suddenly fires it in: Think James Beattie hit the post from a similar routine against Boro a few years later, also FA Cup (no idea why I can...
  19. Beans

Not seen that angle before, cheers. Looks even more like it’s going well over from here!
  20. Beans

Was a fantastic goal but not a freekick. 3-3 draw right? Brilliant game that That Eriksen one was unbelievable. I almost immediately went “ahhhhh” as I was convinced he’d hit it miles over and then it suddenly dipped in.
  21. Beans

Afternoon all, new episode here from me and Roygbiv talking about an entertaining draw at Bournemouth, Ivo Grbic actually getting the chance to make a few saves, Oli Arblaster's debut, and some other bits from that one. Then we discuss the new training centre news, Paul Mitchell's departure, and...
  22. Beans

Well for what it's worth, here's a brief-ish pod talking about last night with Roygbiv: I don't expect too many listens to this, unless you're an undercover Arsenal fan.
  23. Beans

Yep tomorrow hopefully. Don’t think it’ll be a long episode mind. And yes we both made it to full time, for what it’s worth 🫠
  24. Beans

Wolves 1 United 0 - report

Not hugely when looking at the shot locations - we didn’t really have anything central which are usually higher xG shots. As always xG isn’t at its most useful when looking at individual games. This McAtee chance was ostensibly a one on one so “feels” like a really good chance but he ended up...
  25. Beans

Afternoon all, apologies again for the delay for those who were waiting - Roygbiv and I are back to talk about Brighton (H), Wolves, (A), Arsenal (H - uhoh), Oliver Arblaster penning his new deal, and a few other odds and sods: Thanks for listening!
  26. Beans

They're both there already, hence my house resembling something from Resident Evil
  27. Beans

No. Not to bore people but seeing as you asked... this is our first winter of two kids instead of one and jesus christ have we noticed. 2024 has been an absolute shocker for me so far, my immune system has basically been this meme:
  28. Beans

Hello, sorry to anyone who was waiting for a pod this week - I've been absolutely obliterated by a stomach bug, the effects of which have served as a rather apt metaphor for Sheffield United's season. Roy's also been under the weather so we've just not been able to fit one in despite genuinely...
  29. Beans

Consistency - Back to Back results

The trouble is when you’re one of the worst teams in the premier league, a game against someone who is fairly crap is usually followed by a couple against someone who are much better. Like (checks fixtures) Brighton, Wolves and Arsenal!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom