Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. H

Japan Times Article

Feel like I should have been posting this, but didn’t see it at all! Nice spot! I can confirm, though, that the commentators are quite clued in to our style and are very complementary. There’s a few ex-pat Blades over here (would love to know of any more), but I recently found my first Blade...
  2. H

The last two 'Great' Blades teams - a comparison

The OP with some of the ideas from subsequent posts would make a cracking submission to the Dem Blades fanzine. Well done all round.
  3. H

BladesPod - Man City review

Listening happily on the train to work now. Cheers as always, fellas. *reckon the last penalty we conceded was Barnet in the cup. In the league, not sure, but might be Villa away at the end of 2017. Clayton Donaldson scored two for us and we drew 2-2. Villa’s first was an early penalty.
  4. H

Thanks Besic. Sons crying.

He was tidy on the ball. Probably our most accurate passer of the game. They were mostly short and safe passes, but we had a lot of trouble keeping the ball, so it was very welcome. Defensively, surprisingly I don’t think he did much, actually. No tackles and no interceptions (Norwood was poor...
  5. H

West Ham Goalie

After our goal, a couple of our fans right behind the goal appeared to be giving their goalie a bit of abuse. Was there a back story there (he played in our game with Millwall last year), just over exuberance, or was I seeing things?
  6. H

Besic

Cheers. Just watched it back from the 70th minute or so when Besic came on (albeit with a two-year-old crawling all over me...). I’ll stand by what I said a little bit. He gave away two free kicks in dangerous to dangerous-ish areas (the Lanzini free kick saved by Deano and the third Snodgrass...
  7. H

John Fleck...and we start the bidding at.....?

Poor first half from Fleck. Was more involved and more proactive in the second.
  8. H

Besic

I’ll watch it back, but I wasn’t quite as impressed on first viewing. I think he looks very decent and I’d be up for him playing a bit more, but I thought at times he was less composed in the attacking third and too hasty when sliding in.
  9. H

Blades players name pronunciations

Japanese commentator over here pronounces Basham as “Beshem”. I’m happy with that, though. After 10 years here, without a reliable way to watch games, it’s so great to be able to watch us regularly; they can mispronounce anything they want!
  10. H

Spare a thought for Mark Duffy

I don’t think I’ve seen everything from his Dad, but he has been at times fairly active on couple of popular Facebook pages. He can be quite argumentative, but in his defense, he’s got a load of idiots writing about how his son is a “money grabbing c***” and so on, so can understand him being a...
  11. H

The midfield 3

Fleck was incredible against Man City. Norwood was very good, too. Norwood was fantastic against Watford. I like Lunny’s runs. I agree it’s an area to strengthen, though, although I think we could add more competition to basically all positions.
  12. H

Wilder effect

Cranie was stretchered off against Wednesday early in the season and was out for over two months.
  13. H

Fleck, Norwood, Lundstram chant

Can tell things are going well when this is all you have! Merry Xmas, Pinchy!
  14. H

Brighton 0 United 1 - report

Cheers DB, perfect description of Freeman, I reckon. He looked good when he had the ball, some nice one touch passing, but needed to be involved much more.
  15. H

Looking for the McGoldrick article

Cheers! Haven’t seen that one before.
  16. H

That’s the one! Cheers for that! Much appreciated.
  17. H

Ah, cheers, but I’m after a different one. That’s a really nice one, but the one I read had a lot more stats to go with it. Had a table with our win percentage and a few other bits. Cheers, though, appreciated. UTB
  18. H

Sorry for this, but I read a fantastic article about McGoldrick and his value to the team. It had stats about his defensive work, about our winning % when he’s in the team, our greater attacking stats when he’s in the team etc. If anyone has the link, could you share it again? I’m currently...
  19. H

Lovely Norwood write up

“Whether he was pushing it in field, raking it across the pitch, or whipping towards that back post, it always made the same sound as it left the foot. Clip, clip, clip. Not the thud of a centre-half’s clearance but the clip of educated leather. It was a sharp noise, a pure and precise one.”...
  20. H

January transfer budget

Can only have two loan players at a time. And a maximum of four over the season, I think.
  21. H

January transfer budget

Can only have two loan players at a time in the Prem. And a max of 4 over the season, I think.
  22. H

Smash and grab at Goodison (BladesPod) - Everton review

Notification came up just as I was leaving the house. Perfect. Cheers as ever. I’m sure this has been asked a few times, but where do you guys usually get your advanced metrics from? Whoscored is decent, but would be keen to find more. They’re really useful when “discussing” with people on...
  23. H

Everton 0 United 2 - report/day out

Cheers as always DB. Essential post-win reading! Agree with most of it. Would probably mark Baldock down a 0.5 for his over-the-top reaction with Bernard. I love his style and commitment, but stuff like that is unnecessarily risking a red card. Apart from that, I though he was fantastic...
  24. H

I can’t help falling in love with you

Living abroad long term with few trips back (and even fewer loyalty points) means I rarely get to games. My last game was a dire 1-1 home draw against Rochdale. So, I’m not so updated on the new songs, and thought we might have lost a few of the old ones. Made me a bit emotional, though...
  25. H

Magnificent fans

Sorry, I’m not sure I’ve been very clear. It happens a lot! I feel like you’re disagreeing with a point I wasn’t trying to make. I totally understand that the Bin Laden family are legitimate business owners and do not support or condone terrorism. The point I was trying to make was that if one...
  26. H

Magnificent fans

I’m not offended particularly by the mask. I don’t particularly find it funny but I can appreciate the intention of the humor and spirit behind it. I also think if you’re wearing the mask of a guy that is held responsible for the most famous massacre of modern times, then you can probably...
  27. H

United 0 Southampton 1 - report

Cheers, as ever DB. Agree with a lot of it. A few thoughts to add. Was probably Lundstram’s poorest game this season. It was obviously Norwood’s error, but I also felt Lunny needs to be reacting quicker and coming towards the ball. He made at least two similarly poor passes that couldn’t have...
  28. H

Judas Priest - United

The Judas Priest one is heavily connected with the BBC documentary in my mind. It was perfect for that. Timing wise it would be a bit of a hard one to start, and as alluded to above, we don’t generally seem to do slower songs these days. Even GCB has sped up a lot. The “ooh” gets earlier every...
  29. H

United 1 Leciester 2 - report

Great report. Can’t disagree with much. I also somewhat harshly agree a bit on their first goal. We all know that Vardy is just going to smash it. I would have liked Hendo to be a few paces forward. I feel he gave him too much of the goal to aim at. Agree on Robinson, too. I just don’t think...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom