Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Bannerman

Can we have a Roy’s view from for the sexy new kits please?

Good for them. It's probably been explained elsewhere but what's with the weird USG logo? Can understand the blue being left off for aesthetic effect, and the blue represents Scotland anyway ( Bet Flecks gutted! ) but what's with the strange H in the middle of the Union flag?
  2. Bannerman

CONFIRMED 2019/2020 Kit Mega Thread

Yeah but if a short arse like Fleck tucks his shirt in the stripes are going to be in his shorts! Still you're right, we're moving in the right direction. 😀
  3. Bannerman

Those are only our little lads doing the modelling. When O'Connell and Egan put the shirt on it's going to look as if the badge is too near the middle.
  4. Bannerman

Home shirt looks decent and better than last years effort. That white back annoyed me, we looked like bloody Bolton when we turned around. Red back is a bit better but whats wrong with stripes? Now we're going to look like bloody Forest when turned around! Away strip very good, as Patrick said...
  5. Bannerman

Striking someone in the face. With the aim of causing death?

What if they've got huge oil reserves?
  6. Bannerman

2nd October 1971

My then fiancee ( now wife ) and I went with another couple. When we got to the turnstyle the guy let her through and closed it behind her! I pointed out that we were together and he let me in but our mates didn't make it. Years later I called in a pub in Conisborough purely by chance and was...
  7. Bannerman

CONFIRMED Major Sponsor unveiling - USG - Union Standard Group

Singing McCabes praises? If he wasn't singing Allez Allez Allez he can do one.
  8. Bannerman

CONFIRMED Major Sponsor unveiling - USG - Union Standard Group

Wouldn't work in Sheffield anyway. People still talk about Coles Corner which ( for any youngsters ) is opposite the cathedral, Coles moved from there to Barkers Pool in 1963! My seat is in the John Street stand and I've no chuffing idea what the sponsers name is so good luck trying to rebrand...
  9. Bannerman

Darlington 82 & Leicester 90

If we meet up some time before the match we'll have a couple :)
  10. Bannerman

For the mental anguish that we've been going through all these years. And for having what should have been one of our fondest Blades memories tarnished by association with finding something amusing about someone portraying a monster I feel that we deserve reparation. A pint should do it. ;)
  11. Bannerman

Unless there were other Blades dressed the same I remember you. At the time I also thought it was very amusiing. However, as Tunstall says we have all learned valuable lessons since those far off inconsiderate politically incorrect times. I too am both shocked and outraged at your thoughtless...
  12. Bannerman

Transfer Talk

Shame about that, it will mean that we need to spend more than we would have liked, but I'm confident that Wilder and Knill will know what's required. The problem being are they going to get the backing they deserve? If they do I think we are in with a better than average chance of staying up...
  13. Bannerman

Transfer Talk

The weather was as much to do with the outcome of the Spanish Armada as Drake was. Ever heard of the English Armada which took place afterwards to take advantage of the Spanish loss of ships and crew and establish English naval superiority for years to come? Drake was involved in that one too...
  14. Bannerman

Henderson

The worrying thing about this is the uncertainty it brings. When the Blades qualify for Europe next season how difficult will it be for the players and supporters to travel to Barcelona to fulfil our European Championship fixture the following year? Egan, Stevens and McGoldrick all have Irish...
  15. Bannerman

Glad to hear that, because quite frankly whilst Adolph might not have been the nicest guy in history I think his reputation didn't need further damage by association with referees. Ron on the other hand whilst not being my particular cup of tea. has enough good will to take the hit. He played...
  16. Bannerman

I was at the those games and have fond memories of both. At Darlington we were at the back of the stand and when we scored the second goal to secure the match I remember saying to my mate " Stop swinging on the rafter ", he asked " why? " And I replied as I swung past him " Because it doesn't...
  17. Bannerman

Was the ' police officer ' the one who got charged with impersonating an officer of the law when he was seen standing in the middle of the road directing Blades into a pub? Talk about a sense of humour failure! Anyone remember the ' referee ' who attempted to start the second half standing on...
  18. Bannerman

Mystery goalies gloves

Thanks for that. When you get older things don't work as well as they used to, that includes your memory. Usually that is annoying but ocassionally it can be a bit of a blessing. I'd forgotten about Lee Baxter until I read your post. Thanks a bunch.
  19. Bannerman

Quiz Question

Fair enough, I took the phrase ' some team called the Wednesday started at BDTBL ' to mean that that was where they were formed and it was their ground initially. I've heard a few of their fans claim that is the case and I've always corrected them.
  20. Bannerman

Quiz Question

May I just point out that The Wednesday Did Not start at Bramall Lane. The Lane was never their home ground, they played at Olive Grove and various other grounds and hired the Lane when involved in a big game where they needed more capacity. Spurs played a number of home league games at Wembley...
  21. Bannerman

Contactless Payment and poorly written posts

Well I'm in the same age group as Rod but actually I have to agree with you on this. Anyone over a certain age should try and act it a bit more. Nothing wrong with appearing on stage and singing if you have the talent but jigging about and acting like a twenty year old, forty years after you...
  22. Bannerman

Funny things you've overheard in the stands

When Gordan Lee was manager of Newcastle United and Malcolm McDonald was playing for them he informed McDonald in the dressing room with the other players present that he'd put in a good word with the Scottish FA about him and he may well be getting a call from them. McDonald pointed out that...
  23. Bannerman

Something not spoken but seen. Away game at Coventry, us away fans are positioned down one side from the goal line to about the halfway line. We were attacking the goal closest to us. Perfect position to judge offsides and with the linesman right in front of us. To say he was having a bad game...
  24. Bannerman

Once away at Oldham and one of their players was laid out injured for quite some time. After about three or four minutes one of our lads started playing the Last Post on his bugle, was that him? Loads of us stood to attention and saluted, it only seemed right.
  25. Bannerman

Todd Kane

I liked Richard Todd, he did even better with The Longest Day in that he actually took part in the real thing, being one of the first officers to parachute into France on D day and then played a part in the film of the event...
  26. Bannerman

The Blades and Your Birth Year

Apart from putting on a bit of weight Bob Paisley hardly changed!
  27. Bannerman

Thanks for that. The next time I meet up with my two Liverpool supporting cousins I shall point out to them that they owe one of their titles to the Blades. 🙂
  28. Bannerman

A claim to fame, and, as we lost, a truly Blade claim to fame :) . I've been told that the snow in the winter of 47 was unbelievable. So much so that snow was cleared from the streets and needed to be dumpted . One of the places used was the old quarry on Chesterfield Road where Homebase is...
  29. Bannerman

Technically speaking you are correct, but I have to say it's taking pedantry a little far in my opinion. Having said which I suppose that's the purpose of pedantry, so carry on. If you search for a list of Sheffield United managers from our foundation you will find John Nicholson on it, not...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom