Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. BladesOnToast

What would you realistically be happy with next season?

An FA Cup or League Cup semi final please, been a while since we had one of those
  2. BladesOnToast

Brentford 2 United 0 - report

Samir Carruthers leads by example...
  3. BladesOnToast

Beeb on the ball again - not

F**k me this is shocking. The things we have to put up with from the BBC. And some people say the Palestinians are having it tough at the moment
  4. BladesOnToast

Match Thread Brentford v. Sheffield United - 13th April 2024

Last 12 games, collectively of United and Brentford: P12 W0 D7 L5
  5. BladesOnToast

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Brentford

Wikipedia never lies, Vas
  6. BladesOnToast

Luke Faxon and Jay Tinsdale

That's a really good point, I'm happy to be corrected. Fantastic news about the contracts.
  7. BladesOnToast

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Brentford

If anything we're shrinking - Gus Hamer is 1cm shorter than Stefan "Sumo Throwee" Scougall
  8. BladesOnToast

Premier league Records

We beat Port Vale 10-0 away from home mate - the 4-0 was at the lane. Biggest away win of all time, of course - a record that we ourselves put at risk v Newcastle this season!
  9. BladesOnToast

Luke Faxon and Jay Tinsdale

Great news, but "pen to paper" never require 2 hyphens.
  10. BladesOnToast

Premier league Records

That season for sunderland is fascinating. At the halfway stage they weren't even in the relegation zone, and had beaten spurs and liverpool, and held the latter to a draw at Anfield. Second half of the season they managed 1 point in 19 games! It was Blades 2020-21esque as they lost a lot of...
  11. BladesOnToast

Premier league Records

I love a stat, but should point out that Sunderland's 20-game losing streak straddled 2 seasons. The longest losing streak within one Prem season is their 15-game fuckupfest in 2002-03. To put that in perspective, in our disastrous 2020-21 season the most we lost on the bounce was 8, and this...
  12. BladesOnToast

CONFIRMED Lys Mousset

Call me a woke snowflake if you like, but i'm sure the insane amounts of money sloshing around these kids doesn't help. Believe it or not, being a millionaire by your late teens might not necessarily be all that good for your happiness.
  13. BladesOnToast

Sunderland confirmed as 2nd lowest points in Premier League history

Even that woeful Derby side kept 3 clean sheets.
  14. BladesOnToast

Sunderland confirmed as 2nd lowest points in Premier League history

I heard most of the commentary from their match on Saturday and it was relentlessly sympathetic towards Burnley in a tone that you never hear regarding us. Also, from "Sutton's Predictions" from the BBC website relating to the past weekend's fixtures: "Fair play to the Clarets, whose run of...
  15. BladesOnToast

Roy's View From... View From Chelsea

"Library" jibes need updating anyways. Our local librarian told a parent who was constantly shushing her kids, that libraries nowadays are no longer silent zones, in a "modernizing" bid to encourage more families etc to use them and so that kids don't perceive libraries as stuffy and boring...
  16. BladesOnToast

United 2 Chelsea 2 - report

Having watched it back it looks like Trusty at fault for first goal?
  17. BladesOnToast

Cameron Archer MOTM

Those are averaged ratings from people who vote on the website. So in a sense, yes it is "lazy" reporting.
  18. BladesOnToast

What Wilder brings

3 mins on top of the 5 was nowhere near enough. 5 minutes injury time was announced before Robbo got injured. Approx 3 mins playing time was lost to Robbo's injury - so a minimum of 8 mins injury time should have been played. Then several mins more should have been played for VAR, subs, yellow...
  19. BladesOnToast

Grbic

In defence of Grbic... he... er... looks a bit like Vinnie Jones???
  20. BladesOnToast

Only 1 defeat in last 4

It's also the first game of the last seven that didn't feel like a defeat.
  21. BladesOnToast

Big Six

We all make mistakes. Just ask our 'keeper 😁
  22. BladesOnToast

Big Six

We've scored against all of the "big six" this season apart from Arsenal mate!
  23. BladesOnToast

Match Thread Chelsea v. Sheffield United - 7th April 2024

So 5 mins injury time called before Robbo held up play for 3 mins. Then a goal, VAR check, delay for Anel to get booked etc, and still whistle on 98mins? I wouldn't be complaining so much if 100+ mins matches weren't the norm these days... (when we're ahead but on the back foot)
  24. BladesOnToast

Pundits ?

Seeing as we're all so quick to slag off the shit pundits, time for some positivity: Stephen Warnock co-commentating on our match today, bloody outstanding, gave us the credit due (not that we've been due much this season) and was very knowledgeable about us in all aspects, top bloke.
  25. BladesOnToast

Rob Jones

Add BBD's yellow card in to that as well
  26. BladesOnToast

Premier League predictions: Chris Sutton v Def Leppard frontman Joe Elliott

Sutton's predictions off BBC website... 6 paragraphs about Chelsea and 1 about us. 216 words about Chelsea and 36 about us. Not even a token mention of our spirited performance at Anfield. I know I shouldn't expect any better but after the shitshow that was punditry on Thursday night this is...
  27. BladesOnToast

Team vs Chelsea

I have a feeling Grbic will start.
  28. BladesOnToast

Oliver Burke

Unbelievably - and inexplicably - this video features a photo (at 10:38) of a some of the fields on the Herefordshire farm where I live and work.
  29. BladesOnToast

Positives

Come Thursday, we'll have gone a calendar month unbeaten in all comps :oops: #unstoppableredandwhitearmy
  30. BladesOnToast

Blades Band Names

Ironside Maiden, with their 1990 hit single, "Bring Your Daughter... To Chris Porter"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom