Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Sandygate Blade

Who was last “proven” player we bought?

Got to be Ollie Norwood. Had proven Championship promotion experience.
  2. Sandygate Blade

United 0 Arsenal 6 - No match report

Can't disagree with any of that.
  3. Sandygate Blade

Match Thread Sheffield United v. Arsenal - 4th March 2024

We've never lost to Arsenal at BDTBL in the Premier league when crowds have been present. Let's keep that run going.
  4. Sandygate Blade

Five years since we played Wednesday

It was Easter Monday. I went with my Dad and we sat in their South Stand. Can't remember much of the match except that their Kop looked very red and white especially in the top corner.
  5. Sandygate Blade

Roy's View From... View From Brighton

“As individuals and as a club they are about to sink back to obscurity" This from a fan of a club that was playing in a Leisure centre 20 years ago. Once their rich owner has had enough they'll be back to obscurity.
  6. Sandygate Blade

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Brighton

Rushed to get second place. Now read comments. Another set of fans who have forgotten where they were a few years ago. Hope we stuff them on Sunday.
  7. Sandygate Blade

13 points

We've done it. Derby can keep their record. Nobody remembers who was second or third worst. I posted last week about getting to 12 points and calling it a day. New target let's get above Burnley and take it from there. Amazing what one good result does for the mood.
  8. Sandygate Blade

12 point target

Anyone else just want us to get past Derby's 11 point record and then call it a day for this season. Just feel so deflated after Saturday. I was all for aiming for specific targets and making small steps but now think once we've got past 11 points it should be all about preparing for next season.
  9. Sandygate Blade

Have you ever been more embarrassed to be a Blade?

I still think getting relegated to Division 4 back in 1981 was my worst moment of being a Blade especially as we were still in Division 1 in 1976. It was the culmination of a most desperate period of shit football in our history. This season has been bad but we're miles better than those dark...
  10. Sandygate Blade

The Great Escape

Let's just get to 12 points! Sorry to be negative, but small steps.
  11. Sandygate Blade

Wolves KO time

I'm still pissed off that Villa game moved to 17.30pm. Booked theatre trip to Lyceum with my Granddaughters thinking I'd still be able to go to Lane. Now having to miss a game.
  12. Sandygate Blade

Roy's View From... View From West Ham

Comments show what a horrible club they've become. No mention that we had the better chances. Totally classless.
  13. Sandygate Blade

Kop bogs - In and Out

This has wound me up for years, sometimes more than the fiasco on the pinch. Sort it out Prince
  14. Sandygate Blade

Ross Barkley

Hindsight is great. Barkley looked OK but could easy have been a failure such as Ravel Morrison and Rodwell. Or Tom Davies. Our mistake was being over sentimental and offering Fleck and Osborn one year contracts when it was clear we should have been saying thank you and good luck. Tied up much...
  15. Sandygate Blade

Bottom 3

The teams around will pick up points. What matters is that we continue to pick up points as well. Boxing Day against Luton is a real 6 pointer though to gain some momentum. There is a long way to go but I think we'll regret not replacing Hecky before the Bournemouth game.
  16. Sandygate Blade

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Villa

All the signs are there for an upset tonight. Long winning run at home for Villa. Blades only side in PL without an a win. We've not won at Villa Park in league since 1966. Just hope I'm right!
  17. Sandygate Blade

Six of the Best - The Best Performances Seen at The Lane

I think the goal was at Lane End rather than Shoreham. It was 1978 and on Wed of that week we played River Plate at the end. Hard to believe we got relegated to 3rd Division at the end of the season for the first time in our history.
  18. Sandygate Blade

2500th HOME LEAGUE FIXTURE

I remember the 2000th home game. It was against Bradford City in 2001 or 2002. I've still got the free enamel badge that the club gave away to commemorate the occasion. Pretty sure it was a 2 2 draw and was just after Bradford had come down from the Premier league.
  19. Sandygate Blade

David Powell

Very sad news. Another one gone from that early 70s era. Most people think of John Flynn as the centre half partner of Eddie Colquhoun bit if Dave Powell hadn't got injured in early 70/71 season it would have been a different story. A class defender. RIP
  20. Sandygate Blade

Would you re-new Season Ticket with Hecky still in charge? Yes? No? Etc?

It's in the blood. Been a journey since 1971. Plus when else would I get quality time with my 20 year old Grandson. I'm 64 now so you could say coming to the end of my regular Blades so would like us to be established in top division as we were when I started going.
  21. Sandygate Blade

Team v Burnley....

Burnley have lost 7 home games in a row. Enter Sheffield United. I'd go 442 but don't think it will happen. Wes Baldock, Anel, Trusty Robbo Bogle, Slimane, Hamer, Osborn McBurnie, Archer Bring Osula on after 60 min for Archer
  22. Sandygate Blade

United 1 Bournemouth 3 - Report

Great report Deadbat and says everything I wanted to post so saves me the bother. I suppose you could say my lack of application matches the teams effort yesterday. I can't accept the lack of effort as Bournemouth clearly wanted it more than we did. The only bright spot was Osula. He showed...
  23. Sandygate Blade

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Bournemouth

To be honest pretty fair comments. Very little self entitlement. They are punching above their weight. It is a must win for us. A draw would be a good result for them.
  24. Sandygate Blade

Darblade/Ainsley Harriott RIP

Very sad news. Remember Darblade from Bladesmad where he made some great posts. Condolences to his family.
  25. Sandygate Blade

Future fans

I know where you're coming from but I think this is more of an issue for our S6 neighbours the longer they are out of the Premier league. It's success like promotion that gets kids into becoming regulars. It's what started me back in 70/71. My Dad was a Blade so it was an easy for him to take me.
  26. Sandygate Blade

United 2 Wolves 1 - report

Good report as ever Deadbat. I do actually think that although still not great there was more effort in the first half. The McAtee substitution changed the game. We came out a different team in second half. I was shocked/surprised when Archer had the shot in first minute. Thankfully we kept...
  27. Sandygate Blade

Norwood's penalty

Best penalty at the Lane since John Pemberton winner against Blackburn, FA Cup Quarter final penalty shoot out in 1993.
  28. Sandygate Blade

Roy's View From... View From Wolves

It's amazing how they never saw their own players falling over all game and writhing in agony only to miraculously recover on the refs whistle. So very bitter.
  29. Sandygate Blade

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Wolves

Fair set of comments. Be interesting to see if Doyle plays as it will show what we could have had.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom