Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Burnley

“Muric should keep his place because I don’t think Trafford will be able to cope with the physicality that Sheff Utd will bring next week" Did Muric not play in the 5-2 ??
  2. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Arblaster

It's fine. They'll soon cotton on that it's A.I. generated and they've just stuck his head on some old footage of Norwood...... in fact as I type this an even better idea.......just alter the caption from Arblaster to Norwood and let the bidding war begin.
  3. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Everton

It's similar to the "random interpretation of rules generator" that differs from one week to the next on the field. Totally unsurprised by the shambolic (or is it ?) application of rules, laws and regulations in today's football.
  4. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Grbic

They don't, judging by the almighty bollocking Bogle gave him in the first half when he refused to take a ball that was his all day long.
  5. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Motd

It's just as well it's buried with the player ratings being as they are. Archer voted (I assume this is some sort of public vote than can be hijacked or just used by idiots ??) Utd's MOTM with Souza and McAtee also being in the top four of player ratings.
  6. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

New ballboy rule

The point of it is that it is now an entertainment product rather than sport, certainly at the top level. It's for the armchair fan sat at home not the supporters who attend. VAR, rule changes that are open to a different interpretation from one match to another and the encouragement of diving...
  7. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Blades Band Names

The Mock Ertls
  8. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Blades Band Names

Creedence Clearwater RevIFILL Jebbison Lake & Garner
  9. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

24/25 Season Tickets

As I often say to my son and daughter when they find it highly amusing when I'm flapping about with new tech......unfortunately I won't be around to see it happen to you two. Oh, and as it stands, online ST renewal keeps failing each time I put my details in for no apparent reason.
  10. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Luton

Take nothing away from them, they're making a better fist of it than us this season but their defence is really poor, evidenced by the fact that even we've managed to stick five past them this season and it should have been more at the Lane.
  11. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Memorable free kicks at the lane

Can you imagine the theatrics if that challenge went in these days.
  12. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Pressing

Does it bugger up other teams pressing stats when they play us, as in, we never really have the ball that much for them to try and get it back off us ?
  13. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Did COVID set us back years?

For me, losing O'Connell and not being able to replace him was our biggest failure. Our threat down the left seemed to disintegrate with the form of Stevens and Fleck falling off due to the lack of having O'Connell down there with them and whichever replacement not being able to do what he did...
  14. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

They played for both!

Bruce Rioch, played for us, managed Arsenal
  15. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers v. Sheffield United - 25th February 2024

2-1 Blades win, purely due to the fact I had a dream the other night that I walked in to a boozer at full time and the score was scrolling up on the TV screen. The fact that Wednesday had drawn 1-1 the same day kind of ruins it but I'm choosing to ignore that particular spanner in the works.
  16. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Wilder

Right. It's raining, I'm bored and have too much time on my hands....... Mason Holgate we don’t much rate Maxie Lowe’s a little bit slow Auston Trusty’s a little bit rusty Chris Wilder (Chris Wilder, Chris Wilder) Is a football man Chris Wilder is a football man A football man, a football...
  17. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Match Thread Sheffield United v. Brighton & Hove Albion - 18th February 2024

If I wanted to watch entertainment masquerading as sport I'd sit at home and watch the wrestling. For 50 years I've known what was handball, offside, fouling, red cards etc etc was. Now.....I've no clue. We're watching a product with manufactured drama for the masses sat at home paying their...
  18. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Boston v Blades in 1982-83 FA Cup

The "least competitive team we've ever had" award is possibly still within their grasp this season although I remember 75/76 got quickly to the point of me expecting us to lose every week too.
  19. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Boston v Blades in 1982-83 FA Cup

Puts in to perspective this seasons "worst team we've ever had" ..... and this lot in the vid aren't even the worst I've seen.
  20. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Stadium Development

Large back garden. Someone else mows it for you. Reinstate cash only turnstiles....tempting.
  21. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

BladesPod - latest episodes

Top 10 disaster films that are comparable to watching United this season ;)
  22. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

When did you leave the game? (AKA how big a Blade are you?)

Like many round me I was debating at half time in my head whether I'd leave at 5 or 6. When the fifth went in I was primed to exit as soon as they hit six. Actually left as I saw us hit the back of the net in the last minute thinking, ah well, least I saw the goal. Heard the booing as I walked...
  23. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

I hate forest

I put this in the Entertainment Chat forum a few days ago. Still think Sinclair should line this up to play before they visit......
  24. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Palace

I must admit, I re read the first comment several times thinking wtf ? It wasn't until I bothered with the rest that I remembered who their manager was........ Well played "our" Roy, caught me out.
  25. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

United 2 Brighton 5 - report

Weirdly I kind of enjoyed the game. Whether this was down to the enthusiasm rubbing off of Mrs DBGoH's 12 year old attending her first game I'm not sure. At two nil down I had no real idea of how we might get back in to it but at four two down I'd seen enough attacking intent, chances created...
  26. DaveBassettsgoneonholiday

stewards standing on the pitch at half time

They've been doing this for weeks. To be fair it's a very static zonal type formation and wouldn't stand up to a high press. Or should that be low press...... I don't think I understand football any more.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom