Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. L

Player Suggestion Viktor Johansson

Because houses don’t have release clauses and the owners can sell for whatever amount they like, providing someone is willing to pay. If a player has a £1m release clause his club has to sell him for that, they can’t try and hold out for a bigger fee. If a club is stupid enough to come along...
  2. L

Player Suggestion Will Smallbone

He's started 15 of their last 20 games. He started, and scored, in their game on Saturday. I'm not sure that makes him a bench player.
  3. L

Player Suggestion Viktor Johansson

The buying club might as well just trigger the release and then put any extra money towards a signing on bonus for the player in order give themselves a better chance of making the signing. The player won't sign for a team he doesn't want to sign for just because they've offered a little bit...
  4. L

Incoming? Kemar Roofe

You are aware that we haven’t actually signed him and that this is probably just made up bollocks, aren’t you?
  5. L

McBurnie and Jebbo future

That'll be it then 😁
  6. L

Rob Jones

There was 8 extra minutes played in the end. The other 3 probably came about because of the injury to Robinson.
  7. L

Now this comes as no surprise

Apologies if I missed it but I didn’t see you say that. I was replying to the bit where you said that Premier League clubs shouldn’t be allowed to have an academy side.
  8. L

Match Thread Chelsea v. Sheffield United - 7th April 2024

Were those players’ contracts running out just this week?
  9. L

Arblaster

Which ones? The better ones I can think of have all moved on at least once (Walker and Maguire)
  10. L

Incoming? Divin Mubama

Even if we feel that this lad could be better than all of them?
  11. L

McBurnie and Jebbo future

Where’s the link to Rangers come from? Seems an obvious move to me but I can’t recall where it originated
  12. L

McBurnie

Because if he answered the question with some specifics rather than the usual waffle it would be even more obvious that he has absolutely no idea.
  13. L

McBurnie

The “I’ve been wank” comment was two seasons ago wasn’t it? And wasn’t it just referring to that particular season, when everyone else was wank as well?
  14. L

Would you be happy with a situation where the same team wins the league every single season?
  15. L

Would you be more than happy if Man City and Newcastle went around buying all of the best players and therefore winning the league every single season? At the moment they’re slightly limited by FFP. Man City are only where they are because of money, imagine how much further they could take that...
  16. L

If it was up to me and I was going for drastic changes I’d make it that clubs couldn’t spend more than 80% of their income on the playing side and that couldn’t include input from the owners. The owners couldn’t take any money out and the other 20% should be spent on community projects. I...
  17. L

They might be waiting a while
  18. L

Which is why I’ve always found the FFP rules to be completely stupid. The fact that any club is ‘allowed’ to lose money is madness. I get that, like with other commercial businesses, losses will happen but we’ve got a system whereby clubs are striving to only lose so many millions, rather than...
  19. L

What happens if a Championship club who already has an academy gets promoted? Do they need to get rid of it? I think what you’re really saying is you want a better system for lower league clubs to be able to hold on to their academy players. Again this comes down to money. If teams like Man...
  20. L

We like competition in all walks of life. Why would we want to completely remove it from football? Absolutely, the ones complaining of competition are the ones not winning but they’re not winning for the most part because of the amount of money that they’re able to spend. If we allow the...
  21. L

Player Suggestion Out of Contract (2024)

He might get a Premier League move but I’d be very surprised if there was a list of Prem clubs wanting to sign him. I think a couple of the promoted clubs might be interested at best. Could be wrong though.
  22. L

Because it kills competition, which is bad for everybody in the long run.
  23. L

Paddy McNair

How much will he be on once his contract has run out?
  24. L

Match Thread Liverpool v. Sheffield United - 4th April 2024

McBurnie having to start when he isn’t fit enough to is possibly a reason for why he’s injured so often.
  25. L

Wilder

If you’re going to use such childish logic why don’t we use Arsenal as example. We lost 5-0 away from home under Hecky but 6-0 at home under Wilder. Fantastic improvement.
  26. L

Wilder

I agreed that there’s been some improvement. Did you read my comment? Again, I disagree that the improvement has been great. Yes we are now scoring goals but things haven’t been great in any way. Under Hecky we’d have been relegated with around 14 points. That doesn’t mean that it would be...
  27. L

Wilder

Again, things have improved but to say it’s greatly improved is what I’m questioning. Defensively we’ve been just as poor under Wilder than we were under Hekcy. I get that you’re absolutely desperate to try and paint a pretty picture but have you enjoyed our performances since he returned?
  28. L

Wilder

Greatly improved is what I’m questioning. There’s no doubt we’ve seen some improvement but I wouldn’t say it’s been great. Have you enjoyed our performances since he returned?
  29. L

Wilder

You’re going to need to define greatly. He’s managed 10 points in 15 games, which by my calculations would see us achieve just 25 points over a season, which would also see us relegated. In those 15 games we’ve also been completely embarrassed several times.
  30. L

Corruption.

Just for clarification, are you suggesting that bias, unconscious or otherwise, doesn’t exist in football?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom