Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. FlamingLip

Training Centre - Will it ever be completed and open?

Had an office opposite. Great location watching stunt pilots bezzing around every week.
  2. FlamingLip

Approach to the remaining games

Our credibility is gone. Salvaging some trace of dignity is all we can hope.
  3. FlamingLip

Premier League >>>The Holy Grail

Our peaks are the champ seasons. Our troughs are the Prem seasons. It's a weird paradox but it's reality without billions of investment which isn't likely. I don't mind getting relegated from the Prem every time we enter. But we have to manage to go down with some level of dignity. This season...
  4. FlamingLip

Passing, general ball control and dribbling

yes, a few departures etc would have an impact ... but its a bit of a dawn of a new era what with new ground round the corner. And it's stones throw from London which will be draw for recruiting (despite the place being a toilet)
  5. FlamingLip

Passing, general ball control and dribbling

Luton will go down (with patronising honour from plaudits plaudits)...but I can see them staying strong next season.
  6. FlamingLip

Where has our fans passion gone?

Just about all contributing factors have been given above. I'll add it will need a decent run of half decent performances to build back any level belief/pride. Right now we're utterly hopeless and would almost sound weird to hear endless terrace golden oldies being belted out whilst routinely...
  7. FlamingLip

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Brighton

Enjoyed that, with the exception of '...from the lower reaches...' comment. What 'reach' befits Brighton? Reach-around aside.
  8. FlamingLip

What a fucking result!

Chuffed for the travelling faithful. Enjoy dem beers
  9. FlamingLip

'Memries' 4 Years Ago, Just Look At Us

Was travelling passing through some Thai village. A local spotted my blades top and said 'Miiister Wilder' with a huge grin. He spoke fck all else English. Completely surreal. I didnt know what to do other than shake his hand and say 'Mr Wilder' back to him. For a split second, United were...
  10. FlamingLip

Can't remember such media ridicule?

Meant to say 'thats' 😃. Stealthily read it whilst on a works call. Led to unstealthy laughing
  11. FlamingLip

What's well written
  12. FlamingLip

Despite the utter gross witnessed in L1, we knew we'd climb out eventually. Whilst it was deflating, I wanted to experience the turnaround. At present, it very much feels like we've peaked and I can't see how the club will ever reinvent itself into an established top flight competitor. Its a...
  13. FlamingLip

The media will always stick the boot in, and audiences will always lap it up...... (so long as the target is a scruffy urchin).
  14. FlamingLip

Is it more fun in the Championship?

We've shown we can compete in the Prem for a season, even with a Primark squad. But, to build on that and threaten to be an established member? We're a million miles away and very much doubt I'll ever see it. So.... The Champ then. Far better all round right? Except for that I don't want the...
  15. FlamingLip

Wilder

For me, too much needs to change (ownership being the obvs thing) before a new name in charge will make a significant enough of an improvement. We're a shambles.
  16. FlamingLip

Wilder

We'd be getting pumped at home regardless of Hecky, Chrissy or Peppy in charge
  17. FlamingLip

Roy's View From... Southampton and Everton Fans Views On Mason Holgate

Wish you could have mined a few even mildly complimentary comments .... from his mum , old PE teacher maybe? We're all now convinced he's irreversibly gash
  18. FlamingLip

Clinton Morrison Pundit

quite like him. doesn't show obvious bias and does his research. stumbled on a podcast episode recently with him as a guest and came across pretty humble. He took some real criticism re his accent/articulation when he first entered the pundit scene - pleased he's stuck at it.
  19. FlamingLip

Roy's View From... Villarreal and Blackburn Fans Views On Ben Brerton-Diaz

“The worst player in the history of Villareal” 😆😆
  20. FlamingLip

Steel city derby looms

I understand the nerves, but hatred/fear of derbies? They're great occasions to have on the calendar, mutual cup finals. Would far rather share a league with the scruffy gets than without.
  21. FlamingLip

What's the point?

This season is sewing a seed of agreement with a closed shop prem league (sans us, obvs). Looking good whilst still failing is the best we can achieve, and we're currently a fair way from that.
  22. FlamingLip

That was a suprise

Have a go, lose 4-1 won't feel any fulfilling
  23. FlamingLip

“We’re an Honest Bunch”

My first game was in 89 and United have never been able to (nor should ever have expected to) consistently compete at the top level. Lack of investment isn't down to fan or club perception, just economics. We can be envious but can't compare our situation with the fortunes of Brighton (or...
  24. FlamingLip

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Chelsea

could you imagine such a set of comments on a pre-match view from 3 weeks or so ago? .... and from fucking Chelsea. Crackers.
  25. FlamingLip

I didn't want him back

Wilder is an underdog captain. And since he left, he's not had that role.
  26. FlamingLip

Roy's View From... View From Liverpool

Reading stuff like that almost makes me proud to follow a severely sub par championship elect and not a club embedded with such wet twats.
  27. FlamingLip

Hecky - Class Act

That last paragraph really encapsulates the man. A big thank you and wish all the best. I look forward to forming a bit of soft spot for whoever he takes charge of.
  28. FlamingLip

CONFIRMED Wilder Confirmed

Altho factually incorrect, Paddy Power made this point in a great post yesterday
  29. FlamingLip

CONFIRMED Wilder Confirmed

C'est la vie. He's one lucky bloke but fuck it, would rather channel energy in backing the club than continued slagging it off. We go again.
  30. FlamingLip

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Liverpool

Wow. Absolutely ridiculous that some Liverpool fans expect any sort of test. We've just been smashed by Burnley. Our lot have completely given up.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom